Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. I don't think they've had to use the aux rooms since the opening statement day. Although if DG is going to testify, I imagine it'll be like day one all over again with spectators. And yes, I'd likely be one of them in that case ...
I'm sure DG would like the biggest audience possible, I'm sure that would be the only reason he would actually testify.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Guys,

Correct me if I'm wrong but in order for Nathan's charge to be upgraded to first degree, one of the conditions would have likely had to have been met right? In this case likely kidnapping.

If it was kidnapping does this not naturally mean that he was alive when he was taken from the house, otherwise if he was killed at the house it would be 2nd degree for Nathan, no?

Not necessarily - if someone is killed during unlawful confinement it is first degree murder as well - he wouldn't have needed to remove them from the house for a 1st degree charge. Although the Crown is contending he in fact did just that.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 2m2 minutes ago
More
We're about to begin the 10th day of evidence in the Douglas #Garland triple murder trial. Jury to hear what police found on a hard drive.

[video=twitter;826113946138480640]https://twitter.com/NancyHixt/status/826113946138480640[/video]

I am guessing that the jury is going to receive additional instruction on todays testimony...

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago

Jury now in courtroom to begin hearing evidence in week three of the Douglas #Garland murder trial.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago
First up for the Crown today in #Garland will be homicide Det. Scott Guterson.

Det. Guterson is in the Calgary police homicide unit. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 43s44 seconds ago

Police put out an Amber Alert on July 1, 2014, when it was believe Nathan O'Brien was a missing child. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 33s34 seconds ago

Guterson first attended #Garland farm on July 5, 2014. Went through the den used by Douglas Garland.

Amber Alert ended on July 14, 2014. Police found no suicide note and no ransom demand was ever received, says Guterson. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 46s47 seconds ago
Detective Guterson said several different units from Calgary Police, RCMP and CBA were on the #Garland farm at the time.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Det. Guterson said he was the liaison between investigators at CPS headquarters and the team at the #Garland property

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 39s39 seconds ago
Guterson acted as liaison b/w investigators at #Garland farm + CPS. His job was to ensure "any information that was relevant" was passed on

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 31s32 seconds ago
Guterson dispatched to #Garland home on July 5 to look for 'biological material,' bloody clothes, electronics in basement

Bill Graveland Verified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
The #Garland den was in the basement of the home. Guterson was looking for bloody clothing, footwear, biological material, laptops.

Bill Graveland Verified account ‏@BillGraveland 47s47 seconds ago
Canadian Border Services - well trained in searches for hidden areas. Officers had a "merlin" a device to look for compartments. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
Gutterson brought in CBSA to search for hidden areas in home w/ device able to scan surface to check for hidden compartments #Garland

Guterson said searchers checked the attic of the #Garland home and were confident it had not been disturbed. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Guterson: said he came across papers in #Garland home with the name Matthew Hartley-including financial documents

(sorry so slow, cat knocked over his climbing tree thingy yikes)
-JS

Guterson received a call from the search supervisor - that they had found a computer hard drive in the rafters in the basement. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 25s25 seconds ago
Guterson said he retrieved the hard drive and turned it over to the tech/cyber crimes unit at CPS. #Garland #yyc

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 44s44 seconds ago
Guterson says when he was told they found the drive, he immediately drove back to the property to seize it #Garland #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
July 9 2pm: Got a call that a hard drive had been found in basement ceiling rafters along w/ cash, docs w/ name Matthew Hartley #Garland

[video=twitter;826121604794953728]https://twitter.com/CBCBryan/status/826121604794953728[/video]

Closeup of that new pic of office...

301n9lu.png

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Guterson said he doesn't know how much cash was found in the rafters at the #Garland home along with the hard drive.

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 2m2 minutes ago
When hard drive was found police were on day 5 of searching #Garland home

Det. Guterson immediately took a hard drive found in #Garland residence to the technological crimes unit.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Guterson talking about a box of items found in a closet in the #Garland residence. Inside were handcuffs, 14 cellphones, cyclinder lock.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
A box found in #Garland office contained older style handcuffs, 14 cell phones, cylinder lock, 22 caliber round, alarm panel, blades...more

alarm panels? is that new?
14 cell phones???!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members