Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if cleaning up any messes would even count as a priority when it's a scene of humiliation, torture, murder and dismemberment.

He still probably wouldn't want to have to clean up human waste.

What an evil man that we are even having these conversations. Ugh.

Is this right?
Full day today
Half day (morning) tomorrow, Friday
Monday full day - computer forensics (pre-warned graphic)
?

Nice pic of Alvin and Kathy... and Nathan looks more mature in this picture than many of the others.
[video=twitter;824660332870135808]https://twitter.com/MetroLucie/status/824660332870135808[/video]

I can't see the picture on here but are you talking about the pictures that were just posted on Twitter? I thought the same thing when I just saw them. I also got really sad because seeing Nathan's picture just breaks my heart. How could any one hurt him? Why didn't he just leave him at the house and tell him to hide. I'm not saying what happened to Alan and Kathy is ok but it takes a certain type of evil monster to kill a child.

Yes they were just on Twitter, Olive. I tear up every time I see that child's sweet face.

Side note, when I can't see pics (which is often) I reload the page and it works every time. I'm on a laptop though.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 3m3 minutes ago
Court about to resume in Calgary in the triple murder trial of Douglas #Garland. It's the ninth day of testimony.

I see the defence as asking good questions that are intended to clarify. For example, police testified that they used a tool that detects blood and found blood on light switches. The defence clarified that it is a 'presumptive' test that means nothing without additional testing. The defence also questioned Jennifer on her statement to police after discovering the scene - she did not actually say that someone came to the house, killed her family, and took the bodies. At this time, the defence goal seems to be to keep the prosecution, and their witnesses, honest.

Except the defence lawyers were wrong about Jennifer:

However, like police, Jennifer O’Brien believed even early in the investigation that someone had killed her parents and son. One of the officers at the crime scene heard Jennifer O’Brien confide her suspicions to her husband, Rod O’Brien, when he arrived to be with his wife.

“During this conversation, Cst. Callaghan heard Jennifer say that it was a murder and that (the killer) took the bodies out and took the sheets,” the affidavit stated.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...g-calgary-5-year-old-grandparents-likely-dead

Can't be that important though seeing as how the Crown didn't set the record straight.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
Cst. Ian Oxton, the primary forensic investigator on this case will be asked questions by defence as we begin this morning in #Garland trial

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 3m3 minutes ago

Start of day 9 of the #Garland trial is delayed because Justice David Gates is doing an unrelated sentencing in another courtroom.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 59s60 seconds ago

A delay starting #Garland testimony is over. Jury is in. Defence will cross examine lead forensic investigator Const. Ian Oxton.

Jennifer was in a state of shock. And what she said does not support the Crown's theory. Why confuse the issue when the defence mistake might inadvertently help the crown?

Do you think it was necessary for defence to even cross examine her? All he accomplished was correcting her on something he ended up being wrong about.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 41s42 seconds ago
Oxton tells Ross he had no prior conversations with officers who were @ #Garland farm before his arrival. Was debriefed by Det. Shute. #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 18s18 seconds ago
Const. Oxton was primary forensic exhibit handler at both the #Garland farm and the Liknes residence, he tells defence.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 32s32 seconds ago
Ross asking Oxton about the black bag found in #Garland outbuilding that contained handcuffs, a knife and a leather baton.

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 50s50 seconds ago
Oxton previously said it seemed out of place, clean/new-ish, Ross points out RCMP officer said the same thing #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 32s33 seconds ago
These were the items in the bag. Oxton says DNA testing showed only #Garland DNA and no one else's. #yyc #yyccrime

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 35s35 seconds ago
Oxton said he had be advised about the bag being out of place said "when i viewed it I agreed with the terminology used". #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 37s37 seconds ago
Const. Oxton agrees he was told in advance a black bag containing handcuffs, knife and billy club on #Garland farm looked out of place. 1/2

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
The constable said he had been informed before he arrived at the #Garland farm that the black bag was there. Items sent for DNA analysis.

I think cross exam is going to be a lot more active for this witness IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member