Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what i see too these are different from the images we ad before

What's the travel time from Bubbah's Veggie to Airdre? If he was showering at 715 came he be driving part Bubbahs at 737?

This address of the Psychiatrist office seems to share the address to West Calgary Dental. Would explain why his truck was there.

Good catch!

Did anyone else notice that his truck was seen at the liknes house on june 12 as well? Maybe when he stopped to find out what type of lock they had.

What's the travel time from Bubbah's Veggie to Airdre? If he was showering at 715 came he be driving part Bubbahs at 737?

It was his father that said he was showering at 7:15 a.m. there is a good chance his father was off on the timing.

Roughly... and simplified:

3:00 - 5:00am - it goes down at the L home.
5:00 - 7:00am - arrives at DG home, unloads and secures A, K, and N (or whoever is alive at this point if any), showers. Leaves prior to 7:30.
7:30 - 9:00am - drives by L Home, drives to, parks and attends appointment; truck bed is empty.

I need to move the timeline onto a map now. Yikes.
Also need to go back and check: DG shower time (DG parents heard in testimony) and if we have time of Receptionist call to DG home (DG parents testimony)

I guess so. He probably got his injuries while "taking care of business" at the farm after the fact. Since it appears he used the element of surprise at the house, as per his instruction manuals. So how does one interpret that? Was he just clumsily injuring himself or was someone alive to inflict those injuries?

:thinking:

So the doctor will not be testifying. And he did make that June 30th appointment, but was a half hour late. And no one noticed anything unusual about him.

Okay then....

My opinion? He could easily have had minor injuries to his face that weren't noted by the people in the office, in particular. If the injuries were fresh, there would be no scabbing right away. He could have been wearing a hat. He could have checked in at the desk, been looking the other way, muttered an apology, slunk off to the waiting room, and the receptionist would scarcely look up. Why would she?

Anyone have coordinates or address info for DG acreage for plotting on a map handy?

The 3:00am timeline doesn't appear to match up with DG being responsible for turning off the Liknes' computer router at 2:00am.

So the doctor will not be testifying. And he did make that June 30th appointment, but was a half hour late. And no one noticed anything unusual about him.

Okay then....

My opinion? He could easily have had minor injuries to his face that weren't noted by the people in the office, in particular. If the injuries were fresh, there would be no scabbing right away. He could have been wearing a hat. He could have checked in at the desk, been looking the other way, muttered an apology, slunk off to the waiting room, and the receptionist would scarcely look up. Why would she?

They were minor so very good chance she just didn't notice them.

The 3:00am timeline doesn't appear to match up with DG being responsible for turning off the Liknes' computer router at 2:00am.

They said it went off anywhere between 2:15 a.m. and 8 a.m. (i think). I don't understand why they don't have any exact time for that. I was on the phone with my internet provider a few days ago and they could see that I turned my router off at 8 a.m. that morning.

What we heard today will be connected together at some point with the DNA evidence from blood found on the truck. Unless DG managed to thoroughly degrade the DNA evidence with his blood masking chemical (forget the name) which I doubt, I suspect there will be a positive match to 1,2 or all 3 victims. I think that will be the nails in DGs coffin.

IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

June 30, 2014
2:15am to 8am Liknes router is disabled some time in this range.

3:00am - CCTV video around 3 a.m. just outside the Liknes home. (123 38 Ave SW). Video still images of a pickup truck driving in residential area (on 38 Ave SW) ~3am again ~5am and once more ~8am
3:30am - CCTV shows a pick up truck near Liknes home around 3:30 a.m. Also shows truck at 5:09 and 8:00 a.m.
5:00am Video still images of a pickup truck driving in residential area (on 38 Ave SW) ~3am June 30,14, again ~5am and once more ~8am
5:00am approx. - Green pickup similar to Garland's seen on Macleod Tr. around 5 am on June 30, 2014, had white item in truck box.
5:09 am - CCTV shows a pick truck near Liknes home on June 30th around 3:30 a.m. Also shows truck at 5:09 and 8:00 a.m.
5:15am - appears to have "white" contents in back
5:16am - CCTV footage from Buddha's Veggie shows green truck that "appears to have contents in the truck box" around (5802 Macleod Trail SW)

7:15am - Defence suggesting it was 7:15 am when accused was at home. Archie #Garland agrees. What time did DG parent hear him in the shower - I thought it was about 7?
7:37am - drives in opposite direction (from the Buddha's Veggie footage at 5:15am) and has nothing in box. What appears to be same truck drives by same location and the truck bed is empty. (Buddha’s Veggie 5802 Macleod Trail SW)

8:00am - Video still images of a pickup truck driving in residential area (on 38 Ave SW). CCTV shows a pick up truck near Liknes home on June 30th at 8:00 a.m.
8:00am - image of truck near Liknes home on June 30

8:30am approx. – Garland at appointment (8:30am approx- was supposed to be 8am). 1107 37 Street SW. One thing to also remember about the medical appointment - was not likely a full hour - usually only runs 45-50 minutes to allow leaving time, break for the therapist to prepare for the next appointment. With DG arriving 1/2 hour late he may have only been seen for 15 minutes.
9am approx. - similar looking truck seen at West Calgary Dental also has empty truck bed (1107 37 St SW, same as Dr address). Another CCTV video from West Calgary Dental on June 30, 2014 just after 9 a.m. shows a truck that appears to be the same.

June 30, 2014

3:00am - CCTV video around 3 a.m. just outside the Liknes home. (123 38 Ave SW). Video still images of a pickup truck driving in residential area (on 38 Ave SW) ~3am again ~5am and once more ~8am
3:30am - CCTV shows a pick up truck near Liknes home around 3:30 a.m. Also shows truck at 5:09 and 8:00 a.m.
5:00am Video still images of a pickup truck driving in residential area (on 38 Ave SW) ~3am June 30,14, again ~5am and once more ~8am
5:00am approx. - Green pickup similar to Garland's seen on Macleod Tr. around 5 am on June 30, 2014, had white item in truck box.
5:09 am - CCTV shows a pick truck near Liknes home on June 30th around 3:30 a.m. Also shows truck at 5:09 and 8:00 a.m.
5:16am - CCTV footage from Buddha's Veggie shows green truck that "appears to have contents in the truck box" around (5802 Macleod Trail SW)

7:15am - Defence suggesting it was 7:15 am when accused was at home. Archie #Garland agrees. What time did DG parent hear him in the shower - I thought it was about 7?
7:37am - drives in opposite direction (from the Buddha's Veggie footage at 5:15am) and has nothing in box. What appears to be same truck drives by same location and the truck bed is empty. (Buddha’s Veggie 5802 Macleod Trail SW)

8:00am - Video still images of a pickup truck driving in residential area (on 38 Ave SW). CCTV shows a pick up truck near Liknes home on June 30th at 8:00 a.m.

8:30am approx. – Garland at appointment (8:30am approx- was supposed to be 8am). 1107 37 Street SW. One thing to also remember about the medical appointment - was not likely a full hour - usually only runs 45-50 minutes to allow leaving time, break for the therapist to prepare for the next appointment. With DG arriving 1/2 hour late he may have only been seen for 15 minutes.
9am approx. - similar looking truck seen at West Calgary Dental also has empty truck bed (1107 37 St SW, same as Dr address). Another CCTV video from West Calgary Dental on June 30, 2014 just after 9 a.m. shows a truck that appears to be the same.

He had to have been exhausted by the time he got home from his monday appointment. I wonder if he went to sleep for the day or if he got right to whatever it was he did.

Could be because not showing up would be considered very odd and his doctor may start inquiring as to where he was. If we are correct in assuming that DG had certain personality disorders, his obsessiveness could be one reason he had to go. So between him worrying that missing the appt would look odd to the doctor, and his possible obsessive need to do everything exactly the same all the time (I do believe that in the ASF this morning it was agreed that he was never late and that being late was odd for him) that could account for why he had to go to that appt.

MOO

IIRC from the testimony of DG's mother, the Psychiatrist's office called to ask where DG was, as he was late for his appt.

Can the psychiatrist release his file to the court? I'm sure he must have mentioned Alvin many times.

Anyone have coordinates or address info for DG acreage for plotting on a map handy?

Someone had posted a property listing way back in one of the threads, I can't seem to find it and the link I have on mobile won't work when typed into address bar but the address attached to the listing it is

273149 RGE RD 291 Rural Rocky View County AB T4B 2A4

MLS Listing C4061020 I'm trying to find a link that works.

Someone had posted a property listing way back in one of the threads, I can't seem to find it and the link I have on mobile won't work when typed into address bar but the address attached to the listing it is

273149 RGE RD 291 Rural Rocky View County AB T4B 2A4

MLS Listing C4061020 I'm trying to find a link that works.

Thats great, thanks so much!

I think we know what happened to the missing bedding at the Liknes house...he had them wrapped in it and then put it in the back of the truck. No mention of seeing any passengers in the front with him. :(

Wow... this week, and today in particular, has felt like a marathon. There has been so much terrific work done by so many Sleuthers with regards to insight and in keeping us all up to speed. JadeSleuth, you are on fire! otto would/should be proud of you! He has done a number of timelines early on, and it is not lost on any of us what a huge undertaking it is! I am wondering what can possibly be coming in the next 2 weeks in terms of cementing this case, to warrant at least another 8-9 days of testimony. When the courts stated this would be a 5 week trial, does that include the sequestering of the jury and subsequent verdict and sentencing?

Added JO'B departure and return times (need to go back and verify her return time), added aerial photos on July 1/2 (no times yet). I guess I'm trying to narrow down the length of time that A,K and N could have been alive on DG acreage - if in fact they ever were.
I have no clue how to put this all onto a map, but thats what I'm going to attempt to do.

June 29, 2014
11:00pm - Jennifer's 1-year-old was fussing so she left the L home with him. She didn't notice anything unusual or see anyone outside the house.

June 30, 2014

3:00am - CCTV video around 3 a.m. just outside the Liknes home. (123 38 Ave SW). Video still images of a pickup truck driving in residential area (on 38 Ave SW)
5:00am Video still images of a pickup truck driving in residential area (on 38 Ave SW)

7:15am - Defence suggesting it was 7:15 am when accused was home. Archie #Garland agrees. What time did DG parent hear him in the shower - I thought it was about 7?

10:00am APPROX (need to go back and verify time). JO’B arrives at L home; within a few minutes, 911 call is placed.

July 1 & 2 - Mapping plane flew over property on July 1/2 photos show 3 bodies (need the exact times of the earliest of these photos). On July 1 and 2, a plane was taking photos for the city. Aerial photos, says Crown, clearly "show the bodies of Alvin, Katherine and Nathan"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member