Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He had to have been exhausted by the time he got home from his monday appointment. I wonder if he went to sleep for the day or if he got right to whatever it was he did.

I can't imagine he went to sleep. If he had been planning this for so long, he was likely very excited to get going. Also, if he does have ADHD, he may have energy many of us don't!

They said it went off anywhere between 2:15 a.m. and 8 a.m. (i think). I don't understand why they don't have any exact time for that. I was on the phone with my internet provider a few days ago and they could see that I turned my router off at 8 a.m. that morning.

My husband is a computer programmer... he said that a tech savvy person can remotely shut a router down from another location. It would involve some hacking but it can be done. Just an idea, but maybe DG with his computer skills did this before he got to the house.

I need to move the timeline onto a map now. Yikes.
Also need to go back and check: DG shower time (DG parents heard in testimony) and if we have time of Receptionist call to DG home (DG parents testimony)

Reid Fiest ‏@ReidFiest 10s10 seconds ago
The next morning (June 30) Archie says he heard Douglas in the shower around 7:30am. #yyc #Garland

Meghan Grant ‏@CBCMeg 44s45 seconds ago
Douglas #Garland had supper w/ parents on June 29. Archie says he wasn't aware of anyone leaving acreage. Douglas showered at 7 next morn

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Defence suggesting it was 7:15 a.m. when accused was at home Monday June 30, 2014. Archie #Garland agrees

Reid Fiest ‏@ReidFiest 1m1 minute ago
Archie clarified that the time he heard Douglas in the shower was around 7:15am on June 30, 2014 #yyc #garland

I'm surprised the agreed upon testimony of the psychiatrist wasn't still given - if only to highlight that the dental office and psychiatrist's office are in fact the same location, just different floors. Wouldn't it have bolstered the Crown's case that at least one of the CCTV footages was DG's truck?

JO testified that she tried to phone the Liknes's before coming over. Does anyone recall what time that was what? I want to say 7:00-7:30ish but it may have been later. Perhaps this could be added to timeline?

JadeSLeuth: AMAZING job!! Thank you for making sure the tweets get copied over here and phenomenal job sleuthing out a revised timeline!

Thank you to all the sleuthers that helped and have contributed. I know I am feeling relief that the crowns evidence is starting to come together.

Regarding the timing heading back to Airdrie and then back into town here are some parameters based on working on the hard, specific times captured going both ways on the Buddha Veggie CCTV and timing from google maps. I presumed a tiny bit faster driving on the highway than they suggest, so 30 min between Airdrie farm and Buddha’s (versus 32 minutes per Google); 5 minutes between Buddha’s and Liknes house; and, 18 minutes between Liknes and Dr. office.

5:11 likely left Liknes house
5:16 captured on Buddha’s video
5:45 likely arrived back at Airdrie farm
7:07 likely left Airdrie
7:37 captured on Buddha’s video
7:42 could have arrived at Liknes house
8:00 could have arrived at Dr office (18 min away), but still seen around this time in neighborhood
8:30 actually arrives in Dr office

Observations:

DG had a good hour to move the bodies from the truck back in Airdrie and do… what??... before heading in for his shower.

How long did DG hang around the Liknes neighbourhood before heading to his appointment. Was he worried about some possible evidence he had left behind? He had a 20 – 30 minute window here. Perhaps the morning traffic in the city slowed him down?

http://www.calgarysun.com/2017/01/26/live-douglas-garland-murder-trial-in-calgary

Two things caught the attention of Douglas Garland’s neighbour in the days after a Calgary couple and their grandson went missing — a glow from the greenhouse and a large fire.

Brian Kalmbach, who lived just south of the Garland farm, said he awoke between 2 and 3 a.m. on July 2, 2014, and noticed a light on in his neighbour’s greenhouse.

And later that same morning, Kalmbach saw a large fire burning on Garland’s acreage.

"It would’ve been in the burning barrel area," Kalmbach told a three-woman, 11-man jury.

"It wasn’t unusual, but this fire did appear to be a little larger and had black smoke coming from it."

Add to timeline maybe? Would he have kept the bodies around for two days before burning??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that we know that he did in fact go to his psychiatrist appointment if the victims were in fact alive at the farm it was risky for him to leave like that. I realize that they would have been severely injured and restrained but another element of risk.

One last thought and then i'm off to a hockey game with my 10 year old. Which i appreciate even more following a case like this.

I was surprised by the times he was at the liknes house. If he didn't leave their house until 5 a.m. that was extremely risky. My husband is awake by 4:30 a.m. and leaving for work by 5 so anyone could have seen him. Didn't one of his books say the best time to catch someone off guard was between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m.? It's like he tried to follow everything to "t"

If the neighbor saw the fire on July 2 does that mean the areal picture of bodies was taken on July 1?

Amazing timeline .. Such devastating times for family and friends..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro