Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 29s30 seconds ago
Camera operator makes sure it's operating properly and photos aren't obscured by clouds, says Gagnon. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 32s33 seconds ago
Inferred isn't thermal, says Gagnon. Used more to determine water content of vegetation. #Garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 39s40 seconds ago
Gagnon: the camera is made up of five cameras-- one each of black and white, red, green blue, infrared #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 56s57 seconds ago
The cameras used by Peregrine talk real time video, black and white, inferred and colour. #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 29s30 seconds ago
Camera operator makes sure it's operating properly and photos aren't obscured by clouds, says Gagnon. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 32s33 seconds ago
Inferred isn't thermal, says Gagnon. Used more to determine water content of vegetation. #Garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 39s40 seconds ago
Gagnon: the camera is made up of five cameras-- one each of black and white, red, green blue, infrared #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 56s57 seconds ago
The cameras used by Peregrine talk real time video, black and white, inferred and colour. #Garland #yyc

Oh Lucie - Inferred = Infrared :)

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 25s26 seconds ago
Gagnon: photos include date/time--Gangon explaining how cameras work and showing pics of the cameras #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 30s31 seconds ago
Meta-data (date, time, gps...etc) is captured and stored, according to Gagnon. #Garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 48s49 seconds ago
Gagnon: says of camera-"it fires approx every three seconds" #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 50s51 seconds ago
The camera takes a photo ~ every 3 seconds, said Gagnon. #Garland #yyc

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 1m1 minute ago
Gagnon says they follow a "grid pattern" when they fly to ensure complete coverage - and overlap in photos #Garland @CTVCalgary

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Plane flies in grid pattern to make sure they photograph entire area, says Gagnon. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Gagnon says they fly "back and forth" in a grid for ~ 6 hours a day. "it ensures complete coverage." #Garland #yyc

Thanks for putting this together. It makes it so much easier to follow the timeline seeing it all in one place. Something that stands out to me:

8:37 - passes Newcastle Pub heading west
9:12 - stops at Westbrook Mall

Newcastle pub is maybe a 5 minute drive from Westbrook Mall. So where was he during these 30 minutes? The touchless carwash someone else mentioned is right in between those 2 locations.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 28s28 seconds ago

The camera is a fixed lens (doesn't zoom) "If we are flying lower you can see greater, finer details"said Gagnon. #Garland #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 48s49 seconds ago

NOTE: Evidence likely to become more graphic now. #yyc #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 38s38 seconds ago
Gagnon: on July 1-was in Airdrie, Cochrane and Chestermere -very sunny out he said #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 41s41 seconds ago
Peregrine was subcontracted by another company to take aerial photos of Airdrie, Chestemere and Cochrane. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 51s51 seconds ago
Atlas Geomatics hired Peregrine in July 2014 to do surveying/mapping of Airdrie, Chestemere, Cochrane cities #Garland #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
Moving onto July 2014: Gagnon's company contracted to gather data/imagery from Airdrie (among other areas) #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Aidrie, Chestermere and Cochrane were among the cities asked to cover. Was doing these areas July 1/24, "very sunny." #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 31s31 seconds ago

Justice Gates now addressing the packed courtroom, says no recordings allowed, texting, social media. #Garland

Thanks for putting this together. It makes it so much easier to follow the timeline seeing it all in one place. Something that stands out to me:

Newcastle pub is maybe a 5 minute drive from Westbrook Mall. So where was he during these 30 minutes? The touchless carwash someone else mentioned is right in between those 2 locations.

He was at his therapy appointment at some point between 8:37 and 9:11.

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg now39 seconds ago
Judge pauses testimony to warn those in gallery not to record anything that goes on in courtroom #Garland

And I think there's our answer about whether these photos will be made available to the press and public. I'm saying not a chance. :(

MOO

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 55s56 seconds ago
Gates: what you are about to see are photos "no one should be taking any recordings of any of the images about to be shown" #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 30s31 seconds ago
Gates: warns of severe consequences to breaking the rules -- #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 37s38 seconds ago
WARNING: Description of photos taken on July 1, 2014 could be disturbing to some #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 51s52 seconds ago
Gagnon describing four photos taken on July 1, 2014. #Garland

I have never followed a case that had so much video from traffic, business, and home cameras. This is incredible!

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 15s16 seconds ago
Next footage is truck going NB on Deerfoot at Rocky Mountain Co-op at 5:46 a.m. and then at 5:49 at the Balzac weight scales #Garland #yyc

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan now36 seconds ago
Bouchard is now onto the next block of time, starts at 7:20 a.m. June 30, 2014. #Garland

Thanks to Kamille for the tweets. It seems he was off-camera from 5:49 am (last seen at weight scales) to 7:20 am ("truck seen going back into Calgary on the same highway"). That gives him 90 minutes to dump the bodies somewhere, shower, and leave.

[Tealgrove:] It is impossible for DG to be in the shower at 7:15 am if he's on the road at 7:20 am. IMO the Elder Garland's testimony is off and I don't believe intentionally. It's just not correct.
post at: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-and-Kathy-Liknes-5&p=13122939#post13122939

According to Archie's testimony, he seemed a bit unclear of the time his son was in the shower. For some reason, I thought he originally stated between 7 and 7:30, then settled on 7:15. According to previous tweets, he agreed with defence that it was probably 7:15. Remember, too, he had taken pain killers for a bad tooth the night before; he has hearing difficulty, and did not always understand questions. I doubt he deliberately mislead with the time of the shower, but did the best he could recall.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney · 5s5 seconds ago
Archie #Garland agrees he hears his son in the shower on morning of Monday June 30; "we had dinner together" he says of June 29.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney · 5s5 seconds ago
"He was there when we went to bed at 11 in the evening and he was there when we got up in the morning," says Archie #Garland. #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney · 1m1 minute ago
Defence suggesting it was 7:15 a.m. when accused was at home Monday June 30, 2014. Archie #Garland agrees
--snipped from post at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-and-Kathy-Liknes-1&p=13077299#post13077299

I don't know how much stock we can put into Archie's testimony, i.e., dates and times. Based on tweets I've seen, he has some hearing difficulties and some difficulty understanding some questions asked by the Defence. The Defence isn't pushing either. Such a very hard and sad position for DG's father to be in. Sad Sad Sad.
-- UBM; from post at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?327003-Canada-Triple-murder-Nathan-O-Brien-5-grandparents-Alvin-and-Kathy-Liknes-1&p=13077360#post13077360

Shouldn't the judge be giving this warning to the gallery at the start of every session? :waitasec:

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 48s48 seconds ago
Peregrine took photos of #Garland farm from 5,300 feet above the ground.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 44s44 seconds ago
I will also warn anyone following once again--details this afternoon are disturbing. We will not be showing the photos #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 54s54 seconds ago
Judge tells courtroom only lawyers, accredited media can record/use technology in court. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 18s19 seconds ago

Images now on screen: clearly two large bodies, face down, one smaller to the side on ground at #Garland farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member