Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the testimony today we learned LE got help in identifying his truck because he had what I think was a stuck cargo light on his F150.

Attached is a picture of the cargo light I think they were talking about. The white parts I think are the cargo lights and the red light comes on when brake pedal is pushed.
Its the light at the top in the middle behind the passenger cabin.

https://www.google.com/search?q=old...WSCZQQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1.36#imgrc=_ZeE_gW8JqhbfM:

I have been reading through some truck forums and this may have been a known problem with certain years of the F150s because I saw lots of references to a stuck cargo light.

Below is one example.

"A common problem with them is that the door switch that controls the light is in the door latch mechanism, not a sep. pin like on some other vehicles. What worked for me on my 99 was too saturate the latch mechanism with lubricant (WD-40 works) and then open and close the door a few times. This will usually clean up the gunk and get the switch to start working properly."

https://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62376

I'm just sitting here and something crossed my mind. It's kind of a graphic question and I wish I didn't even have to think about this. Did he dismember the bodies out in the open in broad daylight? The pictures of the bodies were taken in the morning correct?

I think he worked back there where the bodies were seen in today's pictures. It was isolated from the rest of the farm, far from road and drive way and lots of trees between that area and the house. I think this also goes to show just how "right" he was and how "justified" his actions were.

I think he worked back there where the bodies were seen in today's pictures. It was isolated from the rest of the farm, far from road and drive way and lots of trees between that area and the house. I think this also goes to show just how "right" he was and how "justified" his actions were.

I agree. I think he dismembered right out in the open back there. Also, if I remember correctly the package of diapers were found in the trailer which is right there as well. I think pretty much everything that happened, occurred out there. I have no words.

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 50s51 seconds ago
Next location is Victoria Park LRT station. Vehicle turned e/b on 17th Ave SE #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 5s6 seconds ago
Bouchard said the suspect truck then turned westbound onto 17ave SW #Garland\

One reporter is saying east and one is saying west. People in Calgary - which one should it be?

Thank you Central Alberta - if he did turn eastbound he would have been going in the wrong direction for Westbrook Mall which is just off 17th Ave & 37th street sw.

I am offended that DG even had the "right" to plead not guilty when the aerial photos were provided in disclosure and he knew he had about a zero chance of beating these charges.

Everyone is so quick to say that the accused has rights and we are to presume he is innocent until proven guilty. Well, I believe that has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt!

We will never know the depths of torture he put the victims through, and perhaps that is for the best, but for this to even plead not guilty is a disrespect of the law, of human decency, and to the victim's bodies. May they rest in peace and little Nathan who was deprived of a lifetime, hopefully did not suffer for long.

I hope the defence lawyers can sleep at night.

Moo

I'm wondering if the aerial photos show any distinguishing features such as hair colour, body size or shape (male/female).

Also, if they were in diapers, does that mean they were alive at one point? Or are the diapers part of the fetish/fantasy that DG was determined to carry out regardless if they were dead or alive. I can see the fetish being more of a female thing for DG than a male thing.

I'm wondering if the aerial photos show any distinguishing features such as hair colour, body size or shape (male/female).

Also, if they were in diapers, does that mean they were alive at one point? Or are the diapers part of the fetish/fantasy that DG was determined to carry out regardless if they were dead or alive. I can see the fetish being more of a female thing for DG than a male thing.

This is all I could find re:distinguishing features

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Three figures Crown submits are the victims' bodies were 1.9, 1.7 and 0.7 long, says Gagnon. #Garland

I'm just sitting here and something crossed my mind. It's kind of a graphic question and I wish I didn't even have to think about this. Did he dismember the bodies out in the open in broad daylight? The pictures of the bodies were taken in the morning correct?

I wondered the same. It almost sickens me more to think he may have dismembered out in the open. Any idea what that building with the big vent on top would be used for? It is just a shed, and is that "vent" actually a fan? Could the buildling be used for sawing things? If so, then we will hear evidence in trial. Is there a burner of any sort inside that building? And the two green things -- they look more like trailers, similar to train-cars, for storage?

Oh, I have questions galore, but then I make myself sick with the thoughts I conjure.

I agree. I think he dismembered right out in the open back there. Also, if I remember correctly the package of diapers were found in the trailer which is right there as well. I think pretty much everything that happened, occurred out there. I have no words.

Yes I remember the diapers were found in that trailer and after today's evidence it does make sense that everything took place in that area.

I am so disturbed by this trial and especially today's evidence that I am going to have a hard time sleeping. My heart is broken for the Liknes and O'Briens. I really hope the jurors will be able to recover from this as well. I imagine it will be hard to close their eyes at night for a long time without seeing those images.

Here is a link to an article written by Kevin Martin about the photos. I copied and pasted something from it.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local...os-of-rural-property-allegedly-showing-bodies

"Before the images were shown in court, Gates warned everyone present there would be dire consequences if anyone in the courtroom gallery attempted to take photos of the onscreen displays.

Gates told the members of the public he is still determining whether the photos will be released to the news media."

So according to this the judge hasn't released the pictures yet. I hope after seeing the reactions of the family and the jurors he decides not to release them.

I wondered the same. It almost sickens me more to think he may have dismembered out in the open. Any idea what that building with the big vent on top would be used for? It is just a shed, and is that "vent" actually a fan? Could the buildling be used for sawing things? If so, then we will hear evidence in trial. Is there a burner of any sort inside that building? And the two green things -- they look more like trailers, similar to train-cars, for storage?

Oh, I have questions galore, but then I make myself sick with the thoughts I conjure.

That shed doesn't appear to be tall enough for a person to work in (not standing height.) Looks like a chemical storage shed to me. The vent is at the top of the building so that any noxious gases from chemicals can escape the shed.

That shed doesn't appear to be tall enough for a person to work in (not standing height.) Looks like a chemical storage shed to me. The vent is at the top of the building so that any noxious gases from chemicals can escape the shed.

When we looked at the sheds in 2014, it seemed that they were next to irrigation taps. Pumps and fertilizer chemical storage makes sense.

Attachments

• CalgaryThreeSheds - Copy.jpg
    CalgaryThreeSheds - Copy.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 53
  • CalgaryThreeShed - Copy.jpg
    CalgaryThreeShed - Copy.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 47
  • AirdrieSearchSite - Copy.jpg
    AirdrieSearchSite - Copy.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 54

It could just be deceiving from the angle of the photos we have seen and be taller than it appears. Look at the pic of the investigators in white coveralls nearby ... do you think you can tell if they could stand inside? See my screen shots from above linked video below.

It would make sense to have a vent for noxious gases, so you may be right.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0921.jpg
    IMG_0921.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 216
Was there any kind of chemical residue recovered from where the bodies were placed? I thought I saw something about lye but I can't remember where on the acreage it was found.

When we looked at the sheds in 2014, it seemed that they were next to irrigation taps. Pumps and fertilizer chemical storage makes sense.

aha.... you have better pictures than me. It does look too low to work inside. I think you are both on the right track. Thanks otto and garbagetweet.

I just want to take a moment to thank all of you that have been actively posting your thoughts/opinions and ALL of those tweets!

:yourock:

I remember following along when they first went missing and have come back and have been following along during the trial. I was brought to tears today reading about the aerial photo's and the reaction in the court room :(

Thanks again to all of you that post the tweets and updates from the trial!

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 50s51 seconds ago
Next location is Victoria Park LRT station. Vehicle turned e/b on 17th Ave SE #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 5s6 seconds ago
Bouchard said the suspect truck then turned westbound onto 17ave SW #Garland\

One reporter is saying east and one is saying west. People in Calgary - which one should it be?
It would be west 😊. 17th Ave actually ends at Macleod Trail so you can only turn west. The c- train station Stampede Park are on the east side.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

aha.... you have better pictures than me. It does look too low to work inside. I think you are both on the right track. Thanks otto and garbagetweet.

The photos I posted are from 2014. I think we had the same debate about whether they were sheds or irrigation-related pump housings three years ago. It's interesting that we zeroed in on that area in great detail without knowing about aerial photos, dogs, and diapers.

I just want to take a moment to thank all of you that have been actively posting your thoughts/opinions and ALL of those tweets!

:yourock:

I remember following along when they first went missing and have come back and have been following along during the trial. I was brought to tears today reading about the aerial photo's and the reaction in the court room :(

Thanks again to all of you that post the tweets and updates from the trial!

I concur! It's fantastic to be able to come here at the end of the day and have not only updates, but analysis of what was presented in court. It is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member