Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up and I agree.

I wonder if he just came a little early for his appointment so he dropped by to check things out to see if LE was there or not. Then he had to blow about 30 minutes till his appointment and I wondered if he went to Tim Hortons because I saw one reference to that place on the tweets. Is Tim Hortons open that early for a cup of coffee?

Timmys is always open.

I have a download of the image file from July 2. The July 1 image isn't available (I'm assuming it was removed in April 2015 after police/the aerial photo company reviewed the images.

You can download it here but you also need some GIS software.
http://www.calgaryregionopendata.ca/browse/4112

Yes. This photo is really amazing detail. Thanks for sharing it a few days ago. Once I had downloaded the right software I was able to view it and find their farm by cross referencing another map. And then I zoomed way down and I found what I think to be his truck parked at his farm.

I couldnt make out any bodies lying anywhere but it could have just been me not finding them or maybe they were not yet in this one.

The detail is amazing from the overhead shot.
It was taken from way way up in the sky.

Do we know if it is a satellite image or from a plane or something?

Its kind of scary to think there are things above us that can take photos like this. Amazing stuff.

ETA
Oh and the other thing is I think I even see him standing by one of the bulidings if I am seeing things right. There appears to be a person standing and just coming out from an out building and heading toward what looks like a tractor. Its hard to make out because its practically vertical and it looks top top of his head and side of face and shoulders.

Much better tweeting by court room reporters. We were able to get a sense of the atmosphere of the court room. Maybe someone has been sleuthing!!
One of my friends actually messaged Nancy and asked her to include a bit more of the courtroom atmosphere and if DG is reacting.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

One of my friends actually messaged Nancy and asked her to include a bit more of the courtroom atmosphere and if DG is reacting.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thank you. We really could use much more of that from the reporters.

They need to error on side of over providing information rather than under providing it. Some are better than others at it. They need to remember that their audience doesnt have a clue what things are like in the courtroom.

But we have been told he was late for his standing appointment which was very unusual. He was supposed to be there at 8am.

Your right. I forgot he was late. There was talk on the tweets about a 30 minute gap between shots of his truck around 8:00 and 8:30 while he was spotted near their house again.

His curiousity of wanting to go by and check out their place again probably made him late.

Ill have to go back and try to build my own timeline from all the tweets. It got very confusing trying to follow the times he was captured and where exactly it was they were talking about.

I like to know if he ended up seeing his doctor, he did not have to be late. After driving by the house he still had time to make his appt. He appears to me that he was purposely late but still wanted to show up.

I like to know if he ended up seeing his doctor, he did not have to be late. After driving by the house he still had time to make his appt. He appears to me that he was purposely late but still wanted to show up.

"Keeping Up Appearances"

Yes. This photo is really amazing detail. Thanks for sharing it a few days ago. Once I had downloaded the right software I was able to view it and find their farm by cross referencing another map. And then I zoomed way down and I found what I think to be his truck parked at his farm.

I couldnt make out any bodies lying anywhere but it could have just been me not finding them or maybe they were not yet in this one.

The detail is amazing from the overhead shot.
It was taken from way way up in the sky.

Do we know if it is a satellite image or from a plane or something?

Its kind of scary to think there are things above us that can take photos like this. Amazing stuff.

Glad you were able to get it open! It is quite remarkable how much detail you can see when you zoom in. This is also the aerial I pointed out way back, that by Outbuilding #3 it appears to be a person, with a shadow casting on the ground in a purplish shirt.

Interesting that they talked about a person with a shadow today.

I first though that 2 companies had flown, however this was by Atlis Geomatics, which is the company that contracted Peregrine to do the Aerial Mapping. Which we of course heard testimony from today.

No bodies or scorched grass by the south outbuildings, but the area is matted down.
There was only a 6 hour window for these aerials to be taken. And the download page says July 1. [FONT=&quot]Aerial Photography from Atlis Geomatics, flown July 1, 2014, 10 cm resolution.
http://www.calgaryregionopendata.ca/browse/4112[/FONT]

http://globalnews.ca/video/3200842/...ars-about-cadaver-dogs-search-of-garland-farm

Forgive me if this was posted and I overlooked it. It is a video (article posted Jan. 23) describing Sully, the cadaver dog used to search the Garland property. Sully hit on three spots: the burn pile, the burn barrel, and frantically at the area by the three outbuildings.

Some screen shots:

3 areas dog hit on:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0919.jpg
    IMG_0919.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0921.jpg
    IMG_0921.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 281
Glad you were able to get it open! It is quite remarkable how much detail you can see when you zoom in. This is also the aerial I pointed out way back, that by Outbuilding #3 it appears to be a person, with a shadow casting on the ground in a purplish shirt.

Interesting that they talked about a person with a shadow today.

I first though that 2 companies had flown, however this was by Atlis Geomatics, which is the company that contracted Peregrine to do the Aerial Mapping. Which we of course heard testimony from today.

No bodies or scorched grass by the south outbuildings, but the area is matted down.
There was only a 6 hour window for these aerials to be taken. And the download page says July 1. [FONT=&amp]Aerial Photography from Atlis Geomatics, flown July 1, 2014, 10 cm resolution.
http://www.calgaryregionopendata.ca/browse/4112[/FONT]

Yes and thanks Gen_Bug. I think it was actually you and not Garbagetweet who helped me find that aerial photo when I was asking about the overhead shots the other day.

And yes the detail in the photo is just incredible. I could not believe how much detail they can capture from so far up in the sky. I spent a couple hours looking all over the farm trying to spot things and when I saw the person standing there it scared me. LOL

Amazing stuff.

In response to some of the confusion earlier back about the floor plans. To keep myself sane, after the plans were tweeted - I started adding Crime Scene photos according to where they went. I haven't updated with all photos. But gives you the idea.

The "Basement" Level is actually floor plan of 2 levels. The Main Level, or Street Level has the Garage, the Side door with the Schlage Lock. Off that entrance/foyer is the inside door to the garage off right, and office off left.

Straight forwards leads to stairs up and down. Right goes down to the actual basement, and left leads up to the kitchen, or the second level.

It's not perfect, but I hope it can help.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Floor Levels.jpg
    Floor Levels.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 238
http://globalnews.ca/video/3200842/...ars-about-cadaver-dogs-search-of-garland-farm

Forgive me if this was posted and I overlooked it. It is a video (article posted Jan. 23) describing Sully, the cadaver dog used to search the Garland property. Sully hit on three spots: the burn pile, the burn barrel, and frantically at the area by the three outbuildings.

Some screen shots:

3 areas dog hit on:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Good boy Sully! Good boy! Give the dog a treat! :dance: Thank you, Spellbound, for finding this.

Your right. I forgot he was late. There was talk on the tweets about a 30 minute gap between shots of his truck around 8:00 and 8:30 while he was spotted near their house again.

His curiousity of wanting to go by and check out their place again probably made him late.

Ill have to go back and try to build my own timeline from all the tweets. It got very confusing trying to follow the times he was captured and where exactly it was they were talking about.

BBM

CentralAlberta can save you the time ... she (he?) made a good timeline of the times the truck was seen on videos. Post # 196, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-and-Kathy-Liknes-5&p=13123296#post13123296

I've been busy most of the day and catching up when i had time. Like everyone else today's evidence made me so angry and sad. I hope those pictures never get released by any member of the media. How does that work? Can anyone from any media Outlet request them or are they only available to Media who sat through the trial? It would be beyond disrespectful for images like that to be published.

BBM

CentralAlberta can save you the time ... she (he?) made a good timeline of the times the truck was seen on videos. Post # 196, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-and-Kathy-Liknes-5&p=13123296#post13123296

Thanks as this helps a lot. Maybe the time stamps were slightly off on some of the cameras which could explain the strange differences in some of them.

One of the most interesting things we learned from todays testimony is that he parked away from their house and walked up on foot to break in and do the murders. Then he finally gets back to his truck and then drives his truck up to their place to load the bodies.

This part of the tweets shows that and it seems he must have forgotten something when he first started to head toward their house at 3:27 because he turns around and goes back to his truck at 3:29 and then right back toward the house at 3:30.

3:14 - Truck goes down alleyway behind Likeness home
Truck is stationary near 145 38 A Ave

3:18 - Figure seen walking westbound on sidewalk towards Likeness residence
3:27 - Figure seen walking westbound towards Likeness residence

3:29 - Figure walks back in opposite direction towards pickup.

3:30 - Figure seen walking towards Likeness residence

5:00 - Figure seen walking towards truck from direction of Likeness house

4:52 - Truck moves in direction of Likeness home
5:20 - Truck is seen eastbound on 39 Ave then southbound onto MacLeod Trail

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-and-Kathy-Liknes-5&p=13123296#post13123296

From these we see from 3:30 to 5:00 he had to have been in their house.

I'm just sitting here and something crossed my mind. It's kind of a graphic question and I wish I didn't even have to think about this. Did he dismember the bodies out in the open in broad daylight? The pictures of the bodies were taken in the morning correct?

This is great - thank you. Just wondering if it should be westbound from Victoria Station along 17th Ave?

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 50s51 seconds ago
Next location is Victoria Park LRT station. Vehicle turned e/b on 17th Ave SE #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 5s6 seconds ago
Bouchard said the suspect truck then turned westbound onto 17ave SW #Garland\

One reporter is saying east and one is saying west. People in Calgary - which one should it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member