Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he has the "right" to see the evidence however, I absolutely hate the fact that he gets to view his handywork again. It disgusts me.

I am also going to stick my neck out and say that although the family was told they were dead and disposed of.....I do not believe they had seen these pictures before. They are evidence.

I CANNOT imagine the pain of this family and Jennifer and Rod, in particular, seeing their child DEAD, lying in the grass all curled up - naked. This is their last image of their son.

I am crying for a family I don't know and if I feel this bad I don't know how Jennifer and Rod get up every morning and carry on.

My heart just broke today.

While we wait - thanks a ton Kamille for covering earlier today. I have a LOT to catch up on.
Shout out to CentralAlberta for the excellent compilation of the CCTV timeline - this is going to be very helpful!

:cheer:

Was it ever stated that the brown burning and staining of the grass could be seen on the July 2nd photos?

On a side note, it's incredibly cold here in Calgary, and we got a huge amount of snow over the past few days. It's currently -21 celsius (-6 F) and foggy/ light snow. The city is at a grinding halt and it's very depressing here - I'm sure that makes today's proceedings all the worse. Picture from just now.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5389.jpg
    IMG_5389.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 240
2 out of the three bodies appear to be naked (KMartin), does that mean that Nathan had something on.. The best that can come of this is that Nathan was killed at the house...
Were there testimony on June 30? I thought his mother testified he had supper with them that day ?

I know he has the "right" to see the evidence however, I absolutely hate the fact that he gets to view his handywork again. It disgusts me.

I am also going to stick my neck out and say that although the family was told they were dead and disposed of.....I do not believe they had seen these pictures before. They are evidence.

I CANNOT imagine the pain of this family and Jennifer and Rod, in particular, seeing their child DEAD, lying in the grass all curled up - naked. This is their last image of their son.

I am crying for a family I don't know and if I feel this bad I don't know how Jennifer and Rod get up every morning and carry on.

I thought I was tough! I honestly cannot begin to imagine how this family has coped. Beyond the stuff that nightmares are made of and my imagination doesn't even stretch itself to those limits. I think we will all feel heart ache along with hatred and disgust today.

Was it ever stated that the brown burning and staining of the grass could be seen on the July 2nd photos?

I haven't seen it tweeted but the aerial photo looks pretty green. I'll try to get a screen capture of it and post it to the discussion if that is allowed.

I haven't seen it tweeted but the aerial photo looks pretty green. I'll try to get a screen capture of it and post it to the discussion if that is allowed.

Where are you seeing this pic? TIA

In order to keep things straight in my brain I made a time line according to the tweets. I didn't worry about the discrepancies
snipped by me.

Thank you for this timeline ... I was going to try to do something similar to ight, you saved me a lot of work.

I so agree. This is beyond difficult and I have no words to describe what it must be like to be those parents. :praying:

On a side note, it's incredibly cold here in Calgary, and we got a huge amount of snow over the past few days. It's currently -21 celsius (-6 F) and foggy/ light snow. The city is at a grinding halt and it's very depressing here - I'm sure that makes today's proceedings all the worse. Picture from just now.
attachment.php

Ugh I know, and I had to schlepp downtown for an interview with this head cold. Happy to stay home and cover the trial for a couple of days now!
I guess the weather is matching the mood of the courtroom today at least.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Throughout the trial #Garland has remained emotionless in the prisoner box. Often looking closely at evidence on screen and taking notes.

The only emotion from him will be when the GUILTY verdict is read.

I have to go back and check the timelines. I kind of missed a day.

I was thinking all along that he broke in the night of June 30th. I just hit me about 1/2 hour ago that I had it wrong and that he took them in the early morning hours of the 30th.

I think Mom did say that DG had dinner with them the night of the 30th. But then again, why wouldn't he? Remember the computer file "Keeping Up Appearances"? That's why he went to the psychiatrist that morning and had dinner that night. Then he tinkered around the farm, burned some stuff...just a regular day. ALL SAID AND TYPED WITH AN ABUNDANCE OF SARCASM.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
After short break, court back in session for #Garland trial, continuing x-examination of Gagnon.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago
Lutz now asking Gagnon about July 2 photos. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 46s46 seconds ago
"i am not able to change a specific area to meet a certain colour, it would change the entire image," said Gagnon. #Garland #yyc

I think they're trying to imply that the grass was brown due to manipulation of the photos and not because of something DG did to the bodies.

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 2m2 minutes ago
Crown is re-examining Gagnon. He's being asked about the colourization process of the images. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 2m2 minutes ago
Cross-X of Gagnon has ended. Crown has a follow-up question. #Garland #yyc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members