Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh I know, and I had to schlepp downtown for an interview with this head cold. Happy to stay home and cover the trial for a couple of days now!
I guess the weather is matching the mood of the courtroom today at least.

Horrible, isn't it?

On a side note, it's incredibly cold here in Calgary, and we got a huge amount of snow over the past few days. It's currently -21 celsius (-6 F) and foggy/ light snow. The city is at a grinding halt and it's very depressing here - I'm sure that makes today's proceedings all the worse. Picture from just now.
attachment.php

dreadfully cold your way! You are about a 30 hour drive from here in Dundee, Michigan. 45 degrees today, may hit 60 degrees F to orrow --- with big thunderstorms expected. We have not had the usual snow and cold temps here this year.

JadeSLeuth, you take care of that horrible cold. These are lasting a long time for people.

Kamille, you did a superb job with the tweets, thank you.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 45s46 seconds ago
Gagnon is finished testifying #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 46s47 seconds ago
Gagnon says he had no concerns about the colourization of photos of #Garland farm.

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Crown now questioning Gagnon again #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 3m3 minutes ago
Gagnon's company was asked by RCMP to search for a man in Langley, BC. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 3m3 minutes ago
Gagnon is now using a photo from another Peregrine job to demonstrate colour correction. #Garland #yyc

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 3m3 minutes ago
Crown is re-examining Gagnon. He's being asked about the colourization process of the images. #Garland

Heads up for tomorrow - DNA

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 1m1 minute ago
Gagnon is now done. He's the final witness for the Crown today. Testimony will resume at 10 a.m. tomorrow. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Gagnon is done. #Garland trial done for today. #yyc

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Court is wrapped up for today. Back with DNA evidence tomorrow. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 48s48 seconds ago
Jurors on Tuesday will hear evidence all day from RCMP DNA expert Vivian Mohrbutter about her findings. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 2m2 minutes ago
#Garland trial resumes tomorrow at 10 a.m. and there will be evidence from only 1 witness, Vivian Mohrbutter, a DNA expert. #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 48s48 seconds ago
Jurors on Tuesday will hear evidence all day from RCMP DNA expert Vivian Mohrbutter about her findings. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 2m2 minutes ago
#Garland trial resumes tomorrow at 10 a.m. and there will be evidence from only 1 witness, Vivian Mohrbutter, a DNA expert. #yyc

Does that mean we find our whose blood was where at the Likeness home?

Vivian Mohrbutter has testified in a couple of higher profile trials in the last year or two ...

Vader tiral: http://www.stalbertgazette.com/article/Vader-trial-looks-at-DNA-in-detail-20160409
"...A second DNA expert who also works in the RCMP laboratory in Edmonton, Vivian Mohrbutter, was qualified as an expert with no objection from Beresh ..."

Herntier trial: http://www.cjob.com/2015/10/26/trial-for-murder-of-sex-trade-worker/
"...A DNA analyst from the RCMP is testifying today about evidence found during the police investigation. Vivian Mohrbutter told court ..."

I have a download of the image file from July 2. The July 1 image isn't available (I'm assuming it was removed in April 2015 after police/the aerial photo company reviewed the images.

You can download it here but you also need some GIS software.
http://www.calgaryregionopendata.ca/browse/4112

Okay then, now I get it. I believe the assumption on that photo was that it was also done on July 1 by another company but that makes more sense, it was Atlis Geomatics that commissioned the pictures and the pic that did make it online was the one taken on July 2nd even though it went up as a pic taken on July 1st, 2014. The July 2nd pic is the one from a higher altitude. I believe it was gen_bug who originally brought this picture to our attention and posted some close ups from it.

MOO

Okay then, now I get it. I believe the assumption on that photo was that it was also done on July 1 by another company but that makes more sense, it was Atlis Geomatics that commissioned the pictures and the pic that did make it online was the one taken on July 2nd even though it went up as a pic taken on July 1st, 2014. The July 2nd pic is the one from a higher altitude. I believe it was gen_bug who originally brought this picture to our attention and posted some close ups from it.

MOO

When and by whom were the pictures of the chemically burnt grass taken? That's an aerial view as well but not high. Drone maybe?

How did they not see the pictures until April 2015? This was a high profile case you would think they would have checked the pictures over the farm right away. Wonder how they stumbled onto it???

When and by whom were the pictures of the chemically burnt grass taken? That's an aerial view as well but not high. Drone maybe?

The pictures that the reporters are using were taken by LE once they started the search around July 5th?

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 11m11 minutes ago
Tomorrow in the #Garland trial, DNA expert Vivian Mohrbutter will testify about what was found on farm. She's Crown's only witness Tuesday

The Crown is starting to bring it on home. Tomorrow will hopefully be powerful testimony on the DNA. Reap it, Garland.

Those were taken by CPS and/or RCMP after they obtained the search warrant, July 5th iirc.

Much better tweeting by court room reporters. We were able to get a sense of the atmosphere of the court room. Maybe someone has been sleuthing!!

The fact that Nathan was there, really put a kink into his planning. No doubt, Nathan would be missed the next day and someone would be looking for him. Maybe he came back and parked somewhere to watch in order to see whoever arrived at the house and their reaction. He is a sick . i wouldn't put it past him that he wanted another "thrill" out of what he'd done.

Catching up and I agree.

I wonder if he just came a little early for his appointment so he dropped by to check things out to see if LE was there or not. Then he had to blow about 30 minutes till his appointment and I wondered if he went to Tim Hortons because I saw one reference to that place on the tweets. Is Tim Hortons open that early for a cup of coffee?

Catching up and I agree.

I wonder if he just came a little early for his appointment so he dropped by to check things out to see if LE was there or not. Then he had to blow about 30 minutes till his appointment and I wondered if he went to Tim Hortons because I saw one reference to that place on the tweets. Is Tim Hortons open that early for a cup of coffee?

But we have been told he was late for his standing appointment which was very unusual. He was supposed to be there at 8am.

Catching up and I agree.

Open 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members