Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crown must think he kept them alive for a bit at the farm, hence the white material seen in the photos. They wouldn't need adult attends if they were deceased... unless he put them on at the house to transport (which I doubt)

He's enjoying the photos. Reliving the entire thing. Beyond evil. Probably getting a kick out of all the weeping in the courtroom too.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 44s45 seconds ago
Cross examination by defence lawyer Jim Lutz: suggests the cameras create one blended image. Yes, says Gagnon. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 53s54 seconds ago
Garland's lawyer, Jim Lutz, is now questioning Paul Gagnon. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 2m2 minutes ago
Crown has finished their examination of Gagnon. He is now being cross-x by defence Jim Lutz. #Garland #yyc

You know, we knew this was coming, but until they put it out there in front of you, the evilness (is that a word?) of what this sick freak did to Alvin, Kathy and Nathan is beyond my comprehension.

I have no ability to disbelieve the Crown. I get it. I have to assume that they were alive when they were taken from the house.

The Diapers.....OMG.

Thanks for putting this together. It makes it so much easier to follow the timeline seeing it all in one place. Something that stands out to me:

Newcastle pub is maybe a 5 minute drive from Westbrook Mall. So where was he during these 30 minutes? The touchless carwash someone else mentioned is right in between those 2 locations.
That is when he was at his psych appt i think.

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 2m2 minutes ago
Gagnon became aware of the contents of the photos taken by his company in April 2015 #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 2m2 minutes ago
Gagnon says the photos were not altered in any way. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 3m3 minutes ago
Gagnon says the photos are a fair and accurate depiction of the work he did on July 1 and 2, 2014. #Garland #yyc

When did they go back to the farm and search again?

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 21s22 seconds ago
Gagnon says the technology does not enhance colour of one part of a picture, but the whole picture #Garland #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 31s32 seconds ago
Crown done w/ Gagnon. He's being cross examined by #Garland lawyer Jim Lutz now

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 51s52 seconds ago
When Gagnon flew over the next day (July 2, 2014), the bodies were gone. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 58s59 seconds ago
Lutz is asking Gagnon about adjustments made on images. Gagnon says adjustments are made to image as a whole, not specific areas. #Garland

Yes, I think it's unlikely he put the diapers on them at the house. I think they were alive at that ****ing farm.

This is the most harrowing and disturbing day so far.

I'm looking at what I believe is the July 2, 2014 aerial photo and I can pretty clearly see blue-ish smoke rising from the burn barrel area. What I also find interesting is that the area in front of the three south sheds/out buildings is actually still very green. I'm assuming that whatever chemicals may have been dumped on the bodies hadn't burned the grass right away. It certainly doesn't have the brownish colour as shown in the property photos and some other aerial photos.

I can only imagine the elation of the crown when the aerial photographs were discovered in april 2015.

Good job CPS. Prayers to the family, this is beyond rough

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 3m3 minutes ago
"We typically use pigment as our adjustment medium,"said Gagnon, explaining they use grey balance to make images cohesive. #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 34s34 seconds ago
"A white object will appear white," Gagnon says about colourization done by aerial camera. #Garland

Sit down and be quiet, Lutz. You can't do anything here. IMO
-JS

:tears: I don't even know if I can follow along --- my emotions are out of bounds right now. You know when a jury asks for a break it has to be terrible what they are witnessing right now. My heart breaks for Jennifer and any other family members who may be present, for the jury and even for all the reporters, spectators, court personnel. Even though they have probably seen horrendous things before, this has to be difficult to keep their composure.

Well that's how the diapers tie in. Both adults had one on.

Well, I was going to ask ..... "huh?' but I read on for once.

:grouphug:

Thank you .... we all need this. :grouphug:

[video=twitter;828723263203192832]https://twitter.com/KMartinCourts/status/828723263203192832[/video]

Two of the three figures appear to be naked except for what appears to be white underwear on. Adult diapers were found in sheds nearby.

thanks for this!

OMG .... either they were still alive, or he did not want them losing bodily fluids in his truck. What the heck did he do with/to them from June 30 to July 1? Were they left out there overnight, was he getting ready to dismember, why were they just laying out in the open? I honestly think I would :puke: if I was I the courtroom.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 55s55 seconds ago
As Gagnon goes over images, #Garland looks intently at his screen in prisoner's box, studiously examining pics and taking notes.

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 1m1 minute ago
What looks like 3 bodies seen July 1 are not in the photos of the same area taken July 2 #Garland @CTVInaSidhu

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
July 2, pictures were taken at 11:24 am. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 1m1 minute ago
Photo was taken at approx. 11:24 a.m. July 2, 2014. #Garland

Like, what notes are you possibly taking anyway?
-JS

How he can improve his tactics for next time. I'm still convinced he thinks he will get off.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago
Gagnon explaining colourization of images done by program to defence lawyer Jim Lutz. #Garland

Go away Lutz. MOO
-JS

That is when he was at his psych appt i think.

That would make sense. I guess I was confused because the dental office is in the same building as his psych appointment so I was under the impression that his truck was seen when he arrived at his appointment. Maybe he parked on the street, went to his appointment then drove down the back alley when leaving? If that's the case, that would put him at his appointment from approximately 8:42-9:11. Does that seem right?

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago
Gagnon explaining colourization of images done by program to defence lawyer Jim Lutz. #Garland

Go away Lutz. MOO
-JS
Yeah, 'cause colour correction makes bodies appear, go away Jim

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 36s36 seconds ago
"The software doesn't interpret the image," says Gagnon. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 51s51 seconds ago
They took 907 photos on July 1, 2014, Gagnon tells Lutz. Colour correction was done on mass to all photos. #Garland #yyc

Gagnon tells the defence Peregrine took 907 pictures on July 1, 2014, colour correction was not done on all of the images. #Garland

Gagnon needs to do an in-depth interview about the discovery of the content of his photos - one day after the trial is over and done. I would really like to hear his complete story.
-JS

Gagnon says there were no technical differences between photos taken on July 1 & July 2, 2014. #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 2m2 minutes ago
Gagnon says his client didn't ask for specific enhancements for photographs taken in July #Garland #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Throughout the trial #Garland has remained emotionless in the prisoner box. Often looking closely at evidence on screen and taking notes.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 50s50 seconds ago
Short break for defence lawyers to confer. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Defence asks for break in #Garland trial. #yyc

Insert very sarcastic MOO comment here
-JS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online