Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he stopped to wash his truck in the missing time period.

If you go back and look at the picture of the truck behind the dental office it does look pretty clean. It also looks like there are puddles in the back alley so if roads were wet, you'd expect the truck to be quite dirty, especially if driving on dirt/gravel roads to the farm.

We moved from the Westbrook area of Calgary to Airdrie on June 29th, 2014 and I remember a lot of rain around that time. We didn't have landscaping done yet and there was mud everywhere when we moved.

In one of the shots of the truck it looked like the road was wet.

When going from the Liknes house to his appointment is there a car wash in that area?

I believe there were 2 locations of the same car wash that provided video surveillance. So you can bet if he pulled into one of them, it would have been on tape. There was no indication that he was seen pulling into a car wash. Or any other business other than his doctor's office on the morning of June 30, 2014. Although all of this testimony did end with that last stop at the doctor's office at 9:12am. I wonder why it didn't continue after the appointment and back to Airdrie? :waitasec:

MOO

Const Bouchard was a fantastic witness. It's just to bad that we can't see the video he put together. I think his testimony would make more sense but regardless, it certainly seemed he threw every ounce of his energy into connecting the movement of the truck.

Something very important I think, that Garland left the acreage, drove around the Liknes residence and then was personally witnessed at his psychiatrist appointment. That establishes that he was the driver of the green truck and that it was under his control.

Hopefully that video, or snippets from it, will be released to the press and might show up online later today.

If you go back and look at the picture of the truck behind the dental office it does look pretty clean. It also looks like there are puddles in the back alley so if roads werew wet, you'd expect the truck to be quite dirty, especially if driving on dirt/gravel roads to the farm.

We moved from the Westbrook area of Calgary to Airdrie on June 29th, 2014 and I remember a lot of rain around that time. We didn't have landscaping done yet and there was mud everywhere when we moved.
I was thinking more on the line of washing blood out of the truck box.

I believe there were 2 locations of the same car wash that provided video surveillance. So you can bet if he pulled into one of them, it would have been on tape. There was no indication that he was seen pulling into a car wash. Or any other business other than his doctor's office on the morning of June 30, 2014. Although all of this testimony did end with that last stop at the doctor's office at 9:12am. I wonder why it didn't continue after the appointment and back to Airdrie? :waitasec:

MOO

Those carwashes were both Bubbles Carwashes which are full service. I'm guessing if he did go to a carwash it would have been a self-serve one.

[video=twitter;828709768940228608]https://twitter.com/BillGraveland/status/828709768940228608[/video]

This is a very vague recap of what he witnessed in the courtroom this morning.

Quite a few within a couple of blocks of that route. Most notably there is one on 17th Ave at 30th street (or so - I don't know the exact street but it is a couple blocks east of the McDonald's by Westbrook Mall.)

Yes there's a massive "touchless" one 35th Street & 17 Ave SW - walking distance from Westbrook Mall and the Psychiatrist's office

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 30s30 seconds ago
#Garland triple murder trial about to resume--aerial photographer expected to testify *graphic content warning for anyone following this aft

Just posting this for the person who informed us of this case this morning...

CP24Verified account ‏@CP24 6m6 minutes ago
BREAKING: Judge finds Winnipeg woman Andrea Giesbrecht guilty of disposing of dead babies in storage locker

I've noticed that Lucie Edwardson makes a lot of errors in her tweets, presumably because she wants to get them out quickly. Reminds me of something my friend, who is a reporter for CTV once said, "it's better to be right than first."

She's actually one of my favourite. She gives the most detail and often posts pictures with her tweets. It's personal preference i guess.

[video=twitter;828713061368205313]https://twitter.com/CBCBryan/status/828713061368205313[/video]

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 45s45 seconds ago
Cross-x of Cst. Bouchard beginning now following lunch break in #Garland trial #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 10s11 seconds ago
Defence Kim Ross asks Bouchard if he agrees some attributes noticed - light on back of truck- doesn't appear in all video. #Garland #y

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 8s8 seconds ago
Cst. Gerald Bouchard under cross examination at #Garland trial-said some of the features of the green truck were not seen in all CCTV videos

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 4s4 seconds ago
Cst. Bouchard is now being cross examined by #Garland's lawyer, Kim Ross. Admits 'box light' was not always on

I wonder if the pilot will actually have any interesting testimony today? I wouldn't expect him to have anything interesting because the pilot usually just flies the plane and possibly operates the photo equipment. He usually isn't involved in the processing of aerial photos nor would he have seen the final photos. I wonder if the aerial photo will actually become evidence today?

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 38s38 seconds ago
#Garland defence Kim Ross cross examining Cst. Bouchard now-agrees the red light was not on in the suspect truck in some of the videos

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 10s10 seconds ago
Defence asks about the red rear cab light. Bouchard confirms it's not visible in every single video #Garland #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney now54 seconds ago
Bouchard agrees the red light on truck cab exterior wasn't always on in each image/video. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie now37 seconds ago
"I believe the vehicle was in between two cameras" Bouchard said of time period when vehicle wasn't seen driving past 2nd camera. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt now53 seconds ago
Ross-asks Bouchard about his testimony he could see a figure walking near Liknes home June 30/14 #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan now43 seconds ago
Cst. Bouchard being asked about the 'figure' he saw near the Liknes home. He was unable to identify him/her. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie now42 seconds ago
Bouchard agrees there was no cameras capturing Parkhill Street, which is an exit for both cars + peds in Likneses neighbourhood. #Garland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya