Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an appointment today so just getting caught up. Sorry if this has been said already but this dumb dumb left a red light on in his truck bed??? Thanks for the help DG!

Notice how he parked away from all the other cars? IMO he didn't want anyone to look inside or the back of his truck.

Don't think he's parked there, just stopped. He proceeded from there to park at the mall? We need locals to make sense of these tweets.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 37s38 seconds ago
Bouchard also went to Mexico to check out Likneses condo with Det. Gutterson as part of this investigation. #Garland #yyc

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 19s20 seconds ago
Crown has concluded its questions of Constable Bouchard. Case now adjourned until 2 pm. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts now33 seconds ago
#Garland trial now on lunch break. Const. Bouchard to be cross-examined at 2 pm.

What am I missing?

The Elder Garland's are Crown Witnesses. They testify that DG was in the shower at 7:00 am. Defence crosses and suggests that DG was in the shower at 7:15. AG agrees that it was 7:15 am.

I might have just answered my own question. The suggestion of 7:15 am that DG is showering, makes it impossible for him to be driving at 7:20 am.

I have wondered about this "suggestion" since I read it. I sincerely believed that suggestion was going to be used to question something throughout the process.

Notice how he parked away from all the other cars? IMO he didn't want anyone to look inside or the back of his truck.

He probably hadn't had time to really clean it yet. Man it really disturbs me when these murderers just go on with their day so quickly after doing something so horrible.

This is weird because, if I'm not mistaken, it said that the green truck went down the Liknes street at 7:43 (or so) and immediately left but it doesn't show up on video again until 8:30 only a few blocks away (McDonalds/Tim Hortons.) Where was the truck for almost 45 minutes?

That was my impression too. We've got it on the street around 7:43 or 7:47 depending on which reporter you want to believe and then the next thing is the sighting at 8:30am? Nothing was said in the tweets that the vehicle stayed on their street for any length of time when he returned?

:waitasec:

What am I missing?

The Elder Garland's are Crown Witnesses. They testify that DG was in the shower at 7:00 am. Defence crosses and suggests that DG was in the shower at 7:15. AG agrees that it was 7:15 am.

I might have just answered my own question. The suggestion of 7:15 am that DG is showering, makes it impossible for him to be driving at 7:20 am.

Isn't that "leading the witness"? The prosecution should have made an objection IMHO.

Why the hell did he go back to the house? I'm thinking 1 of 2 things - either to clean up further (risky), or for kicks, to see what was going on.

Last week someone said he may have gone back to see if police were there yet. Determine how much time he had. Remember without nathan there it may have taken more time for the crime scene to be discovered.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie now43 seconds ago
Figure didn't appear in camera 6 "I didn't see them continue to walk through," said Bouchard. #Garland #yyc

Michael PlattVerified account ‏@SUNMichaelPlatt 21s21 seconds ago
Just before 5 am, cctv camera captured person walking back towards where truck was assumed parked. About1.5 hours had passed. #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 6s6 seconds ago
Lights from vehicle can then be seen coming on and dark pickup truck driving in direction of Liknes home at 4:52 am. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 3s3 seconds ago
Bouchard now describes lights shining on a nearby fence, believes the person who was walking got into the pick up truck at 4:52 am #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 27s28 seconds ago
A truck is then seen pulling away, same exterior box light on. This is happening just before 5 a.m. June 30/14. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 25s26 seconds ago
"Single pickup, dark green colour, no tail lights but box light again" says Bouchard as he continues to play CCTV tape from 38A Ave #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie now33 seconds ago
In reviewing footage from the area, Bouchard said he didn't see the vehicle anywhere within a 1/2 hour #Garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt now39 seconds ago
Bouchard: Truck seen pulling away from near Liknes home 4:52am June 30/14 #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts now29 seconds ago
After driving towards Liknes home pickup was not seen on any CCTV footage for another half hour, says Bouchard. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie now43 seconds ago
"We weren't able to find that vehicle using those exit points at all," said Bouchard, they then turned to MacLeod Trail footage.#Garland

From this I am lead to understand that at 4:52 DG went back to his parked truck, started it up and shone the headlights in the fence, then drove it to closer the Liknes' home, where it stayed for 1/2 hour, no doubt where he loaded his victims into the box and covered them with a tarp.

Just throwing this out there......

Maybe he went back because he thought he'd left something there. He drives back and then out and parks somewhere to think. He runs it all through his head, maybe even goes through his truck looking for something. Maybe he finds it. Whew....OK, now he can go about his business.

I drive a LOT. There are many times when I pull over and take a minute to think. Just to get my thoughts back in order.

He might have become overwhelmed and needed to collect himself. Pulls off, parks and just works on getting a grip.

I think he went back to the house to see if he the police was there, we do not know where the truck was for 1/2 hour , maybe he was parked in a way where he could see if there was police cars coming. Maybe that when he decided to show up at his appointment, if not he may had gone back to Airdrie right away..

Isn't that "leading the witness"? The prosecution should have made an objection IMHO.

That may have been the time that was given by the Garlands in their original statement so it is no problem to remind them of it and have it put into the trial record. I'm sure the Crown wasn't about to start questioning the elderly Garland parents about their time observations when they knew the video evidence would just override it. Not worth the bother. The jury will disregard any time references the elderly Garlands made that conflict with solid video evidence IMO.

MOO

I think he went back to the house to see if he the police was there, we do not know where the truck was for 1/2 hour , maybe he was parked in a way where he could see if there was police cars coming. Maybe that when he decided to show up at his appointment, if not he may had gone back to Airdrie right away..

The fact that Nathan was there, really put a kink into his planning. No doubt, Nathan would be missed the next day and someone would be looking for him. Maybe he came back and parked somewhere to watch in order to see whoever arrived at the house and their reaction. He is a sick . i wouldn't put it past him that he wanted another "thrill" out of what he'd done.

I'm intrigued by the dental office. I wonder if Douglas knew someone that worked there? We have heard that there was a dental chair, dental equipment and anaesthetic at the farm. You can probably purchase all that stuff online but why would he stop at the dental office that morning? I'm thinking that if he knew someone there maybe that person was supplying him with equipment from the office. Maybe that individual discreetly left stuff in the alley for Douglas.

That may have been the time that was given by the Garlands in their original statement so it is no problem to remind them of it and have it put into the trial record. I'm sure the Crown wasn't about to start questioning the elderly Garland parents about their time observations when they knew the video evidence would just override it. Not worth the bother. The jury will disregard any time references the elderly Garlands made that conflict with solid video evidence IMO.

MOO

It took me a few weeks of following the Bosma trial to figure out lawyers have a lot more leeway during a cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420