Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking with a friend who lives in Airdrie yesterday and of course this trial came up in conversation. He is a runner and he told me about running roads in the area back in July 2014 - he was stopped multiple times and questioned by LE. They would then radio ahead to the next LE that a jogger was coming their way, but he was stopped and questioned each time. He could see LE in the fields, shoulder to shoulder, conducting the searches.

Are these other aerial photos not going to be released at all? Cant seem to find any documentation on it other then the judge telling people not to record what was happening.

From olivebpa's post above:

"Before the images were shown in court, Gates warned everyone present there would be dire consequences if anyone in the courtroom gallery attempted to take photos of the onscreen displays.

Gates told the members of the public he is still determining whether the photos will be released to the news media."

So according to this the judge hasn't released the pictures yet. I hope after seeing the reactions of the family and the jurors he decides not to release them.

Has it been determined that there's a 30 minute period DG is unaccounted before he showed up at his appointment? I was just thinking about it today, and maybe the idea of him stopping at a car wash isn't so strange. If he used a hose to wash down his truck at the farm, that would spread the dna all over the grass there, whereas if he ran through a local car wash, he could hope it would all be left behind. He didn't seem to be too smart about cctv cameras though, so he'd have to have just lucked out in finding one without a camera.

What's on my mind: how did he load the bodies from the L home. I haven't gone back in depth over yesterday's CCTV evidence. What are people thinking?

Based on the tweets i thought he came back to the truck before 5am and moved it into the driveway. Loads the victims and then leaves. I don't have time to go back to the tweets right now to support thus though!

I am offended that DG even had the "right" to plead not guilty when the aerial photos were provided in disclosure and he knew he had about a zero chance of beating these charges.

Everyone is so quick to say that the accused has rights and we are to presume he is innocent until proven guilty. Well, I believe that has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt!

We will never know the depths of torture he put the victims through, and perhaps that is for the best, but for this to even plead not guilty is a disrespect of the law, of human decency, and to the victim's bodies. May they rest in peace and little Nathan who was deprived of a lifetime, hopefully did not suffer for long.

I hope the defence lawyers can sleep at night.

Moo

Meant to add that I agree with the presumption of innocence, if the accused is actually innocent, but when disclosure makes it impossible for him to be "not guilty". This trial was a torture show for family. Moo

Question - should 'The Pictures' be released, do members think we should share them here, share just a link to them, not share it at all (people can go find them if they want), or take it downstairs?

Personally I do want to see them but definitely should be a link and not inline with the thread with a big advisory

Has it been determined that there's a 30 minute period DG is unaccounted before he showed up at his appointment? I was just thinking about it today, and maybe the idea of him stopping at a car wash isn't so strange. If he used a hose to wash down his truck at the farm, that would spread the dna all over the grass there, whereas if he ran through a local car wash, he could hope it would all be left behind. He didn't seem to be too smart about cctv cameras though, so he'd have to have just lucked out in finding one without a camera.

Welcome lecomte!
:greetings:

I don't know. The car wash seems very plausible. For some reason, I can picture him doing a quick hose down at the farm rather than paying money for a car wash. He could have been dumping evidence in random trash cans, but I think he'd just burn it all at the farm. Not sure ....

I agree. Then I suppose once the CPS discovered the traces of blood/DNA still inside the truck box, the actual location he washed it at became immaterial in terms of evidence that the trio were transported in the truck.

Question - should 'The Pictures' be released, do members think we should share them here, share just a link to them, not share it at all (people can go find them if they want), or take it downstairs?

In Canada publication bans are very common, far more than in the US. Because one of the bodies was of a child, I think the images will be forever sealed by the court so it's a nonissue.

And so it should be imo. No family deserves images of their dead family members spread all over the internet, only because the who allegedly murdered them had the option of pleading not guilty.

Is there a part of me that is curious about the pictures? Yes. I don't want them released though. I could go through a long spiel, but to keep it short here is what i asked myself. If this was my parents and son would i want the world seeing pictures of them like this? The answer is no.

If people wanted to see them bad enough they could have went to court yesterday. If you had no way to be at court for whatever reason then you don't need to see the pictures. Several reporters said that the courtroom was full yesterday so enough of the public beared witness (proved it happened and is true).

Good eye, Otto! Watching the raw video that LoriMcA linked, indeed it shows the middle little shed is stuffed with something that looks exactly like a white tarp.

Odd though, I can't think of ever seeing a white tarp around here at all. Green, blue, brown, beige colours are sold at hardware stores but I'm sure not white. Perhaps white tarps are used for some type of specialized industrial purpose and it was bought at an auction sale?

White tarps, anybody know what they're commonly used for?

Painting perhaps? ... or is it something that is sold near Tyvek suits?

What's on my mind: how did he load the bodies from the L home. I haven't gone back in depth over yesterday's CCTV evidence. What are people thinking?

There wasn't anything in the testimony about how they were put into the back of the truck. The Liknes house was between two cameras so police knew when he was at the house, but not exactly what he was doing. My guess is that Nathan was carried, Kathryn was dragged, and possibly Alvin walked. Garland had more than one option for knocking him out after he was in the back of the truck.

[video=twitter;828978689815646212]https://twitter.com/NancyHixt/status/828978689815646212[/video]

We had a couple tarps that were white, many years ago. I'm not sure if it's relevant but ours were custom made to a particular size for a particular purpose. It's possible hubby ordered them for a farm supply co.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had a couple tarps that were white, many years ago. I'm not sure if it's relevant but ours were custom made to a particular size for a particular purpose. It's possible hubby ordered them for a farm supply co.

White tarps, or drop cloths, are very common amongst painters and other trades workers. I think I have two good sized ones in my garage right now from a bathroom reno project. Very heavy weight, but not super absorbent.

I'm curious about the pictures, not to see the actual photo but rather if there was a crude artist's rendering or sketch that explained what was visible in the actual photo.

I'm curious about the pictures, not to see the actual photo but rather if there was a crude artist's rendering or sketch that explained what was visible in the actual photo.

Part of me wants to see it with my own eyes to believe it. I'm wondering whether there are blurred shapes with some white, or whether there are distinct bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway