Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only way not is if he was put into Bowden - but that's min/med security. I'd be surprised if they considered him anything other than a max security sort of prisoner. Just speculating though. Where else do you think he would go?
He could go anywhere in Canada

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I was going to ask that. Do prisoners go to other provinces? I never even thought of this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm not willing to travel down the "he was on crystal meth" road. This has not been suggested at all by the crown and there is no evidence to support this. As scary as it is some people are so evil that they can commit crimes like this without the influence of drugs.
Why are you "not willing" to travel down that road? What evidence to support that would there be? Was he drinking? If he was there likely wouldn't be evidence of that either. The only way they could tell that is if they did a tox screen the day of the murders - and he wasn't in custody at that time. I don;t know that he was on meth, but you don't know that he wasn't.

I was going to ask that. Do prisoners go to other provinces? I never even thought of this before.

Federal prisoners can go to any federal prison I believe

I guess it depends on capacity? Edmonton is a hard *advertiser censored* prison.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 2m2 minutes ago
Court for #Garland trial resuming after short break; cross-examination of Arns to begin soon.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago

#Garland break over. Crown prosecutor Shane Parker has another question before cross-examination of Arns begins.

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 39s40 seconds ago
Sgt. Arns is now being questioned by one of #Garland's lawyers, Kim Ross.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 49s50 seconds ago
Cross-examination by defence lawyer Kim Ross underway. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago

Emotions are high in the #Garland trial today. Family members can be see tearing up in the gallery. #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 36s36 seconds ago
Arns says she was aware other police officers were in Liknes home before her. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 45s45 seconds ago
Ross asks Arns if she was aware others had been through the home prior to her. She says yes, but not sure of any civilians. #Garland #yyc

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 19s20 seconds ago
#Garland trial back with cross-examination of Arns; before going into the Liknes home, she was only told there was a lot of blood #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 34s35 seconds ago
Before arriving, Arns was told home had "significant amount of blood." At the time, was still a missing persons case #Garland

Well what was the darn one last question from Shane Parker??? Darn reporters, WTH???

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 32s32 seconds ago
3 main areas of house had more blood letting, though blood throughout #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 50s50 seconds ago
Arns confirms there were 3 main areas with more significant blood letting than the rest of the home. #Garland #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 31s31 seconds ago
Arns confirms Kathryn Liknes' blood was found throughout the home aside from 3 main areas of concern #Garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 47s47 seconds ago
"there were three main areas" that had the most blood Arns said-adds 'there was a significant amount throughout" #Garland

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what angle the Defence could use to defend their client and I can't come up with anything. There are no glaring holes int he evidence. The only thing that is surprising is that DG's DNA was not found in the Liknes home.

They can't even try to suggest that someone else was responsible for what occurred at the Farm as DG's DNA along with the victims' come together.

The Prosecution has proven that the victims were murdered, that their bodies were at the farm, that saws and meat hooks were used on them, that DG's rubber gloves and boots had DNA of all 3 victims along with his DNA on the insides. KL'S DNA was found under the license plate of the truck DG drove. That same truck was seen outside their home the night they disappeared. And then to top it all off, DNA was found of all 3 victims around and in...the burn barrel.

We also have evidence of him purchasing blades, meat hooks and grinders at Princess Auto. We know about his hideous research however the Defence would like us to believe that it's possible he wasn't the one doing the research or using the computer. And he hid the hard drive.

What's to defend? He doesn't have friends that can be called as witnesses to say he was somewhere else. His own family were called by the Prosecution.

I'm going out on a limb and suggesting that the DG will not be putting on a defence. However, I could be wrong because I think DG wants to put on a defence.

Whatever they choose to do will be of no consequence. DG is guilty and he's going straight to jail with no GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD!

MOO

GRAPHIC FOR THE NEXT WHILE

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 21s22 seconds ago
It's possible Kathryn was suffered multiple impacts, said Arns. #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 55s56 seconds ago
Very good possibility Kathy Liknes struck multiple times before she bled, says Arns. #Garland

Arns said she cannot tell how many impacts an individual suffered, but she can definitively say there was "at least 1" #Garland #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
Arns can't say how many "impacts" were suffered by each victim #Garland

My guess and hope is NO was unconscious quite early and never woke up (or that's my sincere hope).

I think the same. It would explain NO's body curled up on it's side when seen in the aerial photo of the farm.

Defence is trying to make sound less horrible. Good Try.

Arns confirms that based on stains/spatter the impacts suffered by the victims were close to ground level. #Garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 42s43 seconds ago
Ross asks if Arns can quantify just how much blood was in the Liknes house-she answers "no" #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 46s47 seconds ago
Arns can't say how much blood was lost (can't give measurement) #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 49s50 seconds ago
Arns says she cannot tell how much blood (ml or L) of blood the victims lost. #Garland #yyc

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Arns reiterates how she can't say for sure that there were multiple impacts in Liknes bedrooms. Nor can she quantify blood loss #Garland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member