Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job strike team! And CPS! And yes they must have the journal! I wonder if the will be presented tomorrow because the last 2 crown witnesses are testifying tomorrow! Omg to read his thoughts????? I can't even imagine what the Journal will say!!!!

T5. You are The One Who is Going Down.

So he bought gloves and flashlight and a towel at Walmart. What specifically I wonder was he going to clean up or wipe down?

I bet that journal has a bunch of lists, checklists and such. Diagrams. Oh, and crazy ramblings.
I'm dying to see it.
Me too, there has to be some real incriminating evidences in it..

I wonder what he was writing in the notebook? He's pure evil. I hope none of the victims were alive at the farm. A life sentence won't be justice enough in a horrifying case like this.

Why would he need a towel? I don't think he intended to go in the house, he could get towel in there. The saw ?

I don't know if we'll hear any more about the journal. Wouldn't the Crown have mentioned it in opening statements if it had anything of value to the Prosecution?

Seriously! How on earth could they stop there for the day! I know that the evidence and testimony has been emotionally overwhelming and exhausting to comprehend, but come on! Adjourning with the take down is like signing off a TV show with "until next time". I want to hear the rest now! :gaah:

I don't know if we'll hear any more about the journal. Wouldn't the Crown have mentioned it in opening statements if it had anything of value to the Prosecution?
That's what i was thinking also. It was probably just filled with nonsensical ramblings/musings.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Arns agrees with Ross there was significant amount of blood loss. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Arns says she agrees that it appears Kathryn lost a significant amt of blood. #Garland #yyc

Rereading these tweets makes me think Ross is actually trying to get the witness to state that there was indeed "significant amount of blood loss". Is it possible he's actually trying to prove the Ls and NO must have died from blood loss at the house, rather than later on at the farm, after being kidnapped and tortured? Thus minimizing the charges for which his client will be convicted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder what he was writing in the notebook? He's pure evil. I hope none of the victims were alive at the farm. A life sentence won't be justice enough in a horrifying case like this.

I don't know. Anybody who was attending psychiatric apppintments once a week while plannning such a horrific slaughter isn't likely to suddenly be pouring out a whole lot of honesty into a notebook.

But I'd Iike to be wrong.

T5. You are The One Who is Going Down.

So he bought gloves and flashlight and a towel at Walmart. What specifically I wonder was he going to clean up or wipe down?

Wasn't he staying at a motel at that point? A motel has towels. He needed a towel he could throw away, it seems. So I agree, he must have wanted to clean up, wipe up or mop up something he considered incriminating. What else do you use a towel for?

I don't think we'll get journal stuff either but i would love to read little Dougie's diary!!!

Dellen Millards jail house letters were fascinating in the Bosma trial.

I don't know. Anybody who was attending psychiatric apppintments once a week while plannning such a horrific slaughter isn't likely to suddenly be pouring out a whole lot of honesty into a notebook.
Yes I agree. Also I think he was too cunning for that. The journal/note book date will/would tell a lot. He had a real persecution complex to put it mildly.

Wasn't he staying at a motel at that point? A motel has towels. He needed a towel he could throw away, it seems. So I agree, he must have wanted to clean up, wipe up or mop up something he considered incriminating. What else do you use a towel for?

This is a long shot but he had a towel on the seat of his truck. Maybe he knew he'd be getting dirty back at the farm and wanted to keep the rental car seat clean.

Thanks JadeSleuth for all the tweets again today :)

:blowkiss:

Rereading these tweets makes me think Ross is actually trying to get the witness to state that there was indeed "significant amount of blood loss". Is it possible he's actually trying to prove the Ls and NO must have died from blood loss at the house, rather than later on at the farm, after being kidnapped and tortured? Thus minimizing the charges for which his client will be convicted?

I'd say he was unsuccessful in accomplishing anything. What you say makes sense, and that might be what he was after. I don't know that it would have made any difference either way.

Just a thought. From following cases since OJ, I've learned that once the heart stops pumping blood a person stops bleeding and the blood in the body will pool at the lowest point on the body. I think all the blood, especially in front of the garage tells LE that they were still alive outside of the home. I think that is why they have asserted that they were killed at the farm. They had to still be alive with the blood letting outside the home. As much as we hate to think about it.

I am so glad we ended with the takedown ... after the grueling prior day and a half's testimony. It was a welcome relief for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member