Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that last one...

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 21s21 seconds ago
Stopped at a fence, opened it up. Came up to another fence and couldn't get through. Got out and started to pursue #Garland on foot.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 22s22 seconds ago
Parhar and partner tried to follow #Garland in their police unit but eventually had to stop because of a fence.

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 31s31 seconds ago
Terrain not ideal, their Crown Vic "stereotypical cop car" wasn't doing so well. Got out of vehicle at fence #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 25s26 seconds ago
Waste high brush, uneven terrain, pot holes - Parhar is the only one getting info over radio (had to turn it down so #Garland couldn't hear)

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 27s28 seconds ago
Parhar said she was receiving info from the radio but had turned it down v low. "I didn't know how close we were to Mr. #Garland"

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 40s41 seconds ago
The grass and shrubbery had varying heights-waist/hip high-pot holes-- they got out of vehicle Parhar said #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 29s30 seconds ago
Parhar said when #Garland started to run - they were asked to turn on the lights and sirens on the police car.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 36s37 seconds ago
Parhar said they were told #Garland has begun running, and they were told to put on their lights and sirens in their car. #Garland #yyc

PARHAR!!! :D

This picture from yesterday makes me SO sick to my stomach.

Poor little Nathan and his Grandmother. Trying to get away from the SOB. Likely trying to hide or get to the closet.

It's beyond heartbreaking to think of it.

attachment.php

A bloody handprint with DNA from both Nathan O'Brien, 5, and his grandmother Kathy Liknes was found on a closet door about knee high from the floor. (Court exhibit )

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-murder-liknes-nathan-obrien-day-16-1.3972279

Attachments

• garland-bloody-hand-print.png
    garland-bloody-hand-print.png
    368.8 KB · Views: 209
Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Parhar tried to catch up to #Garland, "due to the level of terrain nd how uneven it was we weren't able to break into a sprint" #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Parhar was about 30 feet away from her partner as they headed in the area where #Garland was believed to be #yyc

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 40s40 seconds ago
When #Garland changed direction, so did Parhar and actually lost contact with her partner #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 48s48 seconds ago
Was then told #Garland had changed direction, so Parmar did. "To my knowledge, he did not," she says of partner changing, had lost contact.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 51s51 seconds ago
Parhar said she lost contact w her partner when she received info that #Garland had changed directions and followed that way #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 25s26 seconds ago
Waste high brush, uneven terrain, pot holes - Parhar is the only one getting info over radio (had to turn it down so #Garland couldn't hear)

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 27s28 seconds ago
Parhar said she was receiving info from the radio but had turned it down v low. "I didn't know how close we were to Mr. #Garland"

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 40s41 seconds ago
The grass and shrubbery had varying heights-waist/hip high-pot holes-- they got out of vehicle Parhar said #Garland

I know how this ends and I'm still scared reading it! Our law enforcement is so brave. Hell no would I be following a killer into a pitch black field!

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 45s45 seconds ago
Parhar said running through the field wasn't easy- "it was awful" and she worried if she ran she could break an ankle #Garland #yyc

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 59s59 seconds ago
The officer says she only had the police radio and was armed as she chased after #Garland. She was still receiving updates from the chopper.

Feel like I'm watching a mental movie right now

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 37s37 seconds ago
Parhar said she got info #Garland was crawling through a treelined area when HAWCS arrived and shone light down on area #yyc

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 42s42 seconds ago
At that point the helicopter was able to light up the area where #Garland was hiding, she said.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 47s47 seconds ago
Parhar said by now she lost her partner-field was rough terrain then "HAWC" lit up the area #Garland

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 53s53 seconds ago
Parhar continues to follow #Garland she was informed he was crawling through heavily treed area. HAWCS then lit up area with spotlight

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 31s31 seconds ago
Parhar is now watching the HAWC video, providing commentary. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 38s38 seconds ago
The Crown is now playing the HAWCS video for Parhar. #Garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 47s47 seconds ago
HAWCS video playing again in court -Parhar said the CPS helicopter lit up the area so they could see where #Garland was

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 38s39 seconds ago
Parhar: could not see #Garland before HAWCS arrived to light up the area

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
Video being played again for Parhar #Garland

I really want to see the video of his capture. Pleasssseee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 47s48 seconds ago
Parhar could not see #Garland anywhere near the treed area.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 56s57 seconds ago
Parhar says she couldn't see #Garland as she track him in pitch black rural field, but was being told of his location by HAWCS.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 54s54 seconds ago
#Garland watching the video of his arrest play again-he stops to take some notes

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
"My partner has been motivating me to go to the gym," says Parhar, in rare moment of levity in courtroom. She's small, 26 yrs old #Garland

Parhar is the BOMB. Rookie Cop, young, small, alone, in rough terrain? Holy H*ll

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 44s45 seconds ago
Absolute silence in courtroom as video showing Parhar chasing #Garland on farm in dark of night; her dad, a CPS deputy chief, in front row.

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 19s19 seconds ago
Parhar says she had her gun drawn #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 25s25 seconds ago
Parhar scouldn't see into the shrubbery where #Garland hid. "It was a very thick well of trees and shrubbery. I couldn't see anything."

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 27s27 seconds ago
Parhar said she was armed, and believed she had upholstered her weapon "radio in 1 hand, gun in the other" #Garland #yyc

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 39s39 seconds ago
Parhar says even with the 'night sun' light from HAWC, she couldn't see into the 'thick shrubbery' #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 48s48 seconds ago
On the screen you can see Parhar walking through the field-she said she was unable to see #Garland at that point even with light from HAWCS

This picture from yesterday makes me SO sick to my stomach.

Poor little Nathan and his Grandmother. Trying to get away from the SOB. Likely trying to hide or get to the closet.

It's beyond heartbreaking to think of it.

attachment.php

A bloody handprint with DNA from both Nathan O'Brien, 5, and his grandmother Kathy Liknes was found on a closet door about knee high from the floor. (Court exhibit )

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-murder-liknes-nathan-obrien-day-16-1.3972279

That pic is the worst.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Video shows Parhar turning around. "I was told my surveillance I had gone too far and walked past him so I had to go back" #Garland

HUGE THANKS to Officer Parhar and her partner for putting their lives at stake chasing this freak in a dark field.

They put their lives on the line to take this down, and thank goodness they got him - :jail: - and all came away unscathed.

Thank-you Alberta LEO! :tyou:

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 37s38 seconds ago
Parhar said at that point she held back-waited for backup- you can see CPS car arrive near Parhar on the video moments later #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 46s47 seconds ago
Parhar was still separated from her partner. She says she was tired and held back because she couldn't see her partner. #Garland #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 49s50 seconds ago
Parhar waited at the edge of the treelined for back up. Video shows she is pretty much right in front of where #Garland is hiding. #yyc

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 1m1 minute ago
Parhar told by HAWC she had gone past #Garland, told to go back.
She says she felt 'tired' "I looked around and realized I was by myself."

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Parhar: "I wasn't concerned until HAWCS asked me where my backup was, my partner--at that point I realized I was alone" #Garland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member