Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot riding on the judge's instructions. Everyone probably just wants to make sure he gets it right so nothing can be challenged after.

Absolutely, a lot of appeals are launched on just the instructions alone. Defence in particular want to make sure all options other than first degree are explained and likely spent a good part of yesterday fighting to get as many lower charge options in there as possible.

MOO

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 2m2 minutes ago
We're still waiting for Justice David Gates to appear at the #Garland trial to give his instructions to the jury.

Courtroom is open, but defense lawyers not present #Garland..

Are we sure that DG was locked up last night..

I totally forgot that we will get some "what the jury didn't hear" articles today. Prepare to be angry😡

Jade, you make the waiting easier, and your tweeting has been such a help. Thanks again for all you do here.

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
More
Lawyers in courtroom now, Douglas #Garland jury about to receive final instructions on the law from judge

I totally forgot that we will get some "what the jury didn't hear" articles today. Prepare to be angry

'Really? Oh, Buttercup, can you pass the Vit-A around ? NOW, I get butterflies... was not expecting that today.

Sorry - trying out new copy/paste methods there. Next trial I do, I'm going to create a script to pull and clean Twitter for us automatically

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 47s47 seconds ago
More
Justice Gates, jury now in the courtroom. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 31s32 seconds ago
"I am giving you these instructions to help you make your decision, not to make your decision for you" says Gates. #Garland #yyc

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 43s44 seconds ago
Justice Gates: you have heard all the evidence - it is now time for me to instruct you on the law. #garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 52s53 seconds ago
"It is now time for me to instruct you on the law," Justice Gates tells jurors. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 54s55 seconds ago
Justice Gates: "you must accept the law as I give it to you. You must consider my instructions as a whole" #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Judge Gates is addressing the jurors: It is now time to instruct you on the law, he says after saying they've heard all evidence #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 2m2 minutes ago
Justice Gates, jury now in the courtroom. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 45s45 seconds ago
"You must ignore any law you think you know, no matter the source," says Gates. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 1m1 minute ago
Gates says he's not telling them what decision to make, they must follow the law. #Garland

'Really? Oh, Buttercup, can you pass the Vit-A around ? NOW, I get butterflies... was not expecting that today.
Sure!! When you're a widow that pass that out to you like candy

~~~~sending virtual vitamin A your way~~~

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 39s40 seconds ago
"We're going to be here awhile," Gates tells jurors. #Garland

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 41s42 seconds ago
Gates: "We are going to be here for a while" - 2 parts this morning and one this afternoon #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 43s44 seconds ago
"We're going to be here awhile," will take morning and afternoon to instruct jury, says Gates. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 50s51 seconds ago
Gates says he will deliver his instructions in three parts, expected to conclude sometime after lunch. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 54s55 seconds ago
"you are the sole judges of the evidence and the facts arising from that evidence" says Gates #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 56s57 seconds ago
Instructions will be given in three parts, two this morning and one in the afternoon. #Garland #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 51s52 seconds ago
"Sympathy can have no place in your deliberation" says Gates. #Garland #yyc

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 51s52 seconds ago
Gates says the jury must ignore all public opinion, media reports, comments from others. "You must make good on your oath." #Garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Gates: “You must ignore anything you read or heard about this case outside of this court room” #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
"48 witnesses were called, 89 exhibits were tendered" Gates says of evidence

as soon as the jury is sequestered journalists can release their articles. It's up to them how quickly but it was very quick during the bosma case.
I'll bet some have them prepared already

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members