Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh snap!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 3m3 minutes ago
More
#Garland defence says there is a verdict. We should hear I'm about 20 mins. @metrocalgary

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING: Verdict has apparently been reached in the #Garland trial. Victims family members meeting in a private room outside courtroom.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Verdict expected in the next 15 minutes in the Douglas #Garland triple murder case.

Anyone else shedding tears? Good thing I am working from home today...

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 55s56 seconds ago
By my calculations, jury has been deliberating for about 8 hours. #Garland

They said about 20 mins

Thank you.

If they find DG guilty of 2nd degree murder instead of 1st for Nathan, I hope people won't be too upset. I don't think it's unreasonable that the jury would decide this but I know people here think it should be 1st degree. It could go either way. We'll see.

[video=twitter;832329731886379008]https://twitter.com/CBCBryan/status/832329731886379008[/video]

Okay, which reporter is the best tweeter? Kevin Martin?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Oh shoot - here I was going to go to bed - almost 11 pm here - staying up now!!!!!

I got the impression Global Calgary would interrupt regular programs to announce when the verdict came in. When I watched the noon news hour. I'm tuned in to Global.

While we wait... First or second degree murder is an *automatic* life sentence. The difference being first, no parole application until after serving 25 years and with second it is possible to apply for parole after 10.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadian_Criminal_Sentencing/Offences/Homicide

Punishment for murder
235. (1) Every one who commits first degree murder or second degree murder is guilty of an indictable offence and shall be sentenced to imprisonment for life.

ETA - my opinion only of course but the jury would have taken so much longer to get to a not guilty so he's gone for life...

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 58s58 seconds ago
The jury has reached a verdict in the triple murder trial of Douglas #Garland. We are waiting to get into the court room. Stand by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman