Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This never ceaees to amaze me .... sentencing so quickly after a verdict is rare here. Yes! Canada definitely rocks!

Thank you to everyone for making an unbearable case a bit more tolerable. It has been a real pleasure following along with all of you. Thank you to our tweeter-pros for all their devotion and nimble fingers.

Thank you, Canada, for serving justice where it is deserved, And bless those jurors and the family. I sincerely hope the worst of the images fade and you will remember the kind, smiling, laughing, happy ones you knew.

His parents are quite old. He might have some longevity. I hope the judge sentences him consecutively because even the thought of an octogenarian DG out in the world scares the **** out of me.

Plus he plain doesn't deserve to see the light of day again. IMO

:jail:

I am so relieved! Great job jury. This truly restores my faith in the system.

[video=twitter;832345869483548672]https://twitter.com/KMartinCourts/status/832345869483548672[/video]

This never ceaees to amaze me .... sentencing so quickly after a verdict is rare here. Yes! Canada definitely rocks!

Thank you to everyone for making an unbearable case a bit more tolerable. It has been a real pleasure following along with all of you. Thank you to our tweeter-pros for all their devotion and nimble fingers.

Thank you, Canada, for serving justice where it is deserved, And bless those jurors and the family. I sincerely hope the worst of the images fade and you will remember the kind, smiling, laughing, happy ones you knew.

It is interesting to see a sentence come down so quickly.

We have a family friend who was found guilty in a trial during the spring of 2016 in Calgary. They were supposed to do sentencing in December 2016 but it still hasn't happened.

[video=twitter;832345740118614016]https://twitter.com/CBCMeg/status/832345740118614016[/video]

Prayers for the parents of this murderer who now have to live knowing their son was responsible for this heinous act...

[video=twitter;832345869483548672]https://twitter.com/KMartinCourts/status/832345869483548672[/video]

oops ... I read the caption as awaiting post verdict SCUM and thought they wanted a photo catch of DG.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 51s51 seconds ago
Crown prosecutors will speak with the media now #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 41s41 seconds ago
Shane Parker: we wanted to see justice...The verdicts were just #Garland

[video=twitter;832348390012895233]https://twitter.com/metrocalgary/status/832348390012895233[/video]

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Parker: I think for them-family-you aren't going to get an emotion..they are numb-they've lost Alvin, Kathy and Nathan #Garland

Parker: calls this a tremendous police investigation #Garland

Parker: overwhelmed by the support by police, witnesses, the community #Garland

Crown prosecutor Shane Parker: "who knows what Nathan would have grown up to be" #Garland said of impact of this case

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 41s41 seconds ago
Parker: said court room was always packed-a reflection of how much people cared about these three victims #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 28s28 seconds ago
Parker: #Garland will spend his life in jail-question now is when he can apply for parole-options are 25, 50 or 75yrs

Hi everyone! Long time lurker finally took the plunge...

First degree - yassss!!!
May he never again see the light of day. Not an ounce of mercy, not even for an innocent and sweet little boy - absolute monster.

Thanks to all the WSers who alerted me on the verdict.

**hugs** friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members