Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perspective on deliberation time, from twitter.

Jury times other cases: Magnotta 7+ days, Bernardo 2 days, Turcotte 5 days, Boucher 11 days, Pickton 10 days, Smich/Millard 5 days #garland

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think the jurors understand the gravity of their task and are giving it the careful attention it is due.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

it is not straight forward, as we heard the judges' charge to the jury..........I only pray that there is an agreement on the jurys decision.......and not a mistrial.
there is so much to consider..........in my mind, as evidence was made available, I took it as evidence, but in their position so very much to review, and make an acceptable or not decision..............sheesh

[video=twitter;832310014140411904]https://twitter.com/CBCCalgary/status/832310014140411904[/video]

I want them to spend their time on verdict watch writing new stuff, lol

It's a little discouraging the jury is still out. In my mind they all write down on a piece of paper guilty or not guilty, it would be unanimously guilty, the end. Obviously there's a lot more to it than that. I have to believe that perhaps they are debating whether or not Nathan was first or second degree.

You shouldn't feel discouraged. As a result of one of those corporate communication style exercises, I found out that my dominant work personal style is “conscientious” and “analytical” and that others often view that personality as prone to getting “bogged down in the details” and slowing progress. If I were on the jury, though my decision is guilty on 3 counts of first degree, I would want to make sure I fulfill my duty to the utmost degree. This is the first opportunity for the jury, as a collective group, to discuss the trial and their individual thoughts, and while they very much could be in agreement, they may wish to talk it through to ensure their decision is grounded. It is a man's freedom and the responsibility is awesome. I would go through every step of those decision trees and align the evidence that supports each step and bring forth any deficiencies (I don't see any). I am confident that the jury will see it the same way.

btw, Spellbound, your tip suggesting I cut and paste to below has resolved my space between words issue. Its not ideal but it is a good workaround.

Perspective on deliberation time, from twitter.

Jury times other cases: Magnotta 7+ days, Bernardo 2 days, Turcotte 5 days, Boucher 11 days, Pickton 10 days, Smich/Millard 5 days #garland

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to add Rafferty = it was between 10-12 hours - that jury asked for clarification/direction on 3 or 4 issues...

The black SUV found abandoned in Airdrie in the early days of investigation has never been mentioned again, supposedly unrelated?

Likely one of the CPS tactical vehicles. Wasn't it pictured in tall grass beside a slough?

[video=twitter;832310014140411904]https://twitter.com/CBCCalgary/status/832310014140411904[/video]

Wow:

He testified that by the end of the first day of the investigation, investigators had compiled a list of six persons of interest. They included a local sex offender, a man who had shot Alvin Liknes's daughter years before, a former house guest of the Likneses, two disgruntled former employees of Alvin Liknes, and Douglas Garland.

Investigators were assigned to interview each person and one by one they were all eliminated as possible suspects, except for Garland.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/douglas-garland-investigation-nathan-obrien-liknes-operation-amber-lee-treit-1.3982966

Speaking of perspective....

Jury truly didn't begin until 7pm last night, after dinner break. Tweets told us that they quit for the night a bit before 9pm. Yesterday's total was less than 2 full hours.
Today, they began at 9am, presumably took coffee/bathroom break(s) and a lunch hour. It's now 1pm so realistically, they've put in what, 3 hours today?

In that time, they selected their Foreman - who knows if that's a 5 minute thing or a two hour thing? Then there is the whole settling in and figuring out where to begin.
I don't think they'd have hit any kind of stride until maybe 11 this morning? Then lunch around 12 for an hour or more.

That is not a lot of good solid focussed deliberation time. I see no cause for concern :)

All MOO
:moo:

I bet you those other suspects early on breathed a big sigh of relief when Garland was arrested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trouble is ... none of us are on the Jury.

(No disrespect to this jury at all, but) there could be people on the jury who just don't have any of Judge Gates much suggested 'common sense' - I know plenty in my real life that I'd happily donate some common sense to if I could.

I've just started following a case in Delphi,IN of 2 friends, 13 & 14, went out hiking on Monday, found murdered by the Creek the next day. As well as a thread here, there is a Facebook page been set up and someone on the FB group just suggested (and I kid you not a word of exaggeration) that 'police set up a fake funeral cause the killer often turns up at the funeral of the victims' SMH!!! These people 'could' be on a jury :(

That said (in jest in part) I'm sure, I hope, that this jury are just taking their time, getting it right.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 39s40 seconds ago
Jury in the triple-murder trial of Douglas #Garland goes into Hour Nine (including the lunch hour, where they continued their discussions.)

(but not really by my calculations, see above, MOO)

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 39s40 seconds ago
Jury in the triple-murder trial of Douglas #Garland goes into Hour Nine (including the lunch hour, where they continued their discussions.)

(but not really by my calculations, see above, MOO)

if they continued their discussions through lunch I bet they are close!

Yes that's exactly what worries me. On the exact same day as the Casey Anthony NG verdict we had the Guy Turcotte NG verdict here in Montreal. I was literally sick that night with anger and hopelessness at the double miscarriages of justice. I don't want to believe that it could happen again.
Turcotte - pure evil who killed his children to spite his wife. Fortunately there was a retrial and that pig was found guilty.

Whoever made that earlier 3:00/3:15 prediction was pretty close! (from my time zone anyway)

I wonder how long it will take them to get back to court and ready to give the verdict

VERDICT ALERT

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
More
Jury has apparently reached a verdict in the #Garland trial. Court reconvening shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placeholder25