Still Missing Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 *Guilty* *Appeal* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Garland is now guaranteed special protection and privileges for his 75 year prison sentence. If his head injury is severe enough - or if he feigns that it is more severe than it is - who knows what special treatment he's entitled to. It's unfortunate that Justice Gates did not consider the consequences of his decisions. He should have put him in protective custody.

Garland is now guaranteed special protection and privileges for his 75 year prison sentence. If his head injury is severe enough - or if he feigns that it is more severe than it is - who knows what special treatment he's entitled to. It's unfortunate that Justice Gates did not consider the consequences of his decisions. He should have put him in protective custody.

I'm not going to start blaming people before we know the whole situation and Garland is definitely getting no sympathy from me.

I just want T5 to go away. I don't want the victims to have to keep hearing his name over and over. Let them have some sort of new normalcy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Custody matters are out of Justice Gates' hands. DG is under the jurisdiction of CSC

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I think this is how it's portrayed in the movies but it's not reality. There are CCTV cameras everywhere and guards are responsible for the safety of prisoners. Laws are the same inside as out, a prisoner can be charged with assault or parole denied.

IMO it's a sick society where those who are at their lowest point are expected to apply justice or that in doing so, represent who is our heroes.
JMO

I don't think the prisoners who attacked him care about being charged. I don't want to encourage prison violence though because it puts guards at risk. With that being said i got pretty excited when i read about it. Once I have time to settle down I'm sure I will think more rationally about it.

"A Calgary man admitted on Friday to the vicious beating of a Russian national in their cell at Calgary Remand Centre just over two years ago.

Justin Brett Kyle Decoux, 23, pleaded guilty through lawyer Adriano Iovinelli to aggravated assault in an attack that left Denis Telyakov, 26, with permanent brain injuries."

September 5, 2014
http://calgaryherald.com/news/local...-beating-of-russian-national-at-remand-centre

I'm not sure the remand centre even has protective areas as its a holding type facility not their long term stop. It's also frequently over crowded. Can anyone confirm? I've never been in there, I have made good life choices haha.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.669263?client=ms-android-samsung

This link Says that even the protective custody area is so over crowded that it was 3 to a cell.

""We can't control the number of inmates that come to our door, so we just have to look for creative ways to accommodate the pressure on our facilities," she said.

One of those ways is triple bunking —putting three people into a two-person cell — which has been happening in the Calgary remand centre's protective custody area."

I'm not sure the remand centre even has protective areas as its a holding type facility not their long term stop. It's also frequently over crowded. Can anyone confirm? I've never been in there, I have made good life choices haha.

People who are awaiting trial, and those sentenced to 2 years less a day, are housed at the Spy Hill Jail. Given that it was easy to find two recent cases of prisoners were were murdered or suffered serious brain injury at that jail, I have the opinion that the guards are not doing their jobs properly. It is not their job to impose justice, but rather to protect those who have had justice imposed. I hope this results in a shake up of the guards and management of the jail, as well as charges and conviction of the four people who attacked Garland from behind (like cowards).

I wonder what the surviving members of the L family and OB family thought when they heard the news of the beating??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.669263?client=ms-android-samsung

This link Says that even the protective custody area is so over crowded that it was 3 to a cell.

""We can't control the number of inmates that come to our door, so we just have to look for creative ways to accommodate the pressure on our facilities," she said.

One of those ways is triple bunking —putting three people into a two-person cell — which has been happening in the Calgary remand centre's protective custody area."

That article is from 2007, so the new facility - that would take 3-5 years to build, must be in use today.

People who are awaiting trial, and those sentenced to 2 years less a day, are housed at the Spy Hill Jail. Given that it was easy to find two recent cases of prisoners were were murdered or suffered serious brain injury at that jail, I have the opinion that the guards are not doing their jobs properly. It is not their job to impose justice, but rather to protect those who have had justice imposed. I hope this results in a shake up of the guards and management of the jail, as well as charges and conviction of the four people who attacked Garland from behind (like cowards).
Random question, have you ever tried to stop 4 dudes from beating someone up? I promise you damage will be done even if you were on them in 1 second. That's a lot of fists n feet aiming at one target. And they are motivated. They would continue with throwing the blows even as officers try to break it up.

I have no doubt that DG is already planning a lawsuit.

Random question, have you ever tried to stop 4 dudes from beating someone up? I promise you damage will be done even if you were on them in 1 second. That's a lot of fists n feet aiming at one target. And they are motivated. They would continue with throwing the blows even as officers try to break it up.

You make a good point. It sounds like the wounds are fairly minor, which means 4 assailants must not have had much time to inflict serious damage. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That article is from 2007, so the new facility - that would take 3-5 years to build, must be in use today.
The EDMONTON facility would be open yes, which is what it's referring to. DG was at calgary remand. Doesn't mean all the pressure was removed and we've all seen the increase crime stats over the past few years. Imo the crowding would be the same as the system is always going to be 7 steps behind space needs. But again I've not been on the inside.

I think it is naive to think that DG is not going to suffer from other prisoners. He simply will. I'm willing to bet there is a shortage of staff at all prison across Canada. There will be lapses, and someone will jump him.! No amount of finger wagging will change that. More taxes will though..

A psychopath/sociopath with nothing to lose is terrifying. He's already proven to have no regard whatsoever for the law, consequences and human life. With nothing but time on his hands and vulnerable minds around him, what he could be capable of behind bars is worrisome.

Also, I think a point to notice in the article is that their protective custody cell is normally 2 people, so it's not segregation. DG would not be alone fully protected in that facility regardless.

Has it been released if he's staying in Alberta for his extended term? I know some high profile criminals ask to be sent to a difference province due to media exposure about their crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back