Still Missing Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 *Guilty* *Appeal* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We do not know why DG was beaten. I know if he came in my yard by some miracle, my reaction would be visceral...It would not be about him, but all about me... Straight emotional response, maybe the inmates reacted that way..

And if I turn on the news tomorrow and learned North Korea leader Kim Jong -un has been thrown in a meat grinder, I will open a bottle of wine.. Chin chin or cheers . Certainly would not pray for him.

That would be risky, since everyone in the family essentially knew who he was and the history. If the victims were actually alive at the farm, it would also have been a massive risk to leave them there to escape.

He also didn't linger there for hours waiting for someone to show up and then leave after JO arrived.

It has been speculated previously that he went back to try and clean up, or had left something incriminating behind.

Yes , I hope they were not alive at the acreage, yet he was not adverse to risks.. He possibly had them restraint in such a way that they were bind and gagged, or drugged.. He did not really want to linger at his doctor, i'm not sure if it was established how long his schedule appointment but he made a point of being late.. .His adrenaline level must have been sky high.. maybe it was all part of the thrill. IMO he did not go back at the house to retrieve anything.. Daylight, traffic.. I think he was reliving the experience and was eager to get to work.. I know it sounds callous but considering the inhumanity of this man... he was not able to dissociated from his victims..

Yes , I hope they were not alive at the acreage, yet he was not adverse to risks.. He possibly had them restraint in such a way that they were bind and gagged, or drugged.. He did not really want to linger at his doctor, i'm not sure if it was established how long his schedule appointment but he made a point of being late.. .His adrenaline level must have been sky high.. maybe it was all part of the thrill. IMO he did not go back at the house to retrieve anything.. Daylight, traffic.. I think he was reliving the experience and was eager to get to work.. I know it sounds callous but considering the inhumanity of this man... he was not able to dissociated from his victims..
It's hard to believe he went back to relive the experience while he was right in the thick of it. After all that planning, he had his victims right where he wanted them, so taking the time to relive what he just did rather than continue what he was doing seems a bit off.

There was likely a compelling logical reason. I don't have the time lines in front of me, but he may have simply gone to see if police were there to gauge how soon he would have to act with the disposal.

It's hard to believe he went back to relive the experience while he was right in the thick of it. After all that planning, he had his victims right where he wanted them, so taking the time to relive what he just did rather than continue what he was doing seems a bit off.

There was likely a compelling logical reason. I don't have the time lines in front of me, but he may have simply gone to see if police were there to gauge how soon he would have to act with the disposal.

f he was worried about the cops, it stand to reason that he would drive by the house just before leaving Calgary...not an hour before... As you say there could have been a logical explanation but when you are dead inside your actions defy reality..
Not that it matter that much... I'm just poking around.

f he was worried about the cops, it stand to reason that he would drive by the house just before leaving Calgary...not an hour before... As you say there could have been a logical explanation but when you are dead inside your actions defy reality..
Not that it matter that much... I'm just poking around.
I wouldn't classify him as dead inside. He knew he was going to be emotional and essentially trained himself to try not to be.

He was meticulous, planned with purpose, and acted with purpose. He was fully aware of what he was doing and the steps it took to accomplish it.

He just wasn't very worldly, or modern, for lack of a better term. He didn't bother to scan the neighborhood for CCTV, and wasn't aware the store he bought things from was recording video. He drove a highly recognizable truck with a truck bed light shining on the bodies. He obviously had no clue on the reality of the mess clubbing someone can create. It's not all clean and neat knock outs a la MacGyver.

It doesn't appear he took any pictures or kept any trophies, so reliving the event in that way didn't seem to be a priority for him. Going back most likely had a logical purpose, much like the rest of his behaviours.

I wouldn't classify him as dead inside. He knew he was going to be emotional and essentially trained himself to try not to be.

He was meticulous, planned with purpose, and acted with purpose. He was fully aware of what he was doing and the steps it took to accomplish it.

He just wasn't very worldly, or modern, for lack of a better term. He didn't bother to scan the neighborhood for CCTV, and wasn't aware the store he bought things from was recording video. He drove a highly recognizable truck with a truck bed light shining on the bodies. He obviously had no clue on the reality of the mess clubbing someone can create. It's not all clean and neat knock outs a la MacGyver.

It doesn't appear he took any pictures or kept any trophies, so reliving the event in that way didn't seem to be a priority for him. Going back most likely had a logical purpose, much like the rest of his behaviours.

If you can't have any pity on a 5 year old you are dead inside your "heart", no feelings. That does not mean he had a low IQ. He just can't see someone else perspective. It did not bother him when he heard Jennifer begging, he may have felt something but only in term of his own gratification.

I don't think he was able to cut the thread, he wanted to stay immerse in his fantasy.. He could have gone anywhere close to his doctor's practice, have coffee, anything... sit in his truck.. but he had to go have a look. I'm not sure why but I don't think it was to retrieve anything, he left no trace.. And the cops would have show up soon or later..

Not too many days before the defense can fill an appeal... I I do not remember exactly when the deadline was..

If you can't have any pity on a 5 year old you are dead inside your "heart", no feelings. That does not mean he had a low IQ. He just can't see someone else perspective. It did not bother him when he heard Jennifer begging, he may have felt something but only in term of his own gratification.

I don't think he was able to cut the thread, he wanted to stay immerse in his fantasy.. He could have gone anywhere close to his doctor's practice, have coffee, anything... sit in his truck.. but he had to go have a look. I'm not sure why but I don't think it was to retrieve anything, he left no trace.. And the cops would have show up soon or later..

Not too many days before the defense can fill an appeal... I I do not remember exactly when the deadline was..

If he sees the police there, then it's time to run home to start the disposal and skip the doctor. It could be that simple, that logical.

His lack of remorse is simply consistent with the motive, 5 year old or not. Revenge. He included KL in the planning, and likely knew the rest of the family would be traumatized by their disappearance. His anger likely extended to the rest of the family and anyone else he felt may have profited or benefitted from HIS work, or were allied with AL.

He feels just as self righteous as those who want him beaten in prison.

He feels just as self righteous as anyone reading this who has cut someone off in their car as revenge for cutting you off, or driving too slow in your lane. He just decided to make it more punishing and more final.

There were a lot of feelings involved in this.

Wow. He won't be serving much of his sentence if this keeps happening. Wonder how hurt he is. Sounds more serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he had a cell mate. I was thinking he would be alone at least for abit. I really hope the prison didn't have anything to do with this. As in turning a blind eye. JMO.
I don't care what happens to the monster.

So he had a cell mate. I was thinking he would be alone at least for abit. I really hope the prison didn't have anything to do with this. As in turning a blind eye. JMO.

Not that I want to protect DG because I DON'T, however, I am surprised that he has a cellmate and that this has happened AGAIN. You would think that since he was beaten up at the Remand Center they would be taking special precautions this time but I guess not.

I actually thought he would be segregated and in protective custody.

I can't see any shared cell arrangement going well for either DG or his cellmate. Oh Well....such is the life of a convicted 3X murderer.

Not that I want to protect DG because I DON'T, however, I am surprised that he has a cellmate and that this has happened AGAIN. You would think that since he was beaten up at the Remand Center they would be taking special precautions this time but I guess not.

I actually thought he would be segregated and in protective custody.

I can't see any shared cell arrangement going well for either DG or his cellmate. Oh Well....such is the life of a convicted 3X murderer.

Could be his arrogance that landed him in trouble with his cell mate

I must of missed the part about DG having a cell mate .Where did that come from if you do not mind me asking?

Could be his arrogance that landed him in trouble with his cell mate

Absolutely it could be a straight up altercation with his cellmate.

Frankly, I'm shocked that he has a cellmate. They may even have to move him out of Alberta.

I'm just assuming he had a cell mate if found unresponsive in his cell. I guess he could have been assaulted elsewhere and went into his cell but again wouldn't he be in some sort of seg?

“Convicted or not, he’s entitled to protection and basic human rights. Even if he didn’t show that to his victims,” said Balfour Der, who added some of his own clients have also been attacked at the jail and at other facilities.

How ironic would it be if the guy that laid the beating on ole' Balfy, was some dude that this lawyer failed to get a not guilty verdict on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back