Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hesitate to say it, but, Kathryn's Internet presence is almost spammy.

There are so many companies, phone numbers, addresses and locations associated with her without 'real' substance, and so many domain names associated, that any other time, I would judge as a fraudster.

Alvin does NOT have the same Internet presence, and seems to have established himself solidly in the oil and gas sector, which, as has been mentioned, is absolutely through the moon with the Oilsands developments in AB currently.

Just trying to shed some possible angles for motive. After the horrific Timothy Bosma Kijiji murder in Ontario last year, and the ever present memory of Lyle and Marie McCann, still missing and presumed murdered from Alberta, and the horrific murder of Lyndsay Buziak in Victoria that remains unsolved, it is easy to run many scenarios in my mind.

REALLY hoping for a positive outcome here. :please:

BBM: I imagine when you are in business for yourself, marketing yourself is your bread and butter. I think in this day and age with everyone online all the time, you have to make yourself a presence.

Thank you wondergirl!

Looks like the house can be approached - and exited - easily from the back.

And you could most definitely tell, if you were standing in that park, exactly which house this child and grandfather went into. The back fence also looks low and I noticed sliding doors access the backyard. I know LE is saying there was evidence they did not leave of their own free will but has there been anything said about forced entry?

Global News Calgary at Noon
Neighbour saying they had a house in the USA as well as one in Edmonton that they could move to not sure where they were planning on going
Neighbours heard Grandpa playing with Nathan in the backyard on Sunday afternoon

I hesitate to say it, but, Kathryn's Internet presence is almost spammy.

There are so many companies, phone numbers, addresses and locations associated with her without 'real' substance, and so many domain names associated, that any other time, I would judge as a fraudster.

Alvin does NOT have the same Internet presence, and seems to have established himself solidly in the oil and gas sector, which, as has been mentioned, is absolutely through the moon with the Oilsands developments in AB currently.

Just trying to shed some possible angles for motive. After the horrific Timothy Bosma Kijiji murder in Ontario last year, and the ever present memory of Lyle and Marie McCann, still missing and presumed murdered from Alberta, and the horrific murder of Lyndsay Buziak in Victoria that remains unsolved, it is easy to run many scenarios in my mind.

REALLY hoping for a positive outcome here. :please:

It certainly has that feel too it ... with all the different business ventures. I wonder if someone was unhappy with one of those business deals. That is, was money ever collected and services not delivered?

Since the Amber Alert was issued, police have received numerous calls. Investigators are now working through those, but at this time there does not appear to be any significant leads.

The Forensic Crime Scene Unit returned to the residence on Tuesday to continue the search for any clues that would explain the disappearance.

Officers have also conducted neighbourhood interviews, a grid search of the vicinity and interviewed numerous family members and associates of the family.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1425164/5-year-old-grandparents-disappear-from-southwest-calgary-home/

Neighbour Lindsay Bumanis stopped by the sale several times on Friday afternoon, as pink estate sale signs throughout Parkhill and an online Kijiji ad instructed.

Just about everything in the residence was for sale, she said.

“I chatted with the owners....the wife was really chatty and friendly and she said she was selling everything and they were moving to Mexico.”

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Relative+even+fathom+disappearance+Calgary+couple+their/9989542/story.html

Global News Calgary at Noon
Neighbour saying they had a house in the USA as well as one in Edmonton that they could move to not sure where they were planning on going
Neighbours heard Grandpa playing with Nathan in the backyard on Sunday afternoon

And back we go to this 10pm sleepover drop off time. It just doesn't leave a lot of time for playing outside, especially on the cool, dreary, windy evening it was.

But "Sunday afternoon" definitely does not = 10pm or later.

It just isn't adding up for me.

JMO

Nathan O’Brien’s grandparents were selling nearly everything in their home and telling neighbours they were leaving Canada in the days before the couple suspiciously disappeared, along with the five-year-old boy.

On the weekend, others had been filing in and out of the Liknes home and garage — estate sale shoppers.

Neighbour Lindsay Bumanis stopped by the sale several times on Friday afternoon, as pink estate sale signs throughout Parkhill and an online Kijiji ad instructed.

Just about everything in the residence was for sale, she said.

“I chatted with the owners....the wife was really chatty and friendly and she said she was selling everything and they were moving to Mexico.”

Bumanis said the homeowner said it felt great to downsize. “Every room was set up to sell. They had tables of stuff everywhere.... Couches were for sale, tables, just everything,” she said.

Cliff Liknes had no doubt his brother Alvin had not abducted the grandchild.

“He loved the child to death,” he said.

“That’s his boy. There’s something not right here and we don’t know (what it is).

“I sure hope they find the little guy and my brother and his wife.”

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...rance+Calgary+couple+their/9989542/story.html

And back we go to this 10pm sleepover drop off time. It just doesn't leave a lot of time for playing outside, especially on the cool, dreary, windy evening it was.

Very true. I wonder if Nathan was there on Sunday afternoon and then went home with Mom to get his sleepover stuff and was back at 10pm. Spending a whole day of fun and adventure with grandpa Nathan may have asked to stay over rather than go home JMO

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but I've also noticed that comments have been disabled for one of the newspaper articles and are no longer appearing for another.

Also, is it just me - I'm always taken aback when neighbours (potential witnesses I'd imagine) so freely give their full names to the media.

BBM: I imagine when you are in business for yourself, marketing yourself is your bread and butter. I think in this day and age with everyone online all the time, you have to make yourself a presence.

Not to mention that, in addition to being a realtor, her other business was website design and marketing .. that certainly doesn't limit itself to any specific type of business.

That tells us that the grandchild was at the house during the estate sale on Sunday. I'm inclined to think that he was there during the afternoon along with his mom, and that she left at 10PM ... meaning she left him there at that time. It's also been said that she dropped him off at that time, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. Most 5 year olds are in bed at 10PM, not being dropped off for a sleepover.

Very true. I wonder if Nathan was there on Sunday afternoon and then went home with Mom to get his sleepover stuff and was back at 10pm. Spending a whole day of fun and adventure with grandpa Nathan may have asked to stay over rather than go home JMO

This happened with my cousins and I all the time as a child. After spending the day at Grandma and Grandpa's we would beg to spend the night. Mom would cart us home for a dinner (depending what time it was) and bath and pajamas, etc. then bring us back later to drop off to spend the night.

I can see something like that happening in this case, as we have heard both that Nathan was at the grandparents' home Sunday afternoon (likely his parents were assisting with the sale), and also that he was dropped off for a sleepover at 10PM.

The best way to tell, IMO, would be to know how far from the grandparents' home Nathan lives with his parents. If it is further than about 25 minutes away, I would be surprised if his mother carted him back and forth that evening.

JMO

Yes, Weebles, oh my that has to be it! And perhaps this neighbour who witnessed Alvin and Nathan in the backyard was actually at the house attending the sale. Friendly, chatty Kathryn inside selling while grandpa played with Nathan within view/earshot in the backyard.

That tells us that the grandchild was at the house during the estate sale on Sunday. I'm inclined to think that he was there during the afternoon along with his mom, and that she left at 10PM ... meaning she left him there at that time. It's also been said that she dropped him off at that time, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. Most 5 year olds are in bed at 10PM, not being dropped off for a sleepover.

If that were the case, I wonder where his other 2 brothers were...

With the estate sale, it will be impossible to use fingerprint evidence in the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214