Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am beginning to fear that Kathryn's ability to market, may have attracted a nefarious person or two, with her 'ESTATE Sale' signs, etc.

Evil lurks

Well his 2 brothers (1 younger, one older) could have easily been with their Dad.

Yes, I understand. However, having multiple young children myself, it is rare for them not to be at grandma and grandpa's house together, especially for what is sounding like possibly much of the day and into the night. It just made me wonder, since it hasn't been stated.

Amber Alert Update - LIVE - at 3 P.M. EST

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=68597

ETA - I will transcribe as best I can for those unable to listen

Is it on TV or only online? If on TV too (which IMO it should be, to get the greatest coverage/awarness as many people don't have internet or use it very sporadically)........I'm on channel 2 (CTVNC / CTV News Today as per Shaw Calgary programming). ?

-evidence found in the home indicate that it may be suspicious

-investigators from several units are involved in the search

-forensics returned to the crime scene this morning

-amber alert is still in effect

-neighbourhood inquiries, grid search and interviews with many

-trying to determine if the sale had anything to do with them missing and LE want to talk with anyone who attended the sale

LE takes questions from reporters

-Nathan was dropped off Sunday night with the mother's parents

-Doesn't know if grandparents were maternal though. -----they are

-Last time there was contact with the grandparents

-Explain if there any connections with the grandparents being suspects. LE says no

-no comment on if there was any blood at scene

-no comment on evidence at scene

====This LE does not know as much as we do from the reporting. More going on here. MOO. Feed breaking up. Basically getting info out about the estate sale attendees. More questions, will have to listen to replay, bad feed.

With the estate sale, it will be impossible to use fingerprint evidence in the investigation.

Plus an open house to the public, a perp would be able to case the whole house, knowing where bedrooms, doors, windows, etc were.

FROM PRESSER -

- We don't have a mode of transportation, so, we don't know how they left the residence

- There was enough criteria met to issue amber alert

-Doesn't know how far the search has expanded

-This situation is very unusual

Not good

BrejSOECYAAyiGT.jpg:large

Marks can be seen on walkway leading from side door to the driveway of house where 3 people missing #yyc #amberalert

https://twitter.com/SunDaveDormer/status/484035018604310529/photo/1

IMO, it isn't that odd for Nathan to be the only child of three boys to have stayed with the grandparents on Sunday night. Depending on the grandparents personalities and energy level, having all the kids spend the night together may be a bit overwhelming or tiring. Additionally, I remember as a child that having your siblings spend the night with you seemed to take some of the fun out! Getting to be 'special' and stay the night there without your siblings meant you got all the attention for yourself. Perhaps the other boys simply don't have that same connection with the grandparents-- truthfully, different kids connect differently to their grandparents (at least, I see this in kids within my own family). Lastly, I wouldn't be surprised if the older brother was busy with his own plans such as summer camp early the next morning, a sleepover planned at a friend's house, etc.

I would love a more detailed explanation about why the brothers weren't there, but then again I really don't find it odd.

Drag marks spotted at scene where Calgary grandparents and young boy went missing

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/07/0...lgary-grandparents-and-young-boy-went-missing

That's interesting. That would suggest that someone was mortally injured at the house, which would explain why the medical examiner was at the scene (blood evidence). Now the question is: who would want to remove bodies from a crime scene? Since some reports state that the child is with his grandfather, does that mean that the evidence relates to the grandmother?

If the drag marks lead to the driveway.... how odd.

The homes on the street are really close together. The sound of car doors opening and shutting is hard to quiet and easy to recognize when you live on a street with close-quarters. It's not an alarming noise, but hearing car doors opening and shutting or a car engine starting in my older neighbors driveway in the middle of the night would cause me to peer out the window and see what was going on. Perhaps everyone on the street was sleeping soundly.

Did the grandparents not have a security system in their home? Obviously it did not go off and summon police. But detailed information can be obtained from the security company such as when it was armed and disarmed, etc. That could be helpful (if they do have one).

IMO, it isn't that odd for Nathan to be the only child of three boys to have stayed with the grandparents on Sunday night. Depending on the grandparents personalities and energy level, having all the kids spend the night together may be a bit overwhelming or tiring. Additionally, I remember as a child that having your siblings spend the night with you seemed to take some of the fun out! Getting to be 'special' and stay the night there without your siblings meant you got all the attention for yourself. Perhaps the other boys simply don't have that same connection with the grandparents-- truthfully, different kids connect differently to their grandparents (at least, I see this in kids within my own family). Lastly, I wouldn't be surprised if the older brother was busy with his own plans such as summer camp early the next morning, a sleepover planned at a friend's house, etc.

I would love a more detailed explanation about why the brothers weren't there, but then again I really don't find it odd.

I was thinking the same thing... I know my grandparents couldnt handle all of us at once. :blushing:

That's interesting. That would suggest that someone was mortally injured at the house, which would explain why the medical examiner was at the scene (blood evidence). Now the question is: who would want to remove bodies from a crime scene? Since some reports state that the child is with his grandfather, does that mean that the evidence relates to the grandmother?

That is what I have been dreading. Ever since we noticed the strange wording stating Nathan may be with the grandfather (and no mention of the grandmother).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties