Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan O'Brien

Alvin Liknes and Kathryn Liknes, grandparents

Nathan O’Brien, 5, is described as:
Caucasian
About 91 cm or 3’ tall
Blond, curly hair
Blue eyes
Last seen wearing peach-coloured shorts and a striped blue hoodie

Alvin Cecil Liknes, 66, is described as:
Caucasian
182 cm or 6’ tall
90 Kg or 200 pounds
Slim build
Grey/blond hair.

Kathryn Faye Liknes, 53, is described as
Caucasian
160 cm or 5’3” tall,
54 kg or 120 pounds
Red/brown hair
Green eyes

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/amber-ale...year-old-from-calgary-1.1893711#ixzz36Aa8pPQK

Anyone with information can call the Calgary Police Service at 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

BUMPING for these folks

The mother last saw her son at her mother's house at 10PM. That's the last point on the timeline. He was not dropped off at 10PM. That has not been reported. The last known contact between the mother and her son was Sunday night at 10PM. Her son perhaps fell asleep after the estate sale and mom left at 10 with a promise to collect him at 10AM.

Actually it was reported in the very first article linked in post #1 of this thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CANADA Canada - AMBER ALERT: Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014

Brookwell says the three were last seen at 10:00 p.m. Sunday when the mother dropped off her son for a sleep over.

Read more: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/amber-ale...year-old-from-calgary-1.1893711#ixzz36EBF83cs

Where is their 'adorable pup' now?

$_35.JPG

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-wedding-serv...upcakes-flowers-chocolates-must-see/605625318

Well shoot, I was hoping I'd wake up to see found safe in front of Nathan's name. :(

Yesterday I showed the kijiji ads to my husband (he loves kijiji and buys or sells once a week -maybe not anymore though). I just flashed him the photo and said, "Who lives here?" and he answered immediately with "older people." I'm going to go back to my original train of thought here for a bit - that someone attended the estate sale (hubby also said, "Strange - you have an estate sale after someone has died, not before"), cased the place out, and returned in the night to commit a robbery or kidnapping, only to find an additional person at the house (our sweet Nathan).

THIS! My MIL lives across the street from a woman who passed in January. Life long neighbors, MIL grew up in the house next door and built on family property. Family had a company handle an estate sale all weekend as the house is ready to go on the market. Family or realtor (not sure) went to house yesterday morning and all the copper pipes were ripped out of the house with water everywhere. Lovely home, built in the 50's is destroyed! Police said it happens all the time and estate sales should be held off premises to prevent such crimes.

Kathryn was HEAVILY involved in Internet marketing, website and search engine optimization stuff.

A search of her phone number, brings up every category of business for a website known to mankind.

It appears by the kijiji ad and also the websearch on her phone number, that she was building generic templates for businesses, and then trying to sell them or something.

Moving Company Website For Sale -

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-moving-storage/calgary/moving-company-website-for-sale/604447700

403-607-7171 phone number search -

https://www.google.ca/search?q=403-...hrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

Another company linked to Alvin.

Winter Petroleum Ltd.

On this page you will find important information about Winter Petroleum Ltd. based in 700 6 Ave Sw #1700, Calgary, Alberta T2P 0T8, Canada, like the address, contact person and details, as well as the email address and home page, or other specifics.

COMPANY NAME:
Winter Petroleum Ltd.

HideLOCATION ADDRESS
LOCATION STREET:
700 6 Ave Sw #1700
LOCATION CITY:
Calgary
LOCATION ZIP:
T2P 0T8
COUNTY:
Alberta
STATE:
Canada
mining, oil and gas extraction, crude petroleum and natural gas

CONTACT PERSON
CONTACT NAME:

Alvin Liknes

CONTACT ROLE:
Manager

http://www.transportservices.info/company-winter-petroleum-ltd-in-calgary-46760

Wonder if there might be an upcoming ransom demand with perp(s) expecting that the various companies the couple are involved with will come up with the money.

Bad bad vibes on this case but IMO at this point, a ransom demand would be welcomed.

Are there street lights on their street? Was anyone outside on porches or backyards enjoying the weather? Any tire screeching, etc?

Housing sales are through the roof in Alberta right now. Alberta is booming, lots of money to be made so house prices are high. Even rentals are high and in high demand.

Agreed. I just came to post about this very thing. The market in Calgary is going bonkers right now. Big asking prices, bidding wars, houses selling before hitting mls, etc. It's getting crazy (and a little scary) again. It's this current market condition that makes me believe that someone would sell their home without a solid plan for what to do next. Mexico? Northern Alberta? We'll figure it out later. You get this panicky feeling like you're sitting on a gold mine and you should sell ASAP and make a plan for where to live later.

It seems odd that someone would come in and take a family, however after the McStay family I am scared for this family.

I really hope the outcome here is different.

They sure are and the neighborhood isn't as affluent-looking as I had pictured.

Trust me this is a very expensive area close to downtown. The property in Calgary is worth a lot of $$$. The houses you see are average compared to what is in that area but I am thinking that house is worth more than $600,000.00 easily. Average Calgary home price last I saw on Global News was $530,000.00

So, are the recycling bins all put in one spot for the neighborhood, because it was pick-up day?

How close to their house are these bins?

Do drifters search the bins for cans to take back for money?

54da0022-d198-47bb-9e6f-69c4d1b38522_500.jpg

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/06/30/calgary-police-search-for-missing-boy-and-his-grandparents

Definitely people going through recycling bins for cans as I said before close to down town. Also the C Train runs from downtown up close to this neighborhood so it is easy really for anyone to get from downtown to this area...a lot of times you see them getting tickets for not having paid their fare.

Are there street lights on their street? Was anyone outside on porches or backyards enjoying the weather? Any tire screeching, etc?

It was a cool day (12 degrees Celcius) with overcast skies. It drizzled all through the dinner hour/early evening and then the wind picked up like crazy. It seemed dark earlier than usual (due to cloud cover) and the howling wind (40km/hr or so) made it very unlikely to be an evening to sit outside.

We are cooped up here all winter and I jump at the chance to have the windows and doors open in the spring/summer. Sunday was the first night in awhile that the kids insisted on having the patio doors closed during dinner and then the whipping wind made me close all the upstairs windows at bedtime and turn the bathroom fans on (the wind was flapping the vents so loudly).

What is the motive for this crime?

-Nathan - abducted by a stranger, with the Liknes' as an inconvenience or caught the perp or perps in the act?

-Liknes - targeted for their wealth and/or business relationships, with Nathan an inconvenience?

-Robbery gone astray, so the perp or perps took the witnesses?

There MUST be a vehicle involved. Most certainly at least 1 weapon and 1 person, and likely more than that.

Was the sleepover a last minute plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member