Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps something was done in the garage and the perp(s) used large garage door to exit with them. Still astounding to me that nobody heard anything, or saw anything.......or was woken up in the night by "something" that they maybe can't figure out.

Surely to God a K-9 unit/tracking dogs should be able to determine something?....but maybe that's not so easy given that this was their home, their scent could be picked up everywhere from just their usual comings and goings, walk to tennis courts/park behind the home, etc.

I wonder if it's pertinent, the fact that there seems to be various reports of "where" they told neighbors they'd be relocating to.........the U.S, northern AB, Mexico. That's quite a variety.

How quickly did they sell their home I wonder? Were they planning for some time (months?) to sell and move away or was it more of an impulsive decision? Could they have been running from someone?.....though seems unlikely given that they had a rather publicly advertised estate sale.

My feeling is that the poor little boy just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe if this was planned, perps had no idea of the seemingly last minute decision for little boy to spend the night?

Did perp(s) hide out somewhere in the house after having been there at the sale.........lying in wait, so to speak?

With the estate sale, it might be very difficult to track the missing persons. Also, the family was in and out of the house, at the park, in the back yard and all over the place that weekend. I think a dog might end up running in circles.

I'm curious about whether the house was already sold.

That green house is SO close. Wonder if the residents were out of town?

I was thinking that too. It would be almost impossible to be oblivious to a commotion between the two houses unless someone was out of town, or perhaps involved. I'm also surprised that a house could be built right up to the property line.

Would someone be so kind to alert me if anything breaks? RL calls. TIA

Given the location of the blood in relation to the balcony on the second floor, I wonder if someone went over the railing.

This looks horrible. That is blood. No wonder the ME was there.

I was thinking that it looked like someone was attacked at that location.

Given the family truck was parked on the other side of the drive, it's possible a vehicle was pulled up beside it and a body loaded in.

I pushed the red saturation on the photo ...

Yikes. Does the red saturation that is not visible in the regular picture, indicate areas that have been cleaned up, do you think?

Thanks, Otto

Given the location of the blood in relation to the balcony on the second floor, I wonder if someone went over the railing.

Heck, that's a good thought.

I also wonder where evidence markers 1 to14 are?

But that begs the question .. how could AL accomplish leaving, given all cars accounted for?

google maps shows that there's an Enterprise Rental Car location about a 6 min walk (2 min drive) from the house @ 4115 Macleod Trail SW, Calgary, AB T2S 2P4, Canada.

Edited to add: also a Hertz location 5 min walk @ 4101 Macleod Trail SW, Calgary, AB T2G 2R6, Canada.

The photo of the garbage bins was taken here, at the back of this multicomplex building. It is at the end of the block, and at the start of the alley that runs between the house and the park.

Yikes. Does the red saturation that is not visible in the regular picture, indicate areas that have been cleaned up, do you think?

Thanks, Otto

I don't know. It could be that the blood appears much darker because it is dried, but by pushing the red saturation, it has more of a fresh blood colour.

Oh my, someone small. A terrible accident covered up? Could the estate sale, business dealings and moving plans be completely unrelated?

The photo of the garbage bins was taken here, at the back of this multicomplex building. It is at the end of the block, and at the start of the alley that runs between the house and the park.

OK, that makes sense. It does not look like LE had purposely grouped them then. There are just a lot of bins out in a small area when you have multi-family dwellings.

Oh my, someone small. A terrible accident covered up? Could the estate sale, business dealings and moving plans be completely unrelated?

Hm, IDK. Accidents happen. It would have been horrific if your grandson fell off of a balcony and died. However, it's just as horrific and only multiplies the problem if you abscond with the body (of course, people don't always act logically in stressful situations). I just don't know. I also think there is a reason that there is an Amber Alert for Nathan, coupled with the description of AL and no mention of grandma. If there is evidence that someone has been killed or hurt, I believe it is grandma.

Grandma had such a big online presence. There's got to be a goldmine of information on the computers in that house (and iPhones if they have them). A lot of information about the couple's business associates, any family rifts, feeling threatened, considering absconding or moving to another location, etc....

I am sure LE is looking into that information, but it can take some time.

I can visualize a balcony accident and Gpa losing it on Gma, and running with the child he "loved to death", but I can't see all family vehicles being left behind while going to get a rental vehicle. (Mind you, there's only 1 family vehicle in the drive ... maybe another in the garage??)

Plus, LE said to the effect that indications were that the family didn't leave of their own volition.

Here's the house in relation to surrounding areas ... river, park, commercial areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member