Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can visualize a balcony accident and Gpa losing it on Gma, and running with the child he "loved to death", but I can't see all family vehicles being left behind while going to get a rental vehicle. (Mind you, there's only 1 family vehicle in the drive ... maybe another in the garage??)

Plus, LE said to the effect that indications were that the family didn't leave of their own volition.

BBM

Brainstorming about what could lead LE to say they likely did not leave of their own volition (aside from forensic evidence like blood). There could be a million things but some ideas are:

A faucet was left running
Phone left off the hook
The phone line was cut (we think it was odd the brother came over after no answer on the phone... maybe the phone did not even ring)
fresh food left out/half eaten
stove or oven left on
shower left running

Could be so many things. Additionally, forensic indications such as the drag marks, any blood residue, etc.

Not sure if this was already posted, another business lists Alvin as director - business is in Panama:

http://ohuiginn.net/panama/company/id/542288

Can't find out anything on it though. When you click on "full details" something comes up but it blinks and then shows access denied.

Hm, IDK. Accidents happen. It would have been horrific if your grandson fell off of a balcony and died. However, it's just as horrific and only multiplies the problem if you abscond with the body (of course, people don't always act logically in stressful situations). I just don't know. I also think there is a reason that there is an Amber Alert for Nathan, coupled with the description of AL and no mention of grandma. If there is evidence that someone has been killed or hurt, I believe it is grandma.

Sorry I'm very confused by several comments here, including yours, re: the original Amber Alert and allegedly no mention of Grandma. When I first heard about this case yesterday, mid-day, it mentioned Grandma's name, height/weight, hair color..............and included her pic (as well as Grandpa's and Nathan's). Where is this allegation coming from, and resulting assumption that there was a reason initial reports didn't mention Grandma? I totally disagree and I live locally. It would very unfortunate for people here to be spreading incorrect info/assumptions, thereby indirectly implying that there may or may not be a reason she was not mentioned. I first heard about this mid day yesterday when I received a Alert on my iphone, from Global News (breaking story)...re: Amber Alert for Nathan and his missing grandparents..........BOTH grandparents.

Not good

BrejSOECYAAyiGT.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SunDaveDormer/status/484035018604310529/photo/1

Thisis what I meant: it shows clearly the drag marks go round the corner to the back of the house, imo.

That's why LE was searching the bins on the curb behind the house.

Sorry I'm very confused by several comments here, including yours, re: the original Amber Alert and allegedly no mention of Grandma. When I first heard about this case yesterday, mid-day, it mentioned Grandma's name, height/weight, hair color..............and included her pic (as well as Grandpa's and Nathan's). Where is this allegation coming from, and resulting assumption that there was a reason initial reports didn't mention? I totally disagree and I live locally. It would very unfortunate for people here to be spreading incorrect info/assumptions, thereby indirectly implying there may or may not be a reason she was not mentioned. I first heard about this mid day yesterday when I received a Alert on my iphone, from Global News (breaking story)...re: Amber Alert for Nathan and his missing grandparents.

Hopefully someone can link me, but I'll try to dig it up. A poster upthread posted a link to a more recent release stating "Nathan may be with his grandfather _____" followed by a description of the grandfather. No mention of the grandmother in that statement, as far as I am aware.

I am certainly not arguing with you regarding what was originally released early Monday.

I will go try to dig up that link....

Sorry I'm very confused by several comments here, including yours, re: the original Amber Alert and allegedly no mention of Grandma. When I first heard about this case yesterday, mid-day, it mentioned Grandma's name, height/weight, hair color..............and included her pic (as well as Grandpa's and Nathan's). Where is this allegation coming from, and resulting assumption that there was a reason initial reports didn't mention? I totally disagree and I live locally. It would very unfortunate for people here to be spreading incorrect info/assumptions, thereby indirectly implying there may or may not be a reason she was not mentioned. I first heard about this mid day yesterday when I received a Alert on my iphone, from Global News (breaking story)...re: Amber Alert for Nathan and his missing grandparents.

http://emergencyalert.alberta.ca/alerts/2014/07/2570.html

See the above link. It does mention a description of Nathan's grandmother (who is a missing person as well, of course), but specifically mentions that Nathan "May be with his grandfather." I believe it is intentional that it does not say 'may be with his grandparents.'

The wording is saying a lot, in my opinion. YMMV.

Jim Wells @SUNjimwells
@calgarypolice homicide Detectives just did a brief visit to the #AmberAlert residence in SW #yyc..chatted w/ Forensics
8 minutes ago

Thisis what I meant: it shows clearly the drag marks go round the corner to the back of the house, imo.

That's why LE was searching the bins on the curb behind the house.
<bbm>

I don't agree or disagree Elainera ... we obviously can't see beyond what the pic shows .. could also have been dragged from around the corner and left lie by the garage door where the blood appears to have pooled somewhat. IMO, it's hard for us to tell either way.

Three evidence tags can be seen next to what appears to be drag marks on the walkway of a home where three people were reported missing Monday.

Running about eight metres from a side door to the driveway, the marks look like dark liquid that was recently cleaned up.

Jim Wells @SUNjimwells
@calgarypolice homicide Detectives just did a brief visit to the #AmberAlert residence in SW #yyc..chatted w/ Forensics
8 minutes ago

Ugh, I hope we get some answers soon.

I was thinking that too. It would be almost impossible to be oblivious to a commotion between the two houses unless someone was out of town, or perhaps involved. I'm also surprised that a house could be built right up to the property line.

Houses are this close everywhere here...sigh. This is the norm here.

What's that thing at the bottom left of the front steps that looks like a big concrete block? Appears to be just a'hangin' there, out of place.

Never mind ... whatever it is, it was there in a google streetview pic in 2012

I was thinking that too. It would be almost impossible to be oblivious to a commotion between the two houses unless someone was out of town, or perhaps involved. I'm also surprised that a house could be built right up to the property line.

Unless they were blitzed while sleeping, or hold a gun to a child's head and tell gpas not to make a sound or else.

This case is sending shivers down my spine, it seems really creepy to me.

I know. :-( I was very anxious last night about checking doors and windows. This morning we were cleaning out some backyard stuff and my husband says, "We'll just throw this on kijiji" and I was like OH NO WE WON'T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214