Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshots of the forensic investigators, showing side entrance, front entrance and front window being examined thoroughly.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...+mystery+their+hands+VIDEO/9989542/story.html

Attachments

• side-door-capture-1-liknes.jpg
    side-door-capture-1-liknes.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 310
  • side-door-capture-2-liknes.jpg
    side-door-capture-2-liknes.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 303
  • front-door-liknes-forensics.jpg
    front-door-liknes-forensics.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 557
  • forensics-flashlight-front-window-liknes.jpg
    forensics-flashlight-front-window-liknes.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 302
Nathan's mom and dad were married 5 yrs ago in 2009. Nathan is 5 and the older boy is 6.

Just putting it out there ... wondering if the oldest boy is from another relationship and there's an unhappy ex in the picture (i.e. you took my son away, i'll take yours)?

I was surprised to realize that Nathan's step-brother is only 6 yrs old. It is possible that his mother has custody, and Nathan's father has visitation rights. Although LE have stated that there are no custody issues in the family, the close ages of these two boys could suggest an unhappy ex.

Nathan's mom and dad were married 5 yrs ago in 2009. Nathan is 5 and the older boy is 6.

Just putting it out there ... wondering if the oldest boy is from another relationship and there's an unhappy ex in the picture (i.e. you took my son away, i'll take yours)?

I didn't think they were just from the few pictures I saw of the 2 boys together, they look like 2 peas in a pod. Nathan is almost 6, I think I saw he was born in Aug or Sep 2008 so they would be pretty close in age too.

I just don't see an unhappy ex showing up at this point so many years later, I know stranger things have happened though...

I was surprised to realize that Nathan's step-brother is only 6 yrs old. It is possible that his mother has custody, and Nathan's father has visitation rights. Although LE have stated that there are no custody issues in the family, the close ages of these two boys could suggest an unhappy ex.

Was it confirmed the older boy is a step brother?

And no Nathan's father does not have visitation rights since they all live together. It has been published that Nathan's parents are married and have been for the past 5 years...

They sure do. It would suggest that the mother of the oldest child was pregnant, or had a tiny infant, when the father started something with Nathan's mother. However, that was five years ago, and most likely everyone has adjusted and moved on ... or at least, one would hope that they've moved past that.

Although police have said that this is a triple abduction, part of me is wondering whether, somehow, the grandfather decided to skip town with his grandson. If that were the case, then it would be very carefully planned with an extra vehicle, all the money put in a separate account perhaps under a different identity, and travel outside of the country before anyone knew that something was wrong.

What I means it that if this was a random/robbery/attack/abduction, then there's really no reason to remove a body from the house. It almost seems that one body was removed and two other people left ... all in a vehicle that was not registered to the family or the residence. There was mixed information about where they were going, and perhaps that was deliberately done by the grandfather to confuse everyone about where he would go after everything was liquidated. I'm thinking that if all the assets were liquidated, then there was a lot of money that had to be shared by two people, but one person might have thought that it would be a more comfortable lifestyle if the money was for one person.

The only reason that I can see for abducting either parents it to force them to hand over the assets/money.

I wonder this myself too......feels a little domestic to me sorry to offend anyone

And no Nathan's father does not have visitation rights since they all live together. It has been published that Nathan's parents are married and have been for the past 5 years...

No, but the great grandmother's obituary mentions the name of the missing grandmother as a daughter, Nathan's mother as a granddaughter, and Nathan as the only great grandchild. The older brother falls into the step grandchildren group, and Nathan's little sister was born after the great grandmother died in 2011.

Nathans maternal great grandmothers obituary states she has one great grandson, Nathan, and other step great grand children. Which sounds like Nathan's mother is not the older boys mother, otherwise there would be two great grandchildren. She died before the third boy was born.

It must be so horrible for Nathan's parents watching all this unfold, not knowing where he is. I was hoping for a break by now.

Hmm, on FB Nathan's father wished a happy 9th birthday to his son Luke in August 2011. That would make him 11, almost 12, now, which definitely makes more sense to me with what I see in his photos (adult teeth erupting a few years ago, etc.)

I've not posted on this thread yet and was afraid to look quite frankly...this little boy will haunt my dreams until he's found, hopefully unharmed. Prayers that he's ok.

Hmm, on FB Nathan's father wished a happy 9th birthday to his son Luke in August 2011. That would make him 11, almost 12, now, which definitely makes more sense to me with what I see in his photos (adult teeth erupting a few years ago, etc.)

You've read my mind! I was looking at the family photo thinking the size difference between the two boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes sense, 5 and 6 seemed very close if they do have different mothers.

Also, Dad gives his address on FB - I estimate it to be 20min. from the Liknes home. (for the pp who was wondering if it would make sense for Nathan to be at the estate sale, go home, and then be driven back to grandma and grandpa's).

Neighbour Ling Castejon visited the estate sale Sunday afternoon and saw young Nathan having a blast with his loved ones.
“He was just playing with his parents and his grandma,” she said.

How did it go from the mother just dropping Nathan off to BOTH parents being present at the estate sale playing with him? Sorry if that seems ridiculous to pick that out but that doesn't sound right to me

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/10...use-where-missing-calgary-trio-was-last-seen/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, fairly new here. Lurked before; this one has caught my attention :(

The sofa bed ad on Kijiji says 'moving out of the country'
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-couch-futon/calgary/i-am-a-couch-no-i-am-a-bed-i-am-a-sofa-couch/603475171

Did LE establish the stains to be blood? Fresh? Could it be that a messy garbage bag was thrown off the balcony during cleaning up/decluttering and dragged toward the back of the home for disposal (are those cans out behind their house)? Maybe a sale shopper will have noticed the stains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13