Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, so beautiful, Wondergirl.

I'm sitting here watching the sun set over our city, thinking of the officers who spent today, a spectacular Canada Day, and who will spend all night, searching for this child. Thinking of neighbours who've had their sense of safety shaken. Thinking of Nathan's parents, who will be tucking in only two children tonight. And, most of all, thinking of Nathan.

For some reason this snippet from an article doesn't sit right with me. IMO maybe it's just bad reporting or quoting but especially the part where he says "I hope they find the little guy, and my brother and his wife "
Seems like AL and especially KL were after thoughts. , I am not finger pointing this is just the impression left on me
When Cliff arrived, though, his brother was gone, and police were all over the scene. That's how he found out.

"I can't even fathom what's going on. Nobody in my family knows," Cliff Liknes told the Herald.

"It's a terrible thing ... it just doesn't make any sense."

Liknes had no doubt his brother Alvin had not abducted the grandchild.

"He loved the child to death," he said.

"That's his boy. There's something not right here and we don't know (what it is).

"I sure hope they find the little guy and my brother and his wife."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/touch/story.html?id=9989542

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um, anyone seeing anything happening with AL's FB account?

I know I've got the right account as I've accessed it thru KL's. When I was there earlier today, I made a mental note that he didn't have any photos of KL on his page, but had numerous pics of classic cars. Now there are no photos visible in any of his albums !!

I know I've got the right account as I've accessed it thru KL's. When I was there earlier today, I made a mental note that he didn't have any photos of KL on his page, but had numerous pics of classic cars. Now there are no photos visible in any of his albums !!

Woah seriously? Unless the police are suspending them for the time being?

Woah seriously? Unless the police are suspending them for the time being?

Nope, the account is accessible. Usually if LE is involved, the entire account gets shut down.

Wish I could remember what else might have been there .. was just concentrating on the fact there were no pics of KL, and thinking about the pics of the classic cars and wondering if he had access to other vehicles.

Nope, the account is accessible. Usually if LE is involved, the entire account gets shut down.

Wish I could remember what else might have been there .. was just concentrating on the fact there were no pics of KL, and thinking about the pics of the classic cars and wondering if he had access to other vehicles.

I have quite a few theories about this case but I've been staying quiet about them until more evidence / info comes to light because I know mods have strict rules about what we can and can't say on here so that being said IMO I don't think this was "a random act" even with the amount of "strangers " through that house with the estate sale. I don't know something does sit well with me, maybe it's my police foundations program I'm taking at school that has me looking from EVERY possible angle.
I do have a feeling they will find Nathan alive though, I am so hoping I am wrong and they find all three alive though!

I have quite a few theories about this case but I've been staying quiet about them until more evidence / info comes to light because I know mods have strict rules about what we can and can't say on here so that being said IMO I don't think this was "a random act" even with the amount of "strangers " through that house with the estate sale. I don't know something does sit well with me, maybe it's my police foundations program I'm taking at school that has me looking from EVERY possible angle.
I do have a feeling they will find Nathan alive though, I am so hoping I am wrong and they find all three alive though!

bbm - Same here, just wanted to write something along those lines as well. Keeping it to myself for now.

One other scenario I try to picture in my head is, could it be that one of the three got hurt and was bleeding and they took off to get them to a hospital, possibly in another car nobody knew about? Doesn't make much sense I know, why would they not contact family members if this were the case, and hospitals have probably been checked anyway.

Uh just trying to think of something that does not involve someone being dead.

bbm - Same here, just wanted to write something along those lines as well. Keeping it to myself for now.

One other scenario I try to picture in my head is, could it be that one of the grandparents got hurt and was bleeding and they took off to get them to a hospital, possibly in another car nobody knew about? Doesn't make much sense I know, why would they not contact family members if this were the case, and hospitals have probably been checked anyway.

Uh just trying to think of something that does not involve someone being dead.

You actually made me feel better knowing I am not the only person who thinks something (aside from the fact that three people are missing and one of those three is a small child) just is not adding up.
The (possible) blood/drag marks could be from someone knocking AL over the head with something and it leaving a gash , head wounds are always dramatic, but of or knocked him out or semiconscious and since 6 foot , 200 lbs would be hard to carry would require him to be dragged. That doesn't mean he was fatally injured though. ALL ABOVE IS IMO. Just also trying to think up any other scenario than what is playing in my head.

Marking my spot and praying that this family is found safe and sound. Not having a good feeling about this one. :(

Solved my own FB mystery ... have been looking at Allen instead of Alvin. Doh !!

:bedtime::eek:fftobed:

Can you still see his profile? I can't find anyone by his name on the friends list of KL Is he on her friends list?.....or did you find his name tagged somewhere in her profile? I see an Allen L but that's it.

Can you still see his profile? I can't find anyone by his name on the friends list of KL Is he on her friends list?.....or did you find his name tagged somewhere in her profile? I see an Allen L but that's it.

I had him mixed up with Allen ... thought the profile pic was just a younger pic of Alvin. Arghhh !!

Look at the picture in this article. In the flowerbed area just in front of the truck, is a home security/alarm sign. Hard to say for sure if they had a home alarm service.........some ppl just keep the sign visible to deter thugs (I know I have a similar sign given to me years ago by a family member, I just stuck it in my front flowerbed to give the appearance that I had a home alarm)........and some people maybe had a home alarm service in the past but no longer do yet still have the sign.........wonder what the case is here? Obviously the daughter would know if they had an active home alarm considering she entered the home yesterday morning to pick up her son.

In looking at other pics online of the front of the home, other pics taken from an angle where truck blocks view of this alarm sign.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/family-of...nounce-reward-for-their-safe-return-1.1894397

He is Aj, not Alvin on fb. Look through kl's friends, he is there. Sorry I can't link, don't know how to do that on my phone.

He is Aj, not Alvin on fb. Look through kl's friends, he is there. Sorry I can't link, don't know how to do that on my phone.

His full name as stated in numerous news articles is Alvin Cecil Liknes so doesn't make sense he'd go by "AJ", IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member