Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else feel LE knows where they are or is on the verge of breaking this wide open?

The LE speaking at the presser didn't seem heavy hearted like they know they are dealing with a very grim situation.

It was a 2 day sale: Sat and Sun (Jun 28 and 29)

ETA: I stand corrected. According to this Kijiji Ad of theirs, sale was Fri to Sun inclusive: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-furniture-lot/calgary/moving-estate-sale/601673918

ALSO............this particular Ad contains various pics inside the home, of other items they had for sale.
Am wondering then about the other Kijiji ad as posted by Sillybilly and how does it connect to this sale?(same address given in the 2 ads but different phone #s) First ad says they are in Canmore but the item they want to sell will be in Calgary. I am getting mixed up now (head bang) Just wondering Hmmmm

Andrus said police do not yet know if the disappearance was a "random" event and investigators have not speculated on any motive at this point.

However, Andrus did say that the disappearance is "less of a mystery today", than it was 24 hours ago.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/calgar...sing-boy-grandparents-1.1897614#ixzz36RPptwof

Interesting. LE states don't know if disappearances random but on the other hand the disappearance 'less of a mystery.' Seems like a bit of a contradiction?

I highly suggest anyone closely following this case, watch the CTV footage of the presser. There is ALOT of info in it and you will get a sense of the direction the case is heading.

The journalists asked some good questions.

I would like to know if the public is at risk from predators or if they feel this is an isolated case?

I highly suggest anyone closely following this case, watch the CTV footage of the presser. There is ALOT of info in it and you will get a sense of the direction the case is heading.

The journalists asked some good questions.

I would like to know if the public is at risk from predators or if they feel this is an isolated case?

Do you have a link ? Please

Anyone else feel LE knows where they are or are on the verge of breaking this wide open?

I feel that LE has a lot of information they are keeping from the public and I believe they are making progress and possibly have a pretty good idea about what happened. But I don't think they know the whereabouts of the missing people. This case has been rolling around in my head and the theory I keep coming back to is a botched robbery. Either A) the victims owed someone money, maybe A LOT of money and it was time to pay up. Those get rich schemes of KL's and business ventures of AL's are unsettling.

Or B) a random robbery instigated by someone who tracked the estate sale through the kijiji ads. In either case the person(s) shows up after 10pm, the lights are on and everyone is awake and the home-owners answer the door. They've let people in their house all day, they don't hesitate, or maybe they even know the person(s). There is a demand for money, the money is at the bank, okay let's all drive to the bank machine. The money is withdrawn. After that...don't really want to think about it.

CC video from home and businesses have been studied according to the police today. So that could involve ATM footage of AL or KL withdrawing cash, but likely wouldn't show the perps. Of course this is pure speculation and JMO, and I am hopeful for a good outcome.

~Heartbreaking to see the family at the press conf yesterday, especially the Dad :(

you probably already all know this, but if yu go to that link and then click "view posters other ads" you see all:

http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/56563739
Yes just hadn't got that far to see other posts(was busy with presser info) but the "In Canmore" still has me puzzled. Ad was posted 3 days before the "Estate Sale/Moving Sale" was to take place. So now there is a Canmore connection? Oh and the black lab dog in the pic would be who's dog? headbang again

The limit of cash allowed to be withdrawn through the ATM probably blows my theory....oh well back to the drawing board.

KL has a friend who lives in Canmore.

Long time lurker, first time poster here! I believe the connection to Canmore is possibly the friend mentioned in the article from: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/A...+mystery+their+hands+VIDEO/9989542/story.html

"Cherri Hodgins, Kathy Liknes' friend since junior high, was at the sale on Sunday. She last saw the couple that afternoon. "They were actually pretty happy," she said."

She is the executive director of the Canmore Daycare. The website for the daycare was created by....Quantum Klik. That is how I stumbled upon the connection. Perhaps she was bringing in the cupcake stand to the estate sale to sell it.

There are forty detectives on the case! That's a lot. Investigators are expanding the search in the neighbourhood. That's interesting. Are they exploring the possibility that no car was involved? I'm curious whether surveillance video from the neighbours has provided a clue.

Are Nathan and his little sister the only natural (not step) grandchild of the grandmother?

I have to wonder if the perps staged and planned a robbery knowing there would be a lot of money made at the sale. Did the perps stage a purchase of something large saying they had to get or rent a large vehicle to transport their purchase and then arranged to go back later at night, under the cover of darkness with the actual intent of robbing them of their money from the sale? Did the robbery go awry and AL got into a scuffle with the perps, getting injured? I assume the perps abducted KL and Nathan because the perps feared they wouldn't make a get away as KL would have immediately called 911 as they tried to flee. Were they afraid she had gotten their plate # or description of their vehicle and/or the perps themselves? Possibly their intent was not to murder, just rob and when things went beyond their plan, they panicked and took all witnesses. Knowing AL was critically injured, they knew if caught, their charges would go from less serious charges of robbery to murder, therefore they weren't taking any chances of leaving any evidence/witness behind. JMO

I hope LE have checked out all moving vehicle rental companies and local people pay attention to any such large moving type vehicles which might be left in random or unusual, suspicious places. Such a vehicle might just hold the victims.

Could someone explain to me why they believe the perps may have crossed the border into the US? What would the purpose/logic of that be? I guess anything is possible but seems in many of these bizarre case which happen close to the US border, people always assume the perps flee to the US. This was immediate speculation also in the Stafford abduction, Tim Bosma disappearance and a few others cases. As these cases turned out, it's obvious no intent was to cross the border, just saying. These perps have no intention of getting caught and to cross the border is a good way of getting caught typically. Not that I'm trying to deter anyone from that sleuthing out that possibility it's just I don't understand the reasoning behind it other than two of the victims had intended on moving across a border.

Respectfully I know we are sleuthing here, but I find it troublesome when some suspect their is a hidden motive involving other family members or that the victims invited such travesty. Personally I want to believe that those are not the intentions and we just have a couple of sickos out there who sought out this couple to rob them of their money and used this estate sale as the means. Again JMO.

Praying and holding onto the hope the victims are found safe. The pressers make me hopeful LE are about to make arrests and/or blow this case wide open.

There was a news article from my city this morning about an older fellow who let a woman in his house for a glass of water and she stabbed him.

You just never know about stranger danger anymore.

There are forty detectives on the case! That's a lot. Investigators are expanding the search in the neighbourhood. That's interesting. Are they exploring the possibility that no car was involved? I'm curious whether surveillance video from the neighbours has provided a clue.

Are Nathan and his little sister the only natural (not step) grandchild of the grandmother?

BBM Otto was there mention neighbours had surveillance? I noticed on the front door of the victim's house there is a BML Security Inc. sticker and also in the front yard, near the steps (flowerbed), there is also a sign/notice from the same surveillance company posted. Interesting to note that in some of pictures I have seen, of the one posted by the stairs leading up to the house, it is blurred out. I did see one which wasn't in the first thread though. Cannot find it now though. Make me wonder now though, had the perps been to the house earlier in the day, had they not seen those signs? Does anyone know, would it be possible for the home owners to sell their surveillance system? Is that a possibility? Could the perps have bought it putting it out of commission making their robbery later that night easier to carry out? MOO.

Not that it matters in the scheme of things, but that's a little brother ;)

I know ... they all look alike at that age, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010