Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On KL's FB, under "recent activity" it says KL is now friends with (says person's name) and 8 other people.

Included in that 8 other people are the names of two moving companies and (I think) a junk removal company.

Date on "recent activity" is June 30th.

Something hicky is going on and Casey Anthony comes to mind. :blushing:

From the video named in the screenshot, is the purple stuff a luminol spray, or a fingerprinting spray.

It is all over the that box on the side of the garage, and it is all over the garage door as well, I will post another picture.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've never heard of fingerprinting spray.........thought it was a type of powder they apply to surfaces ("dust for prints") then lift w/ tape.....?

From the video named in the screenshot, is the purple stuff a luminol spray, or a fingerprinting spray.

It is all over the that box on the side of the garage, and it is all over the garage door as well, I will post another picture.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh wow - the garage door keypad. They must think someone familiar came into the house.

Yep, it's luminol spray.

The main leftovers of a crime scene investigation are forensic chemicals: luminol is an incredibly useful crime investigation tool, as it glows bright blue when it comes into contact with blood. It can detect blood spatter that’s even too fine to be seen with the naked eye or that’s been partially cleaned up (say, by a perpetrator trying to cover their tracks). Unfortunately, the chemical is like purple spray paint, and sticks to surfaces about as stubbornly. Basically the only thing for it is harsh cleaning chemicals, abrasive pads, and elbow grease – or, failing that, paint to cover. Luminol is especially tough to get out of soft surfaces, which may mean pulling carpets or cutting up furniture.

http://www.ontarioremediation.ca/2013/10/cleaning-up-a-crime-scene-investigation/

What I got from it was the LE dude frequently being asked if they had any suspects and he'd counter these questions with the response (paraphrasing) "we have no suspects that can be named." One of the reporters tried to push him on this response, asking if this meant was he was really saying as they "do" have suspects and he just basically stated he can't say anything that will compromise the investigation but they have received new info (from all sources: CCTV of neighbors/local business, public tips, etc) that have 'allowed them to move forward with the investigation.'

IMO, they have a perp or perps in their sights.

I re-watched yesterday's presser...and then today's...and that is what I noticed & had my alarms going off.....yesterday he said ...may not be the exact words but not far off 'no suspects at this time'? and then today....almost the same thing but with BBM above...added to what he said....that ....THAT....to me said...Oooohhh....that changed didn't it?

My opinion only....I think they knew or had a good idea who they had to look for...for a while now....and the CCTV &/or witness accounts....has validated their theory.....I don't want to out and out accuse or say *I know that isn't allowed & if this post is over the line I will understand*...who I think...I will keep it to myself for now....but...I think they do know...& I think they are laying low not to scare off the perp or have them do anything stupid because they are scared...

If my own private theory is correct....my only question would be why...but...I guess when they bring everyone home safe *& I really hope & pray all is well and ends happily!!!*.....maybe there will be some answers....I am so involved now in watching anything pop up 'new' on the news....I was the same with Kyron ...Tim B....Tori.....my gawd I get wound up & can't stop thinking......think it's time for either wine...or sleep for this old girl.....

114 people on this thread right now, 42 members and 72 guests.

I only mention this nightly, because the more help the better. If you are a guest reader, please consider signing up and joining in.

Interesting comment from the presser about getting cctv footage from taxis. I hadn't thought about that. They might have been there during the weekend to take buyers to and from the sale, etc.

Cabs in Calgary are mandated to have security cameras. http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/1...-fines-for-taxi-cabs-lacking-security-cameras

I'm wondering about all night restaurants and gas stations having CCTV tapes as well.

Mr. and Ms. O’Brien both work at Cenovus Energy Inc., an oil sands company, in Calgary. A company spokesperson said the couple’s co-workers are “very affected by this and hoping for the best.”

Ms. Liknes worked as a realtor before starting Website Marketing Inc. Mr. Liknes had been involved in several business ventures, one of which was reported to have gone bankrupt.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/cctv-footage-gives-police-lead-in-missing-calgary-boy-grandparents/article19449772/

All these moving truck companies that are on KL FB and then they decided to sell everything?

Sounds hopeful LE gained some important video evidence. MOO.

Police have collected videotape from businesses and neighbours near the Calgary home where the trio went missing. They will not say whether suspects are on the video, but Staff Sergeant Doug Andrus said the CCTV footage has proven useful.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ing-calgary-boy-grandparents/article19449772/

I am so, so relieved that it sounds like there may be a resolution to this case. LE is working hard and I hope they can find solid answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double