Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the link to yesterday's presser? Everything I find is now edited. Something in it jumped out at me but I'd like to see the uncut version again before I comment...Thanks :)

9998668.jpg

Family members waits as Jennifer O’Brien finishes a tour with police in the house where her family members disappeared.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Fortney+Excruciating+wait+news+missing+family/9998667/story.html

In this image you can see a wee bit of the BML security Inc. (home security surveillance) sign in front of the car, in what appears to be a flower bed. Had someone come to the home during daylight hours and seen that sign, had they any thoughts of robbing this couple, I would think that would have been a deterrent. So thankful for some of today's technology. JMO.

Even if there was an active security system in the home-- if someone knocked on the door (say, just after JO left at 10pm) then one of the L's may have simply opened the door.

IDK something is odd about the case. With all the strangers around the home that weekend, it seems to point toward a stranger being the perp. But there are so many other factors to this case that make me believe this wasn't a stranger.

and all gas stations on both sides of the border.

re: finances. Hope police are working around the clock to follow the money.

Since Finance is a key industry in Calgary, I'm sure forensic accountants, IT guys and people with similar backgrounds have been on this aspect since the police began the investigation.

Three days later seems strange to me still

I would have thought gathering standard evidence would have been done immediately

IMO, given the situation of there having been 200-300 strangers in the home during the sale Fri-Sun inclusive, that's a whole heckuva lot more evidence gathering than usual.

Also, it could easily be their driver's license photos, too.

Hi from Cowtown/Calgary.

This case like the McCanns is very troubling. Before discovering this website yesterday, I was sleuthing and found this, which got me thinking about the grandfathers business dealings and why Bluesky keeps changing hands and locale. If you control F and search Vecto (the very precious gas extraction method Alvin holds patent on), you are brought to Whitemark Homes. I don't like speculating but sometimes we must share what we think which might help. My other thoughts are that someone or people just entered the home during the sale and hid/never left until the sale was over a Trojan horse type of break in. Anyways, here's the document which makes me curious about something's, but don't want to say something that might be construed as slander. This document gives me that feeling that all might not be as it seems in the Liknes household.

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Whitemark_Homes_Inc_(WTMK)/Filing/8-K/2008/Ex-2.1/D2157401

Hi from Cowtown/Calgary.

This case like the McCanns is very troubling. Before discovering this website yesterday, I was sleuthing and found this, which got me thinking about the grandfathers business dealings and why Bluesky keeps changing hands and locale. If you control F and search Vecto (the very precious gas extraction method Alvin holds patent on), you are brought to Whitemark Homes. I don't like speculating but sometimes we must share what we think which might help. My other thoughts are that someone or people just entered the home during the sale and hid/never left until the sale was over a Trojan horse type of break in. Anyways, here's the document which makes me curious about something's, but don't want to say something that might be construed as slander. This document gives me that feeling that all might not be as it seems in the Liknes household.

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Whitemark_Homes_Inc_(WTMK)/Filing/8-K/2008/Ex-2.1/D2157401

Sorry, but can you please interpret the significance of this document for me?

Thanks for joining us!

Catching up again ..

I know it's been said that all vehicles were accounted for, but I wonder if the Ls had another vehicle that was in the garage.

Even if there was an active security system in the home-- if someone knocked on the door (say, just after JO left at 10pm) then one of the L's may have simply opened the door.

IDK something is odd about the case. With all the strangers around the home that weekend, it seems to point toward a stranger being the perp. But there are so many other factors to this case that make me believe this wasn't a stranger.

And if you look at it from another angle.....if it was planned, it may have intentionally been planned for between Sun evening to Mon morning.......due to the previous 3 days sale meaning....lots of coming and going, a million fingerprints all over the home, the home being a buzz of activity for those 3 days with lots of vehicles coming and going, harder for LE to gather evidence, the perps' hope that LE would just start off assuming the perp(s) was some random stranger who attended the sale etc. IMO it's no coincidence, the timing of them going missing. Add to this, a long weekend when many neighbors who worked would have taken Monday off to have a longer long weekend or took Monday off in lieu of Tuesday's stat holiday.

JMO

IMO, given the situation of there having been 200-300 strangers in the home during the sale Fri-Sun inclusive, that's a whole heckuva lot more evidence gathering than usual.

Also, it could easily be their driver's license photos, too.

If they are driver's license photos then likely Alvin's wallet and Kathy's purse were left behind.

This case gives me the jeebies because of the kijiji ad. Reminds me of the Tim Bosma case. That there are sick people out there.

Three days later seems strange to me still

I would have thought gathering standard evidence would have been done immediately

Perhaps they thought they would return, or get caught?

Hi from Cowtown/Calgary.

:Welcome1: :seeya:

In this image you can see a wee bit of the BML security Inc. (home security surveillance) sign in front of the car, in what appears to be a flower bed. Had someone come to the home during daylight hours and seen that sign, had they any thoughts of robbing this couple, I would think that would have been a deterrent. So thankful for some of today's technology. JMO.

The sign on the door also says ... "Come on In !".

If they are driver's license photos then likely Alvin's wallet and Kathy's purse were left behind.

Just throwing this out there. Nowadays, wondering if LE really needs a person's driver's license (pic) in-hand to share their pic...........or aren't all DL pics digital (and you have to get new pic every 5 yrs) such that LE could contact the department of motor vehicles and obtain person's last DL pic that I'm assuming is stored digitally? So if this could be the case, and they wouldn't need to physically have someone's DL to post its pic, that could mean that someone could escape driving, in possession of their DL, even though LE has posted their DL pic. ?

The original wording made it seem like the alert was for Nathan and his Grandfather, although the Grandmother's name is mentioned in the alert as well.

http://www.emergencyalert.alberta.ca/alerts/2014/07/2572.html

I opened Thread 1 about 1/2 hour after the Amber Alert was issued. The links in my posts 1 and 2 included Nathan and both of his grandparents:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CANADA Canada - AMBER ALERT: Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CANADA Canada - AMBER ALERT: Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014

Just throwing this out there. Nowadays, wondering if LE really needs a person's driver's license (pic) in-hand to share their pic...........or aren't all DL pics digital (and you have to get new pic every 5 yrs) such that LE could contact the department of motor vehicles and obtain person's last DL pic that I'm assuming is stored digitally? So if this could be the case, and they wouldn't need to physically have someone's DL to post its pic, that could mean that someone could escape driving, in possession of their DL, even though LE has posted their DL pic. ?

MOO on DL pics.

You can change your hair color, facial hair, much like a passport photo.

But, by default, you would be looking for someone that resembles the DL photo.

I look nothing like my DL photo.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members