Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this feeling too. Things have been planned and carefully worded so as to not spook someone.

However, I feel like someone has done something they regret. If there has been contact or a ransom demand, it's been in a panic, an afterthought. I don't think it was supposed to happen like this. I think Nathan's presence changed everything.

^^^ exactly. I also think they think one of the adults is hurt or may be deceased, and they were letting the perp know they realize that and that they were all about getting Nathan back alive. Not to minimize something happening to the grandparents but they wanted to convince the perp Nathan wasn't supposed to be there, he is innocent and should not be associated in any way to any grievance there is with the adults. Again jmo

Something I forgot to add, the mom was the last "known" to see her parents and the first on the scene. It's assumed that whatever happened, happened between 10 and 10. It could be that what happened, happened earlier as it was only KO and Nathan at the grandparents' house.

Someone up thread mentioned that there was video surveillance (security). Tapes would show who came/went, wouldn't it? Unless security was turned off? Someone in the know? Maybe this is why the police haven't branched out?

Mom was the last to see them and first on the scene, that's true.

It has been stated that Nathan's parents aren't suspects, so......I'm sure everything has been verified.

I do believe that the CCTV cameras are telling a story. LE stated they have made headway in the case. We just don't know what that is.

Of note - There has NOT been a huge alarm to the general public to lock your doors, be wary of strangers etc. No statements of kidnappers or killers on the loose.

Just another angle but I imagine stolen passports on the black market would bring in some good coin. IMO.

Now the thing that strikes me about KO is that she speaks of her son in past tense, the father does not.

Correct. And the father addresses the camera. The mother closes her eyes and looks up when addressing Nathan. She wants him to hear her voice. If he's watching TV her could see her in addition to hear her.

There is 1 comment now posted 57 mins. ago of someone saying AL(close resemblance maybe him?) might have been seen on some gas station surveillance? Hope LE take that comment serious and follow up :)

Saw that Peace. I had trouble with that comment as to when he was referring to Allen/Alvin .. I saw on Allen's FB that either one of his favourites or groups was the Evansburg Inn so perhaps he lives in the area. Allen is the one I got mixed up with Alvin in the other thread because they look alike.

^^^ exactly. I also think they think one of the adults is hurt or may be deceased, and they were letting the perp know they realize that and that they were all about getting Nathan back alive. Not to minimize something happening to the grandparents but they wanted to convince the perp Nathan wasn't supposed to be there, he is innocent and should not be associated in any way to any grievance there is with the adults. Again jmo

Can someone please post a link to this presser?

Sounds like the marks are relevant, unfortunately. :(

"I can tell you, though, that the forensic crime scenes unit did examine some marks on the side of the house and we're in the process of determining their relevance to the investigation," he said."

"There were marks on the side of the house that went on for a distance."

At this point, the Amber Alert remains active.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Calgary Police Service at 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/#!/content/1.2695310

Please do the right thing. Drive the family members out to a country road where there are NO cameras and release them somewhere they can walk to safety.

PLEASE

You can still right the wrong. It's never too late.​

I could see that, well I didn't watch the press conference. But a ransom would make the most sense out of anything.

I hope they are found soon!!!

Why. Would these ppl be held for ransom?

lots of head shaking of yes when asked about kidnapping

LE is expanding the geographical neighbourhood inquiries

LE has made progress for sure. Mentioned CCTV video, the public etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic