Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again that was me. Breaking all the rules as a newbie. Sales for similar sized properties in immediate vicinity or at least asking prices are in the region if $7-8million.

Been out today so catching up ... I'm pretty sure the one property we found was correct. It stated that it was bordered to the south by Croxford Estates and on the east by RR 291, and it was $8+ mil, so I think it is the vacant land between Gs house and Croxfords.

Headed to bed, praying for positive news tomorrow.

Good question. I remember one of the neighbours at the property yesterday said that he heard the parents had gone camping sometime in the past week. I don't mean to be rude but I don't think many 80 year olds go camping? I guess it would depend on the individual. Also it's hearsay from a neighbour and not for sure.

LOL, lots of elderly people their age go camping. They even have senior RVing groups that all go together across the country in their RV's during the summer, and even some go during the winter to places like Florida and California. My in-laws were such people- mother-in-law passed away almost two years ago, but my father-in-law still camps.

LOL, lots of elderly people their age go camping. They even have senior RVing groups that all go together across the country in their RV's during the summer, and even some go during the winter to places like Florida and California. My in-laws were such people- mother-in-law passed away almost two years ago, but my father-in-law still camps.

When I think of seniors camping, I think RV'ing, not tenting. ;) We keep our trailer at a KOA. Trust me, LOTS of seniors. :)

I've only seen one picture of the van and the back (bed?) seemed to be empty, although it was difficult to see clearly. I wonder if during some of the multiple drive-bys that there appeared to be something in the back?

If the house showed signs of violence (assuming blood loss) the vehicle would surely have traces of blood, or signs that it was very recently cleaned. I suppose it's possible to clean something (say, with bleach) and then carefully rinse off any traces of chemicals, but a truck would normally have pollen, dust, etc., and not be sparkling clean - so the police should be pretty certain whether or not they have the right vehicle by now.

Who exactly went bankrupt? From all that I found in MSM, it seems NO's grandmother KL and father RO suffered relatively recent personal bankruptcies and grandfather AL had one of his businesses go into bankruptcy at some point (but did not have a personal bankruptcy himself).

Mr. Liknes had been involved in several business ventures, one of which was reported to have gone bankrupt.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ing-calgary-boy-grandparents/article19449772/

@ 13:25 Reporter asks, "Both KL and RO had declared bankruptcy in the last several years..."
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=391536

At this point people are making it sound like everyone in the family suffered multiple bankruptcies...but MSM only describes 2 personal bankruptcies and one business failure.

First time poster, hope I do this right.

I have been following this case with concern and interest.

A few questions:

1. Why was the Amber Alert given at 5 pm on the Monday, when the people went missing way before that?

2. I realize that a person of AL's age may not have a lot of social media contacts, or on-line presence, but I find it interesting that very little can be found out about his past employment or business. The LinkedIn profile for him says he's with Vecto, but I cannot find out more about that company. There is a company in SA of that name, but it's not the same one, is it?

3. Why did NO stay overnight, and not the other children?

4. Any correlation between chemical work of DG and AL, assuming we can find out anything about the latter's employment or education or background?

5. KL said she had stepgrandchildren, and as of yet, I can't figure out all of the family connections. Is JO the bio daughter of both KL and AL?

I understand that a lot of this information may be irrelevant, and that LE is, rightfully so, not releasing all information.

There are a couple of comments without links, but maybe I missed the links up thread somewhere. Can someone please provide links for the following?

1. It has been mentioned that DG and AL were in business together. Business name with link please?
2. It has been mentioned that DG and AL are RELATED. Link? I know that DG's sister is in a common law relationship with AL's son. Is that where people are getting RELATED? I don't consider myself RELATED to my sister's husband's family. But if that is the connection...I will roll with it. Just trying to clarify for those that are sure to join late and have similar questions.

Lastly...I know it was posted up thread...but here is the business that seems to be more recent than the farm machine business and pesticide patent. http://www.tradekey.com/company/P2-Solutions-Ltd-8382577.html

Thanks y'all. I'm not a mod...just need clarification for my own sleuthing purposes!

All post are MOO.

First time poster, hope I do this right.

I have been following this case with concern and interest.

A few questions:

1. Why was the Amber Alert given at 5 pm on the Monday, when the people went missing way before that?

2. I realize that a person of AL's age may not have a lot of social media contacts, or on-line presence, but I find it interesting that very little can be found out about his past employment or business. The LinkedIn profile for him says he's with Vecto, but I cannot find out more about that company. There is a company in SA of that name, but it's not the same one, is it?

3. Why did NO stay overnight, and not the other children?

4. Any correlation between chemical work of DG and AL, assuming we can find out anything about the latter's employment or education or background?

5. KL said she had stepgrandchildren, and as of yet, I can't figure out all of the family connections. Is JO the bio daughter of both KL and AL?

I understand that a lot of this information may be irrelevant, and that LE is, rightfully so, not releasing all information.

I will do my best to help answer your questions.

1. Amber Alerts are often not issued right away. The following is the criteria for an Amber Alert and all of them must be met before the alert can be sent out.
police believe a child or an adult with a proven mental or physical disability has been abducted
there is reason to believe the victim is in danger of serious harm or death
there is enough information available that, if broadcasted to the public, could assist in the safe recovery of the victim
the alert can be issued soon enough that there is a reasonable expectation the victim can be returned or the abductor apprehended

2. I do not believe it is the same one, but seeing as they are similar industries it is possible that he worked out of a Calgary based office. We don't have any details on this at this point.

3. I often stayed over at my grandma's house without my sister when I was a child, especially once she moved to my city when I was about ten. Nothign out of the ordinary here.

4. I don't know about this one. I haven't looked into the chemical stuff at all.

5. I am looking into this as we speak. Will update when I can. EDIT: I can't find definitive information either way, although there is speculation AL is her stepfather. (From what I am reading elsewhere it has to do with the fact she keeps referring to him by his first name)

So is DG still being held, or has he been released? There are conflicting media reports.

Given his history (and if he is involved in the disappearance) he would likely take off or commit suicide, and then no-one would know what happened. I do hope they managed to detain him on a current id theft.

Is it just me, but does JO not seem emotional at all in photos/press conference? As opposed to RO who is bawling his eyes out.

IMO she is putting on a brave face for her other children, as well as her husband. They can't both fall apart, on the outside, anyway.
In my experience anyway, if my husband is upset or blaming himself for something, i automatically become the strong, reassuring, optimistic one. She probably feels that if she falls apart, so will everything else.

Here's the information about Alvin Liknes and his company Vecto delisting

"Corporations Liable for Dissolution/Strike Off/
Cancellation of Registration
(At expiration from four months from the dates shown pursuant to: Business Corporations Act, Cemetery Companies Act, Companies Act, Societies Act, Partnership Act)

2008 DECEMBER 02. unless otherwise indicated 2008 DECEMBER 02. unless otherwise indicated"

VECTO RESOURCE SERVICES LIMITED

http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/gazette/2009/text/01_Jan15_Registrar.cfm

"Alvin Liknes
President at Vecto Resource Services Limited

Industry
Oil & Energy "

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/alvin-liknes/10/895/aa5

Similar company, different people: Vector Resources Limited; Dissolution Date7 November 2004

https://opencorporates.com/companies/nz/805711

There are a couple of comments without links, but maybe I missed the links up thread somewhere. Can someone please provide links for the following?

1. It has been mentioned that DG and AL were in business together. Business name with link please?

As far as I know this is a RUMOUR that was posted on an outdoors forum, along with the UNFOUNDED report that AL was sighted in Brooks.

2. It has been mentioned that DG and AL are RELATED. Link? I know that DG's sister is in a common law relationship with AL's son. Is that where people are getting RELATED? I don't consider myself RELATED to my sister's husband's family. But if that is the connection...I will roll with it. Just trying to clarify for those that are sure to join late and have similar questions.

CBC News has also learned that Garland has a connection to the Liknes family through his sister.

His sister lists Nathan O'Brien's parents, Rod and Jennifer, as well as Kathy Liknes as 'friends' on Facebook.

She also lists one member of the Liknes family as a niece.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...terest-has-criminal-past-new-charge-1.2698107

Lastly...I know it was posted up thread...but here is the business that seems to be more recent than the farm machine business and pesticide patent. http://www.tradekey.com/company/P2-Solutions-Ltd-8382577.html

Thanks y'all. I'm not a mod...just need clarification for my own sleuthing purposes!

All post are MOO.

I have stayed on this thread far too late for me, since I have to get up in 5 hours. It's because of all the great sleuthing going on. It's also because this just gets weirder by the hour. My head is spinning. I will start again in the morning. Thanks all!

JO is the bio daughter of KL and her initials before marriage were JLP P is what her mothers maiden name starts with so speculation is AL is her step father

DG, in or out of custody?

CBC News learned [DG] was released from questioning specifically in regards to the Nathan O'Brien disappearance, but remained in police custody in relation to the new charge of identity theft laid against him this weekend.

On Monday, [DG] will make a court appearance related to his new charge of identity theft.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...terest-has-criminal-past-new-charge-1.2698107

However it’s been reported [DG]’s being held on a new charge stemming from a prior case for which he has a court appearance set for Monday in Calgary.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/07/0...has-family-connection-to-missing-calgary-trio

I wonder why the family is saying no comment about the connections between the families L, O and G?

Judging from the body language in the presser at which she spoke, JO was looking for direction from the CPS PR officer handling the event.
At one or two points, IIRC, the PR officer answered "no comment" first.
I think the police knew this and have instructed the family to issue no comments so as not to tip off other people involved.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...than-o-brien-5-and-his-grandparents-1.2694198

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper