Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the family not recognize this green truck if it belongs to DG?

Just thinking, wasn't there a camper or trailer on the Garland property yesterday?
OMG yes I saw that as well. I noticed it as the awning was up and at the time wondered if that was where DG lived.

If they sold their home for $800,000 and bought a condo in Mexico for cheap, I think they could live quite comfortably. JMO

They recently bought a home in Edmonton. Do we have any photos of the home?

Just watched a beautiful rainbow appear as a storm passed through the North Calgary/Airdrie area.

Knowing that the POI knows the victims somehow makes me feel the chances of recovering Nathan are better.

I still have hope and I have full confidence in the CPS. They have been absolutely everywhere this week.

Is it just me, but does JO not seem emotional at all in photos/press conference? As opposed to RO who is bawling his eyes out.

Is it just me, but does JO not seem emotional at all in photos/press conference? As opposed to RO who is bawling his eyes out.
Probably in shock (she found the scene of the crime!) and possibly medicated. I would be.

I found DG's parents last night on Ancestry electoral lists. They lived in Calgary until the late 60s when they moved to rural property.
--------
Thinking out loud... You're retirement age. The last few years you've taken a beating financially professionally and personally. You're tired and you've sold the house you've lived in for the past 17 or so years and the final straw is trying to sell the few possessions you have left to an endless parade of riff raff that traipses through your house all weekend long. An argument ensues at the end of the sale with your partner. A violent argument. Things happen, things you didn't mean. And your first feeling is to flee. But you have this problem so you call someone. Someone to help make this problem go away and buy you some time. The person you call suggests you call a certain someone, so you call them. This person perhaps doesn't like LE and they agree to come as they are a very agreeable sort of person and after all they know you well. They do what you say and help you remove one or possibly two problems away from the house leaving you time to clean up. They come back for you and take you in a very different direction from where the problems went. Perhaps the person you called first calls you the next day...

This ^^^^
Only my opinion, I completely agree. I alps think IMO that KL was hurt or possibly murdered in the home. I believe DNA has come back and it indicates only KL's, that is why the Amber Alert says that NO could be with his grandfather AL.
I believe AL did reach out to someone for help and possibly that was or lead to the POI coming to assist, in return for money, possibly a large sum of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too wondered about the amount of the reward, how did the family come up with that high amount? JMO

The family was reported missing on reported missing on Monday, June 30. The very next day, we had the first announcement about a $100,000 reward. That was discouraged by police.

This was the first mention of the reward.

Published Tuesday, July 1, 2014 11:27AM MDT
Last Updated Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:58PM MDT
"The family of a five-year-old boy who disappeared along with his grandparents is set to announce a reward in excess of $100,000 for the trio’s safe return.

In an email to CTV Calgary late Tuesday, Rod O’Brien, father of five-year-old Nathan, said that the reward will be announced Wednesday through the Calgary Police Department.

“Should get the world’s attention to get Nathan home,” he wrote."

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/family-of...for-their-safe-return-1.1894397#ixzz36k52jIDI

Published Wednesday, July 2, 2014 7:42AM EDT
Last Updated Wednesday, July 2, 2014 10:38PM EDT

"The family also said Wednesday that they are looking into a possible award for the safe return of the trio, as part of the investigation.

Earlier, Calgary Police Chief Rick Hansen cautioned against the move, telling a local radio station that a reward offer could lead to bogus tips and create more work for police. At the news conference, Andrus confirmed that police are “exploring” the option with the family."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/missin...a-for-their-superhero-1.1895317#ixzz36k6JWOha

I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt that she was reeling with the horror/shock of what she had seen at the house but I found her behaviour odd.

With the various bankruptcies in the L and O families, I wonder who had the financial means to come up with $100,000 for the proposed reward? Also, surely the family and LE would have discussed the matter of offering a reward before it was announced to the media. Was there a lack of communication between LE and the family? Or was this a ploy instigated by LE? I agree with otto--there is something odd about the premature offer of a reward.

It was the missing grandparents that declarred bankruptcy, not the parents of the missing child.

This ^^^^
Only my opinion, I completely agree. I alps think IMO that KL was hurt or possibly murdered in the home. I believe DNA has come back and it indicates only KL's, that is why the Amber Alert says that NO could be with his grandfather AL.
I believe AL did reach out to someone for help and possibly that was or lead to the POI coming to assist, in return for money, possibly a large sum of money.

Also, who better to help "run away" then someone who did it successfully for 7years, I just hope that NO is in the run away plan.

I think they are just different people. JO has had a different experience to RO- JO is missing a son, a mother and a father (step father, but she calls him dad repeatedly). She went to pick up the son, and she has seen something awful. We dont know what, but it caused an immediate and intense reaction from the police. That house became a crime scene straight away- so RO has not seen what JO saw. RO is reeling, he doesn't know where his boy is, but whatever JO saw I bet is etched into her mind pretty well.

I know it is a very different thing, but I gave the eulogy at my grandfathers funeral. We were really close, and I was determined to do a good job. I focused on the speech, and ignored everything around me. Everyone was crying, but I was dry eyed and gave the best eulogy that I could give. I completely lost it afterwards, but people at the funeral would not have seen that. I think JO was trying very hard to send a message to her boy without scaring him. I'd say she was sedated, to an extent, and well coached by the police on what to say.

Just wondering if this POI has a significant other? Why is he living with his parents or was the truck just found there?
Does this POI travel the Highway of Tears?

Sounds like the house was searched (I would assume so) and they found this deceased young lads ID still in his possession in the house. Knowing his history LE better keep close tabs on this POI or he may take off again. That's if he's still out there free. I don't think they can hold him on this charge but he will have a court date set for this new charge. Did I read something to do with Monday? MOO.
This reports he's being held on a new charge (still in possession of stolen ID) and will appear in court Monday.
http://m.calgarysun.com/2014/07/06/...has-family-connection-to-missing-calgary-trio
Why did he keep the ID? Planning to run again? Just in case? It would seem pretty dumb to reassume the ID that got you jail time.

i can remember reading early on in the media that the grandparents son arrived at the house not long after the scene was discovered.....he arrived because he was suspicious that his parent were not answering the phone. i haven't seen his name mentioned since. could this be partner of DG's sister?

i cannot find the link so asking for help from other users here.

No, that was AL's brother CL.

Just thinking, wasn't there a camper or trailer on the Garland property yesterday?

It appeared to belong to LE as it appeared figures were going in and out of it but it was at a distance down the long driveway so I can't say 100% for sure. The tarp/canopy was set up on it.

Any news on DG's elderly parents, has it been confirmed they are camping somewhere? Now I'm worried for their safety as well :(

You and me both! This seems way too convenient - hopefully LE will locate them, and do a "well being" check.

Since we now know that DG took off for 7 years when he was arrested last time, I hope he's being tracked so he can't slip away again.

Gosh I was just thinking.. I hope he doesn't do something to himself and leave everyone with no answers...if that happens, and his parents can't be found, that will be 5 people missing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97