Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swedie, it is my understanding the two children died due to a vehicle accident caused by DG. Can anyone confirm this please. Thanks

NO. There is no confirmation the car accident was caused by DG.

Douglas Garland had collected employment insurance benefits after getting fired from Can Test Ltd., a Vancouver laboratory firm where he worked between 1992 and 1997. The government later ruled that his earnings weren’t insurable because worked under a false identity.

Douglas Garland appealed that decision to the Tax Court of Canada — and won, following a trial where he represented himself.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Person+interest+missing+family+case+once+illegal+drug/10005813/story.html

I found DG's parents last night on Ancestry electoral lists. They lived in Calgary until the late 60s when they moved to rural property.
--------
Thinking out loud... You're retirement age. The last few years you've taken a beating financially professionally and personally. You're tired and you've sold the house you've lived in for the past 17 or so years and the final straw is trying to sell the few possessions you have left to an endless parade of riff raff that traipses through your house all weekend long. An argument ensues at the end of the sale with your partner. A violent argument. Things happen, things you didn't mean. And your first feeling is to flee. But you have this problem so you call someone. Someone to help make this problem go away and buy you some time. The person you call suggests you call a certain someone, so you call them. This person perhaps doesn't like LE and they agree to come as they are a very agreeable sort of person and after all they know you well. They do what you say and help you remove one or possibly two problems away from the house leaving you time to clean up. They come back for you and take you in a very different direction from where the problems went. Perhaps the person you called first calls you the next day...

NO. There is no confirmation the car accident was caused by DG.

Thanks mrsu, I was sure I read up thread this was the case but I cant find the reference anymore. If I am incorrect I apologize.

Douglas Garland had collected employment insurance benefits after getting fired from Can Test Ltd., a Vancouver laboratory firm where he worked between 1992 and 1997. The government later ruled that his earnings weren’t insurable because worked under a false identity.

Douglas Garland appealed that decision to the Tax Court of Canada — and won, following a trial where he represented himself.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Person+interest+missing+family+case+once+illegal+drug/10005813/story.html
Oh great, sounds like a Ted Bundy type. I am curious to see what will out of the woodwork with this guy.

JMO

Thanks mrsu, I was sure I read up thread this was the case but I cant find the reference anymore. If I am incorrect I apologize.
I agree. But the way CBC writes their stories :eyeroll:, it can be read as if he stole identity and "caused" a car crash death.

Jason van Rassel @JasonvanRassel · 4s

Douglas Garland allegedly was in possession of ID associated with dead boy whose identity he stole while on lam in 1990s. #AmberAlert #yyc

https://twitter.com/JasonvanRassel

Sounds like the house was searched (I would assume so) and they found this deceased young lads ID still in his possession in the house. Knowing his history LE better keep close tabs on this POI or he may take off again. That's if he's still out there free. I don't think they can hold him on this charge but he will have a court date set for this new charge. Did I read something to do with Monday? MOO.

With the various bankruptcies in the L and O families, I wonder who had the financial means to come up with $100,000 for the proposed reward? Also, surely the family and LE would have discussed the matter of offering a reward before it was announced to the media. Was there a lack of communication between LE and the family? Or was this a ploy instigated by LE? I agree with otto--there is something odd about the premature offer of a reward.

Any news on DG's elderly parents, has it been confirmed they are camping somewhere? Now I'm worried for their safety as well :(

Perhaps he has a deep seated delusion over this accident.

Any news on DG's elderly parents, has it been confirmed they are camping somewhere? Now I'm worried for their safety as well :(

funny my husband and I were just talking about this exact thing.

This case is bizarre. So....instestuous its hard to figure out whoes who. I wish we could do a Family Tree of sorts.

With the various bankruptcies in the L and O families, I wonder who had the financial means to come up with $100,000 for the proposed reward? Also, surely the family and LE would have discussed the matter of offering a reward before it was announced to the media. Was there a lack of communication between LE and the family? Or was this a ploy instigated by LE? I agree with otto--there is something odd about the premature offer of a reward.

Both of NO's parents work for an oil company, therefore probably have large salaries. I'm sure family and friends would help them come up with reward money if it meant getting their son back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too wondered about the amount of the reward, how did the family come up with that high amount? JMO

Just thinking, wasn't there a camper or trailer on the Garland property yesterday?

I am worried about them as well. I know DG's mom was alive in April of this year as she was quoted in the Airdrie paper.

Swedie, it is my understanding the two children died due to a vehicle accident caused by DG. Can anyone confirm this please. Thanks

I hope this is taken in the spirit it is intended. I don't want to see this thread put on a time out.

YOU need to confirm for yourself stuff that you post - BEFORE you post it - and at that time, supply your links from MSM - otherwise it is rumors. Saying you 'understand something to be true' can lead to a whole lot of confusion and misinformation.

Last night a few eager contributors starting posting information that many of us were already aware of, but did not disclose - because it could not be confirmed properly. There was also misinformation being posted because of misreading stuff outside this site and posting it here as fact.

Please lets not be so eager to share stuff that can't be backed up. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97