Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one really took that neighbour seriously after this interview happened. Like 5+ people and cameras (including myself) crowded outside the truck to listen to him talk. You can't see everything in the clip but he contradicted himself a few times and admitted he didn't know much about the family and spoke to them last 3 years ago and it was very brief. Also he didn't see anything firsthand, he's just going off hearsay from his wife. Some of the reporters decided they weren't going to use any of his quotes because of that alone.

He also went on a rant about how once he was on a tv show about hockey and they filmed at his property and he thought it was just so fun. He just wanted his mug on TV :p he hardly knew much, and he sought out the cameras. Reporters there talked to more credible people but they weren't so eager to jump on camera like this guy was.

A different neighbour. Not the guy in the video.
JN from the video was at the stampede performing when the SWAT team staged at his house to go in to get the green truck guy.

I'm sure he is probably in shock and was probably fairly accurate about what his wife told him

Thanks for all the on the scene WS reporting and pictures. We all really appreciate it, Kittymeow

Has anyone found any connection between the missing three, and this property? It seems so random, but random things like this are so rare.

JN from the video was at the stampede performing when the SWAT team staged at his house to go in to get the green truck guy.

I'm sure he is probably in shock and was probably fairly accurate about what his wife told him

Thanks for all the on the scene WS reporting and pictures. We all really appreciate it, Kittymeow

Well I don't think he was making things up or anything. I think maybe exaggerating a smidge how much he knew firsthand but seemed to be trying to accurately repeat what his wife said and what he felt about it. He just seemed really camera happy compared to some other neighbours who felt uneasy about going on camera lol so that's why I kind of perceived him differently than the others. But I did look him up just now and he's a stampede chuckwagon racer and I guess a known Airdrie philanthropist so maybe it's just in his nature to be comfortable speaking on camera :)

So know one know s the address to the place where the police are?

My photos from the scene. Can't really see anything different than any of the media photos/videos out there right now but I did make a point to try and get close ups of the different vehicles near the driveway entrance.

I'm so sorry about my finger being in front of the pictures for some of these! I had my screen on low brightness to save battery but I couldn't see anything I was shooting lol.

A panorama of the area. Go to the link to view... don't wanna post here and make the page expand for everyone.
http://oi62.tinypic.com/wc1ttt.jpg

All the media vehicles lined up.
4lk0lj.jpg

Some of the LE vehicles lined up along the driveway.
qzeir8.jpg

The vehicle in front is a "tactical vehicle". Forensics vehicle is behind it.
i5ryg8.jpg

Closer view of those vehicles.
mwupuh.jpg

Rear view of the tactical vehicle. Random supplies inside.
bcups.jpg

RCMP tactical trailer. More supplies in there. It's hard to see but I mostly saw rakes, which were being used by the grid searchers in the field.
ei340g.jpg

Trailer again, and then the forensics vehicle in the background.
3586wrr.jpg

Closeup of the driveway entrance.
20a3r0l.jpg

Media taking photographs of the grid search. This was when the search team had been paused in one spot for a few minutes and then put up a red flag, so everyone started taking photos.
65bp0h.jpg

Enjoy!

Just wondering if LE was searching the Calgary area looking for evidence that someone had been watching the house--cigarettes, pop bottles, etc--small things that could potentially show that someone who claimed to have never been there, was, in fact there. After the Alexis Murphy investigation found lost cell phones, and a hair that helped focus the case, it seems really important to look for things which might have been lost in a struggle and hard to find in the dark by having a repetition of the search at different times of day.

If the motive was robbery and perhaps the situ then went sideways however I just can't understand why someone would rob this Family's home who lives 40 miles away as the items they were selling were basic household stuff. If the POI is involved, perhaps its a drug habit and they needed the cash, otherwise it doesn't make sense. JMO

Did you get the number on the green sign. 5th photo down?

After this much time has passed searching this property, I really don't think that LE will discover the family there. Hopefully they will find some kind of evidence, but how likely would it be that a guilty person would dispose of three bodies on his own property? I think the search will have to continue beyond this lead.
From this article 2nd paragraph down it says the green truck was found by the police in the driveway Hmm JMO but IF the guy is connected to the disappearances wouldn't he have at least hidden the truck? I wonder if he knew his was the truck they were looking for? Just wondering out loud again :) http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/man-ta...ation-into-missing-boy-grandparents-1.1900748

I know people are thinking someone couldn't be so stupid- that he would hide the truck or wouldn't put the bodies on his property. But it's always amazing to me how stupid people are sometimes after they've committed a crime, even one where you think they might have planned carefully. I'm thinking in particular of a man who murdered his wife and then texted his girlfriend that 'the job was done' and they could now have their life together. The first thing police did was confiscate his cell phone and get the records from the phone company. He was charged within hours of his wife's death.

If the motive was robbery and perhaps the situ then went sideways however I just can't understand why someone would rob this Family's home who lives 40 miles away as the items they were selling were basic household stuff. If the POI is involved, perhaps its a drug habit and they needed the cash, otherwise it doesn't make sense. JMO

[modsnip]. Just speculation anyway. Who knows what the coming days will reveal about this POI.

Did you get the number on the green sign. 5th photo down?

Unfortunately no. That's the closest view I could get of that sign and I couldn't see it. Too bad the camera didn't pick up what it says either.

Or maybe the guy with the truck is a relative or friend of the perp/s involved. He went in when he was called to take away the perp/s and the pipes, or wires (resale as scrap metal), or valuables that they planned on looting from the home. They might not have just been planning to steal the cash and clean out the bank accounts. They might have planned on hitting residences they thought were unoccupied. Then something went very, very wrong.

Has anything been released about activity with AK's or LK's debit/credit cards or bank accounts? I don't recall seeing anything made public. Hopefully LE is following any activity in any of the accounts.

Can somebody post a photo of where this location is in relation to the town of Airdrie? I'm trying to get my bearings as I have spent time in Airdrie visiting friends and/or passed through on the way to Banff.

Nevermind, just saw the post above mine now :)

Thanks so much Kitty Meow for that great series of photos and your comments about what you saw developing in Airdrie.

I didn't notice any ambulances in the vehicles, and you hadn't mentioned seeing any. Hope that means there's still hope for a positive outcome in all this!

Can somebody post a photo of where this location is in relation to the town of Airdrie? I'm trying to get my bearings as I have spent time in Airdrie visiting friends and/or passed through on the way to Banff.

Nevermind, just saw the post above mine now :)

Airdrie is in bottom left corner.

Brzso0ZIUAAxqVj.png

Seeing all of the farm pics gives me a sick feeling, reminding me of the Tim Bosma case. :( I hope there is nothing even remotely similar, especially no copycatting, but this just seems all too familiar in a bad way. :( I hope I'm wrong. Kijiji. farm. truck. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay