Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't as the photo was posted on facebook, and the comments were on another forum, it's not MSM (or LE) therefore it is rumour. Can link and point where to look (use the posters initials), but we can'd discuss it unless it's MSM. If it is MSM facebook page you can link but not copy and paste.

I think.. lol I have made the error myself before. If unsure, ask a mod. ;)

Okay. I understand.

I think I will contact local media then with that photo and ask if they know more or can discover more. Maybe an article can happen from it.

yeah I'm wondering if someone, either an officer or hotel employee wrote that after receiving the photo. Or maybe the officer wrote it on an original copy and made photocopies with that writing on it? A hotel employee clearly cut the page in half so it would fit better and not interfere where it was taped on the desk. I'm guessing an RCMP officer just made multiple copies of those photos/flyers and passed it out with his card.

Are you going to have a look at what's going on today?

Okay. I understand.

I think I will contact local media then with that photo and ask if they know more or can discover more. Maybe an article can happen from it.

Excellent idea! :cheers:

There may be another angle to all of this, which goes back to a shooting in 2006 where a woman was shot and her breast implants saved her. It appears from what I can see on the report in the Calgary Herald of April 10, 2013 that the person who shot her (her 61 year old boyfriend), was due to be released in Mid December 2013 and if he had to go to a halfway house for 6 months, he would have been out by the third week in June of this year. Maybe a coincidence, but the woman (whose name has an extra S on the end), could and probably is related to AL. At the end of the article, there are social media comments, the last of which was from her daughter, who is on JO's friends list. I can't seem to get a link to post, so just do a search for this headline and you'll see who I am referring to.
Ex-boyfriend gets four-year sentence for shooting woman in breast implants

Interesting information.
Just to add, there are numerous articles about that case with the correct spelling of the last name...only one S. I also see the above mentioned on the list of FB friends of just about everyone on both sides of the O'B and L families.

Here is the link to the story, much interesting info there:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/1...ting-exs-implants-jailed-for-weapons-offences

New tents at the scene are for shade, as per twitter, I lost link, sorry

The Calgary Herald reporter, Erika Stark is tweeting this morning. She and a photographer are apparently up in the air overhead and has posted some pictures of what's going on right now on her twitter: https://twitter.com/erikamstark.

I'm so lost and confused on this case!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO - LE might have released the POI to follow him, just in case the Grandparents and Nathan can be located.

Thank-You to ALL the LE and reporters for doing an AMAZING job covering this highly unusual case.

The professionalism and commitment shown towards the victims and their families has been outstanding.

I have faith that absolutely everything possible is being done.

100% top notch.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1435209/p...f-interest-in-case-of-missing-calgary-family/

"On Saturday, a man who lives on the acreage was taken into custody for questioning. However, he was released on Sunday, but police maintain he remains a person of interest.

As no charges have been laid against him, officers are not releasing his name."

Interesting...
LE have been at the property and found nothing, release POI hoping he may slip up and lead them to the victims? Does it sound like they have kept his truck for now?

They are also trying to determine if a vehicle seized from the home is linked to the missing persons case.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1435209/p...f-interest-in-case-of-missing-calgary-family/

You know, we still dont know if the green truck is at all related to this crime. Just because it was seen on cctv does not mean anything.

The Calgary Herald reporter, Erika Stark is tweeting this morning. She and a photographer are apparently up in the air overhead and has posted some pictures of what's going on right now on her twitter: https://twitter.com/erikamstark.

Great aerial pictures.
JMO but my gut feeling is LE will not find any evidence at the farm sadly. Not sure what it all means though.
It could be a coincidence that the poi has a green truck and if it is true that AL and poi were known to each other, LE was doing due diligence in exploring the connection and farm.

Hello, everyone!

Apologies if this has already been posted, and I have no idea if this is remotely relevant, but a news item involving the Liknes' other daughter, Eileen, from a while back:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/1...ting-exs-implants-jailed-for-weapons-offences

"Chora was convicted of breaking into the home of an elderly Vulcan-area couple with whom he'd worked and holding them at gunpoint in the early morning hours after the shooting.

Later that same day he was arrested in Lethbridge and charged with two additional firearms charges.

Chora had fled to the home after his 9mm Beretta handgun accidentally discharged and struck his former girlfriend, Eileen Liknes, as he exited her car on Jan. 2, 2006 in Okotoks."

I'm wondering if the police tape is put up around something to or keep people further away?

My account was validated!!! I've been reading these threads, refreshing since 3pm pacific yesterday!!! I am totally hooked on this case, like I've never been before. I've never even visited this forum before yesterday. Something is way off here. I have a theory using some of the rumours that have not been validated by MSM, and I think NO was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or POI and AL were working together, and again, wrong place, wrong time. This does not read like a random crime at all. It was definitely targeted. MOO

Attention please

Do not take comments that were posted elsewhere and state them as fact here, that is considered rumor.

No more rumors, no more warnings, it may result in the loss of posting privileges.

Thank you,

Cp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members