Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got rid of front plates in 1991 so yes 23 years ago, they did it to save money.

That was me. I didn't pay as close attention to the truck as I should have because of a few rust spots but thinking back they were pretty minor and for a truck of that age would still make it very good condition. I described the driver of that vehicle to them as Caucasian, late 30's, with above shoulder length blond hair. He was heading north into Airdrie on the QE2 and ended up going west on Yankee Valley Blvd past Main street which is really out of the way unless you were going all the way around Airdrie to get to that acreage.

Awesome. Thank you. So no mention of resemblance to anyone?

I've been wondering - why are they grid searching the fields? Certainly they don't expect to find graves there or bodies (sorry) ? What could possibly be found in the fields that could lead them to OB and his grandparents, or tie DG to the crime? Belongings/clothing of the missing persons?

Who knows but I'm sure they have a very good reason otherwise there wouldn't be so many members (resources) participating.

Hmmm. That's interesting. I don't see it as a reflection. It's definitely a blurred object. But is it blurred due to editing or is it blurred due to being too close to the camera being out of focal range? ( such as something on the lens?) That is my question. I will say that I do not see it in any other photos there other than those two. Good eye.

Looks like something on the lens to me

No you do not need a front place anymore just a back. It has been that way for years.
It's hard to tell from the image of the Toyota, but it appears there is no license plate on the front which would be placed in the centre under the bumper. Quick question for you Albertians, is a front license plate required, is this information below correct and up to date? TIA. Just thought that if this was a stolen vehicle, someone may have removed the plates. MOO.

These Canada Provinces require a Front and Rear Issued License Plate
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Saskatchewan

These Canada Provinces only require a Rear Issued License Plate
Alberta
, Quebec, Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Yukon Territory

http://greenreality.wordpress.com/us-and-canada-state-and-province-license-plate-requirements/

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ga...lues+missing+persons+case/10007637/story.html

Second row of pics, 4th and 5th in from the left, has a blurry black box thingy. Is that possibly a reflection from some structure on the other shore, or something in the water that has been blurred out?

SB, if you look at the aerial photo here https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=z0X21RIu6oNg.ka5vwdhI2o9A

There appears to be 'dark spots' throughout that slough, which I think might be clumps of vegetation - that might be what we see in those photos? If you compare the two photos you identified to the photo at same link, third row, third from left - the far shore looks very 'blurred' as well. I think it is possible that the camera focus is on the foreground and the background is blurred. JMO, HTH

Does anyone know off hand if this property being searched right now belongs to the Garlands?

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/cms/binary/10006211.jpg?size=620x400s

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ga...lues+missing+persons+case/10007637/story.html top photo retrieved from this link.

In the first link there is a women and man directly behind the dog handler standing beside the vehicle. Could this be a family member who brought some articles of clothing for the dog to reference or could it be the property owners if this is not DG property they are searching presently? The two people do not appear to be LE as the lady is wearing what looks like a short sleeve black shirt and jeans and looks distressed.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ga...lues+missing+persons+case/10007637/story.html

Second row of pics, 4th and 5th in from the left, has a blurry black box thingy. Is that possibly a reflection from some structure on the other shore, or something in the water that has been blurred out?

Definitely looks like a reflection of something on land. Same wave patterns as the water it is reflected in. Perhaps it's a reflection of the toyota.

ETA: I was thinking of this photo from yesterday, but the truck isn't leaving a reflection... so not the truck.
1297580340576_ORIGINAL.jpg

:wagon: Interesting Dangeross. Did you manage to get the license plate #? So do you believe the truck belonged to the POI but someone else was driving it? Did the driver look more like AL the missing grandfather? It's been noted that the POI is balding. I would imagine his age, he may also have grey hair now as apposed to black he had years ago. What do you mean when you say "it's completely out of the way", out of the way of what? TIA and MOO.

By the time I saw the truck I was beside him and I was in the middle lane so I wasn't able to slow down to get behind. I pointed the truck to my wife and she put the doubt in my head because of the rust spots, while I was beside him I got a look at the driver and after that he was behind me. I was hoping that he would get ahead of my at some point as I was going to snap a picture but traffic in Airdrie kept him behind only allowing me to see where he went as I had to turn off on Main st and had my wife and child with me so I could not have followed him at all.

I saw out of the way as the acreage is just outside of the Airdrie city limits in the NE, to get there you would either take highway QE2 to the 3rd exit(Veterans blvd) east, or Yankee valley east to east lake blvd north to Veterans blvd.

Once he passed main street heading west he was taking the absolute longest way to get to that acreage, essentially all the way around Airdrie.

I've been following this tragic chain of events closely and have been waiting to get my account validated by the moderators.
IMO Investigators may just breaking for lunch but MAY be stalling to ensure that all materials are on hand to properly conduct the search and collect the findings. Also IF something of real interest has been found on this property before moving forward the crown would need to ensure that all legal documents are in place to conduct an extended search. Furthermore with the intense media coverage, the search may need to be stalled so family can be notified before it is widely reported on MSM.

I'm a newbie. I don't know if I am did this post right. All apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place or the wrong way.

Does anyone know off hand if this property being searched right now belongs to the Garlands?

with the water? I don't think so. There is another house on large property and another road between the Garland's property and the slough.

From the Calgary Herald Live Blog - http://live.calgaryherald.com/Event...Brien_and_his_grandparents/mobile?theme=12968

An update from Herald reporter Reid Southwick:

At about 1 p.m. the forensics investigators and dozens of officers conducting a grid search of the area returned to nearby vehicles. Police said they were taking a lunch break and would be reassigned in the afternoon.

Reassigned to this current search, or reassigned as in the search is over for today I wonder?

chopper2_1.jpg

An aerial view of the police investigation taking place on rural land near Airdrie on Monday, July 7th, 2014.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1436203/missing-family-search-investigators-spend-third-day-searching-rural-land/

Lucas Meyer ‏@meyer_lucas 1m

CPS K-9 Unit coming back out #AmberAlert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members