Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spotted the green truck on Friday around 4:30PM. His acreage is NE of Airdrie and he was heading West on the south end of town which seems odd as its completely out of the way. I say he loosely also as the man I saw in the truck was not the man in the sketch. I called this in shortly before 5PM to crimestoppers.

How long have this been on this possible lunch break?

Are there forensic divers on site? Maybe they are breaking while waiting for their arrival if something was determined to be further investigated by the two forensics who arrived this morning. Just speculating.

I think there was a picture posted of forensic divers arriving from one of the news crews that's on scene. They had an inflatable raft in their hands. Or, would that be another type of searcher?

It does seem a little off-putting that they'd take a lunch break, but, IMO, they can only do careful, focused, meticulous work if they keep themselves fueled and hydrated. There is no room for error here.

Kind of my thoughts as well.

It's hard to tell from the image of the Toyota, but it appears there is no license plate on the front which would be placed in the centre under the bumper. Quick question for you Albertians, is a front license plate required, is this information below correct and up to date? TIA. Just thought that if this was a stolen vehicle, someone may have removed the plates. MOO.

These Canada Provinces require a Front and Rear Issued License Plate
British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Saskatchewan

These Canada Provinces only require a Rear Issued License Plate
Alberta
, Quebec, Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Yukon Territory

http://greenreality.wordpress.com/us-and-canada-state-and-province-license-plate-requirements/

I spotted the green truck on Friday around 4:30PM. His acreage is NE of Airdrie and he was heading West on the south end of town which seems odd as its completely out of the way. I say he loosely also as the man I saw in the truck was not the man in the sketch. I called this in shortly before 5PM to crimestoppers.
Hi Danger Ross, I read your post on another forum a few days ago. Did you not say there, that the driver resembled AL? Also that the truck had some rust which didn't tie into "very condition" per media posts? Or are you, perhaps, yet another person who saw the vehicle in the early hours before dawn? Welcome to WS

It's hard to tell from the image of the Toyota, but it appears there is no license plate on the front which would be placed in the centre under the bumper. Quick question for you Albertians, is a front license plate required, is this information below correct and up to date? TIA. Just thought that if this was a stolen vehicle, someone may have removed the plates. MOO.

British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Saskatchewan

Alberta

http://greenreality.wordpress.com/us-and-canada-state-and-province-license-plate-requirements/

Used to be that farm vehicles that were just used on the farm itself didn't have to be licensed. Don't know if that still applies.

It does seem a little off-putting that they'd take a lunch break, but, IMO, they can only do careful, focused, meticulous work if they keep themselves fueled and hydrated. There is no room for error here.

perhaps this was stated to keep us 'lurkers' distracted. :gaah:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-garland-makes-1st-court-appearance-1.2698568
"A homicide detective and Nathan's father were also in court. The father did not talk to reporters".

What can be made of the fact that a homicide detective attended the court appearance today for DG? as opposed to a missing persons detective or simply a detective? As well, if I may add that the father did not speak with reporters to for instance make an appeal. Does this imply the family has information that would prevent the family from making further appeals et al?

so far it's been about 40 mins...they are probably allotted an hour. it's +24 in Airdrie last time I looked.

God bless you for calling it in and Welcome!

Alberta

That is correct- Alberta doesn't require a front licence plate!

Alberta

That is correct - a front license plate is not required in Alberta.

Hi Danger Ross, I read your post on another forum a few days ago. Did you not say there, that the driver resembled AL? Also that the truck had some rust which didn't tie into "very condition" per media posts? Or are you, perhaps, yet another person who saw the vehicle in the early hours before dawn? Welcome to WS

I think there was a picture posted of forensic divers arriving from one of the news crews that's on scene. They had an inflatable raft in their hands. Or, would that be another type of searcher?

I saw the photo as well but did not see any diving equipment with the two men carrying the inflatable raft.

Quick question for you Albertians, is a front license plate required, is this information below correct and up to date?

Front plates have not been required for a long time in Alberta. I would guess maybe 15 years or more.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ga...lues+missing+persons+case/10007637/story.html

Second row of pics, 4th and 5th in from the left, has a blurry black box thingy. Is that possibly a reflection from some structure on the other shore, or something in the water that has been blurred out?

Hmmm. That's interesting. I don't see it as a reflection. It's definitely a blurred object. But is it blurred due to editing or is it blurred due to being too close to the camera being out of focal range? ( such as something on the lens?) That is my question. I will say that I do not see it in any other photos there other than those two. Good eye.

That was me. I didn't pay as close attention to the truck as I should have because of a few rust spots but thinking back they were pretty minor and for a truck of that age would still make it very good condition. I described the driver of that vehicle to them as Caucasian, late 30's, with above shoulder length blond hair. He was heading north into Airdrie on the QE2 and ended up going west on Yankee Valley Blvd past Main street which is really out of the way unless you were going all the way around Airdrie to get to that acreage.

:wagon: Interesting Dangeross. Did you manage to get the license plate #? So do you believe the truck belonged to the POI but someone else was driving it? Did the driver look more like AL the missing grandfather? It's been noted that the POI is balding. I would imagine his age, he may also have grey hair now as apposed to black he had years ago. What do you mean when you say "it's completely out of the way", out of the way of what? TIA and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member