Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DG was sentenced to 3 years 3 months imprisonment in 2000

http://globalnews.ca/news/1436203/m...igators-spend-third-day-searching-rural-land/

Before that, he was living under an assumed name working for companies as an employee in BC

http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/...2005/03/03/garland-v-m-n-r-2005-tcc-176.shtml

It's my guess then that it's after that, the last 10 years, 2004-2014 or so DG might have gone into business with AL, who is 12 years his senior. Someone with a criminal record and professional level skills does not find many job opportunities. DG would have to make his own opportunities after screwing up that large. DG and AL worked together and somehow DG perceives that he got the short end of the stick out of it. The wounds are fresh.

Yes it's the Sun but that video clip from the Sun News Network refered to DG as a kind of criminal mastermind. He was smart enough to know that the best time to get revenge on someone is after they have had 300 people in their home. LE asked those who attended the sale to come forward and only about 1/4 did http://www.calgaryherald.com/Amber+Alert+Timeline+events/10005882/story.html

Also note by the timeline, this crime was discovered Monday morning and LE focused on Airdrie Friday afternoon. DG had a full work week to cover his tracks.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/3663421959001#3663439720001

Sun News: Prime Time

Missing Calgary Family Mystery

July 7, 2014 20:42

Transcript
Rough Draft
This is not an official transcript, and is not connected to any of the persons involved.
All errors are my own.

News Anchor Michael Coren = MC Correspondent = Marc Patrone

Would you mind also posting the transcripts that you've transcribed on the media links page? I think they are an important record of the information that is available at this time. There will be a trial at some time in the future, and these interviews might completely disappear in the interim.

http://globalnews.ca/national/program/global-national/

I have been searching other videos of the searched area. At the above time of 2:20. I don't see those building in any of the other videos. The trap covering I would think is hay bales I have not seen either. All the building looked older in the POI search. Where was the actual truck found? JMO

Out of the blue question here while thinking of the pastor ... anyone know what church, if any, DG and/or parents may have attended?

I hear of this business venture between AL and DG, and apparently it went bad,.. Seems everyone seems to assume that AL owed DG money... What if DG owed AL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely agree they are limiting their online presence. And maybe there is nothing behind it. I just feel like if they had no information they would be spreading the word as much as they could to try and keep information coming in.

Also I suppose they may also be posting things that aren't public.

From what I've seen of the family members on FB, doesn't appear as any of them use fb much. Maybe they just assumed friends would spread the word regardless. I do think the family had a fairly good idea who was behind this. As I posted my thought way back, I wonder if DG went missing for a few days and that is why LE never got to him sooner (five days after the fact). Putting out the image of his truck was a way for the public to be on the look out for him as LE couldn't locate him. MOO.

Out of the blue question here while thinking of the pastor ... anyone know what church, if any, DG and/or parents may have attended?

I'm on my phone so it's a little hard to find the link now but I recall a google search brings up an obit wherein DG's mother leaves a condolence on behalf of a group of church ladies. There may also be a few other mentions of church activities under this same search.

I hear of this business venture between AL and DG, and apparently it went bad,.. Seems everyone seems to assume that AL owed DG money... What if DG owed AL?

Oh my, LoyalSleuth. Good thinking. I have wondered why DG would let himself get involved if he is not the perp. JMO but I have been trying to settle that in my mind.

From what I've seen of the family members on FB, doesn't appear as any of them use fb much. Maybe they just assumed friends would spread the word regardless.

Not only that, but I can imagine although people are trying to be comforting, seeing message upon message, comment after comment, and probably a barrage of friend requests would be extremely overwhelming. That's JMO.

With regard to facebook, aren't some things like posts not visible to those that are. OT friends. For example pictures and comments will be read by public but private posts are not visible to everyone. I know I have seen that before.

I think I'm confuzzled..Not sure of this post SD. Are you questioning me or answering me something else? :) I was the first to link that DG's parents are alive (page 15, post #371), as someone posted they were worried about them. I found a tweet from BMacF and posted it. Then someone (IIRC kittymeow) later posted DG's parents were ok and mod ColdPizza asked them for a link. I was just linking for mod. I think it's time to walk the dog and get some fresh air. ;) You're doing a great job SD!

Sorry if I offended, and you're right the important part is that they are alive, and anyone who knows of them could verify this.

I expect that DG's parents are not allowed to be at the property while the warrant is being served.

It was said that DG used fake ID on July 4, do we know what that was? Where it was?

I hear of this business venture between AL and DG, and apparently it went bad,.. Seems everyone seems to assume that AL owed DG money... What if DG owed AL? k

It seems odd that they'd be involved together in ANY type of business venture. Would DG have had any money to invest? I think it rather unlikely. I can't imagine that AL would want a fugitive, with a criminal record, who was mentally unstable, to go into a business with him.

It was said that DG used fake ID on July 4, do we know what that was? Where it was?

I don't think we have seen any proof of exactly how this happened, just that the charges relate to this.

I have assumed he misrepresented himself to an officer on Friday when LE came to his home or that the ID was found during the initial search.

It seems odd that they'd be involved together in ANY type of business venture. Would DG have had any money to invest? I think it rather unlikely. I can't imagine that AL would want a fugitive, with a criminal record, who was mentally unstable, to go into a business with him.

I ponder that maybe AL did have recent contact with DG since they had a working relationship previously albeit unsuccessful but perhaps with the latest funds from the sale of AL's home they were going to try to do another venture get rich scheme together. Strange bedfellows make.

On the 4th LE described a truck and asked for tips. On the 5th they were at DG's farm based on a tip. Whatever DG did that required he show ID, it seems to have occurred on the day before he showed up on LE's radar. Perhaps we don't know the whole story here and DG made contact with LE the day before they began the search of the farm.

July 4: In the most revealing update yet from police, Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus says a violent struggle occurred inside the Liknes’ home before the three went missing. Police are searching for a green Ford F150 made in the late 1980s or early 1990s that was seen driving around Parkhill several times during the night of the disappearance.

July 5: Dozens of police officers fan out in the area around the Liknes’ home. The search is complete a few hours later. Soon after, a large police presence is seen at an acreage in the rural northeast corner of Airdrie, and in the evening, police confirm that the massive search at the property is related to the investigation. Police find a green truck matching the description of the one seen near the Liknes’ home at the scene and take one person in for questioning.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Amber+Alert+Timeline+events/10005882/story.html

Garland was discovered Friday at an acreage owned by his parents near Airdrie, northeast of Calgary. Police were acting on a tip from the public about a green truck they had been looking for that led them to the site

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ch-of-garland-property-ends-for-day-1.2698568

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member