Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JanetDirks @janetdirks
Lawyer Kim Ross for Douglas Garland on charges of identity theft only. Garland is person of interest in #missingcase

BsH5vRpCcAEFEHK.jpg

https://twitter.com/janetdirks

Are the landfills the type where your vehicle goes on a scale and you pay on the way out? Just thinking they may have found a receipt, or possibly that a landfill employee recalls the vehicle.

The Shepard and East Calgary ones are so I am sure the Spy Hill one is too.

and why now are they suiting up? when they are 4 days into the search on the same farm. Why did they not do this the first day when they knew it was a farm.

Tuesday mornings even on public holidays and usually before moon

re. garbage... unless they are checking Spy Hill because that's where DG's garbage goes from the Airdrie acreage. When would it be picked up?

The number 2 highway only. And possibly the 'old' number 2, which runs parallel to it heading north toward Edmonton.

re. garbage... unless they are checking Spy Hill because that's where DG's garbage goes from the Airdrie acreage. When would it be picked up?

Acreage dwellers in Airdrie might have garbage pickup, but rural residents would not. Rural folk have burning bins.

Tuesday mornings even on public holidays and usually before moon

Thanks so much....I thought if it were Monday,a leaking garbage bag might have been dragged out to the roadside Sun night or Mon am.

Does anyone know what day garbage would be picked up ,on the L's street? What time of day? TIA

As an acreage in a rural area, there is no garbage pickup. There are burning barrels for paper, composting, and the owners make a trip to a dump of their choice to dispose of other waste. Given that the property was recently annexed into Airdrie, there might be garbage pickup, but it depends on when that happened and whether taxes are paid to Airdrie or Rockyview.

ETA: sorry, thought the question was about the acreage ... really should get back to work!

Search Sites and Calgary Area

Now that's a beautiful map .... and you can really get an idea of the many ways you could travel between Spyhill and Airdrie via back roads .... I'm sure you'd have a really good knowledge of them if you'd lived there since the 70's.

I am not sure they would have pick up services on that rural route. I will try to find out. Aaah I see Otto has answered. No pick up in rural area. The original question I answered was when would Al's garbage be picked up. That would be Tuesday and in that case it was Canada Day. Mine was picked up even though it was Canada Day

This question is really vague, but does anyone recall a fellow talking about seeing a green truck like the one in question, and thinking it was driving on an unusual route (back road or something)

Princess, could you please give back road directions that you would take between Spyhill and Airdrie. Thank you !!

The unusual route was once he was in Airdrie, he took the main highway into Airdrie. Here is a crude picture of what I mean. Black is the 2 normal routes, red was his route, yellow is where I saw him first. You can see he also passed Main street a 3rd option to get to his property so going that far west makes no sense.

GxtTfft.jpg

Good gravy what is going on in this case. I feel like this is becoming a sick and twisted joke.

Find these people, please!

and why now are they suiting up? when they are 4 days into the search on the same farm. Why did they not do this the first day when they knew it was a farm.

Could they be searching the building where DG had his mercury making production? Mercury is deadly.

Police have revealed the 'person of Interest' and missing grandfather had money dealings that soured
CBC News Posted: Jul 09, 2014 9:14 AM MT Last Updated: Jul 09, 2014 11:29 AM MT

Calgary police investigating the disappearance of five-year-old Nathan O'Brien and his grandparents say there is "bad blood" related to money between Douglas Garland, the "person of interest" in the case, and the missing grandfather.

Police say they are not aware of any specific business deals between Garland and Alvin Liknes, but money was involved.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...etween-douglas-garland-alvin-liknes-1.2701030

That was my inkling. I'm glad they have finally released that tidbit. Pits things into better perspective. Not a GOOD perspective but I'm less WTF US GOING ON?!?! Now that it's been confirmed.

I am not sure they would have pick up services on that rural route. I will try to find out. Aaah I see Otto has answered. No pick up in rural area. The original question I answered was when would Al's garbage be picked up. That would be Tuesday and in that case it was Canada Day. Mine was picked up even though it was Canada Day

My guess is that LE may suspect that evidence may have been stashed into a dumpster or left at another
random residence in order to be hauled away.

Most Calgarians wouldn't have searched dumpsters & garbage at the time of the Amber Alert. By now all grabage has gone to the dump and it is appropriate for LE to bring the search to these areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay