Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if you could help me with something Dangeross. On the other board you posted that you saw the truck go by at 4:30 AM yet on here twice you posted it as PM ?? Also on the other site you made a reference that the driver " looked like the grandfather " yet here you give a different description or one at least that doesn't mention the resemblance ?? Just wondering if you could clarify this for us , thx.

The unusual route was once he was in Airdrie, he took the main highway into Airdrie. Here is a crude picture of what I mean. Black is the 2 normal routes, red was his route, yellow is where I saw him first. You can see he also passed Main street a 3rd option to get to his property so going that far west makes no sense.

View attachment 54512

The unusual route was once he was in Airdrie, he took the main highway into Airdrie. Here is a crude picture of what I mean. Black is the 2 normal routes, red was his route, yellow is where I saw him first. You can see he also passed Main street a 3rd option to get to his property so going that far west makes no sense.

View attachment 54512
You could definitely connect to Spyhill via Yankee Valley then one of several North - South routes

Does the issue about the condition of his release relating to where he will reside imply that his parents will not allow him to live at the house? Does this imply that they believe he is involved in some way based on the circumstantial evidence the general public may not be privy to?

On the other hand how could he afford a $500 an hour criminal lawyer without assistance from his presumably wealthy parents?

Does the issue about the condition of his release relating to where he will reside imply that his parents will not allow him to live at the house? Does this imply that they believe he is involved in some way based on the circumstantial evidence the general public may not be privy to?

I would think that he can't be at his parents' property simply because it's actively being searched by LE.

Followed by Reid Fiest
Ted Rhodes‏@woodstockrhodes·3m
#amberalert #yyc Hazmat activity at the Garland farm

View attachment 54509

IMO, that hazmat suit is different from the white hazmat suits LE were wearing a few days ago. That is oxygen so they are rummaging through dangerous chemicals, at a minimum. Additionally, if LE is in that kind of suit, that is why the ambulances are there.

Could it be that there is another 'lab' on the premises? (Past behavior can be indicative of future behavior).

It's in NW Calgary...I believe Spy Hill is also where the correctional facility is located...but I'm not positive.

First post - so hopefully am doing it correctly. Spy Hill landfill is in Northwest Calgary but is the landfill where much of Calgary's garbage goes. Not related to the correctional facility.

Police have revealed the 'person of Interest' and missing grandfather had money dealings that soured
CBC News Posted: Jul 09, 2014 9:14 AM MT Last Updated: Jul 09, 2014 11:29 AM MT

Calgary police investigating the disappearance of five-year-old Nathan O'Brien and his grandparents say there is "bad blood" related to money between Douglas Garland, the "person of interest" in the case, and the missing grandfather.

Police say they are not aware of any specific business deals between Garland and Alvin Liknes, but money was involved.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...etween-douglas-garland-alvin-liknes-1.2701030

It's interesting that Allen Liknes, AL's son, told a reporter that it didn't end on a bad note. Unless the reporter misunderstood.

"Douglas worked for Alvin but apparently when that business faltered the working relationship ended. It didn't end on a bad note though apparently. Allen last saw Douglas Garland at Thanksgiving at his in-law's last fall, but he noted, he said Douglas was a bit of a loner and he didn't speak to him that much."

http://globalnews.ca/news/1438148/mi...rs-fourth-day/

Audio 1:26

We spoke to Allen Liknes who is the son of the missing Alvin Liknes. He is married to Garland's sister, and so he told us today on the phone that he was surprised the family was to see Douglas Garland's green pickup or what appeared to be his pickup in the pictures last Friday. He doesn't believe Douglas Garland and his father, Alvin, have spoken in about seven years. Douglas worked for Alvin but apparently when that business faltered the working relationship ended. It didn't end on a bad note though apparently. Allen last saw Douglas Garland at Thanksgiving at his in-law's last fall, but he noted that, he said Douglas was a bit of a loner and he didn't speak to him that much.

I wonder if you could help me with something Dangeross. On the other board you posted that you saw the truck go by at 4:30 AM yet on here twice you posted it as PM ?? Also on the other site you made a reference that the driver " looked like the grandfather " yet here you give a different description or one at least that doesn't mention the resemblance ?? Just wondering if you could clarify this for us , thx.

I just checked my posts on the other site and never referenced AM, they all say about 5 with no mention of AM or PM so to clarify I saw her around 5PM. Also I never said the driver looked like the Grandfather I said Caucasian, above shoulder length blond hair, late 30's. This is how crazy theories get started.

You could definitely connect to Spyhill via Yankee Valley then one of several North - South routes

Yes, Yankee Valley west does link up to the back highways that would lead you to Spyhill but from my time of spotting and the time they were at the acreage it doesn't make sense, also I'm sure spyhill closes at 5PM on Fridays. Airdrie has its own Garbage transfer site that possibly gets transported to Spy Hill, I would be interested to see if they checked there.

There must be something in the employment contracts that ensures safety of employees in work environments where there could be health risks (such as exposure to dangerous chemicals). Since the search area is 30-45 minutes from the nearest hospital, it's better to have an ambulance on site than to have an emergency situation where there is a 1-1.5 hour delay in receiving treatment.

Otto, you're right. I just saw the image that was posted of LE wearing the hazmat suit w/oxygen and posted that would be why. Dangerous/hazardous materiel.

On the other hand how could he afford a $500 an hour criminal lawyer without assistance from his presumably wealthy parents?

As QuestionMark pointed out.. pro-bono...incredibly high profile case for Kim Ross... can't buy this kind of "free" publicity.

Ok thanks it must have been someone else then that gave a similar description at the same time.

I just checked my posts on the other site and never referenced AM, they all say about 5 with no mention of AM or PM so to clarify I saw her around 5PM. Also I never said the driver looked like the Grandfather I said Caucasian, above shoulder length blond hair, late 30's. This is how crazy theories get started.

Yes, Yankee Valley west does link up to the back highways that would lead you to Spyhill but from my time of spotting and the time they were at the acreage it doesn't make sense, also I'm sure spyhill closes at 5PM on Fridays. Airdrie has its own Garbage transfer site that possibly gets transported to Spy Hill, I would be interested to see if they checked there.

That was another sighting and tip called in from someone on the outdoorsman forum

Her? The driver was female?

What's the word on the ambulance going to the property? I've missed a lot today wow... still have to go look up what happened with DG in court today.

Could they be searching the building where DG had his mercury making production? Mercury is deadly.

And the zinc phosphide he was enquiring about last fall is poisonous. I could see him ordering it for gopher control on the farm, but it seems he had never ordered it before. Am also curious regarding him looking for the manuals for the vertical mill. That is a very heavy, large piece of equipment and it would be interesting to know where it is located.

Has anyone been able to determine where his Site 3, RR2 property is located? My sleuthing seems to put it in/around the Mustang Lane, Appaloosa Lane or Pinto Lane area, on the east side of 291, but perhaps it is an alternate addy used for the Garland property on the west side of 291??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member