Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erin Lawrence @tvchick13CTV
Searchers trying to beat the heat, and intense stench in #FindNathan search of Spy Hill Landfill.

BsIGcTfCEAExMVS.jpg

https://twitter.com/tvchick13CTV

<rsbm>

Hate to say it SweetCat, but that was why I'm enquiring about the vertical mill :(

It was said earlier on that they did burn/incinerate their garbage on their property. (they being the Garland's - as many rural people do)

The three landfills don't open up until 7:30am, so if he did murder all 3 family members and wanted to get rid of them in the landfill, did he load up his truck with other stuff from their house and drive to one of the 3 landfills and made it look like he was dumping garbage? The only problem with this is you would think a lot more people would have noticed the truck, especially if he drove across town from the Liknes house to Spy Hill Landfill to wait for 7:30. And the landfills are also monitored by cameras. Now if he went to the other 2 Landfills might have been a little less traffic but I am sure he still would have been seen..

IF DG is the guy (note I said IF.... he hasn't been charged) and IF he is as smart as has been reported I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go to the dump himself. He would deposit all eveidence in a dumpster or into someone elses trash.... OR he would burn them. Most likely he went to some remote area NOT on his property to dispose of the victims and then did the cleanup (washed down his truck, clothing etc.) at home. That is my guess.

So even if we dismiss DG's rather colourful legal past as by-gones I think there is still enough to put him at the top of the suspect list. Don't under estimate the significance of seeing a rather rare truck that matches one he happens to own on video on multiple occasions around when the crime occured. Combined with the family/business connection--- it is as close to a smoking gun one can expect without finding a body.

Again...why drive something to a landfill and risk being seen or on record when you could just burn the garbage? We know from the neighbor someone at the property was burning garbage on Wednesday right?

Spy Hill =massive landfill w/dozens vehicles coming & going. Would be interesting to learn what led police right here

The landfill has a system in place for dumping so they would know which sections had been dumped in on what days and they would be able to lead police to specific areas of interest based on a range of days.

Again...why drive something to a landfill and risk being seen or on record when you could just burn the garbage? We know from the neighbor someone at the property was burning garbage on Wednesday right?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...algary-30-June-2014-4&p=10715452#post10715452

A friend of mine lives very very close to the acreage, he mentioned today (and to the police of course) on Tuesday night he woke in the middle of the night and noticed the lights on in the greenhouse at the acreage which struck him as odd, he said they always burn their garbage also and the following morning they were burning garbage the entire day. None of this would be completely out of the ordinary without knowing the circumstances we know now.

If the Gs were away camping, this burning would seem to be done all day by DG (unless there is someone else lives in the home)

(Sorry, the single quote feature doesn't appear to be working .. it's post #251 in the above url)

Maybe. AL doesn't necessarily sound like an upstanding citizen himself. It sounds like he and KL were good at tapping into their "warm market". The oil business is boom and bust. Anyone investing in any venture like that (or even in the energy sector through a reputable investment firm) knows that it's a volatile market and you take your chances. It's one thing for everyone to "lose their shirt". It's not ok when the lead man walks away, by appearances unscathed, and everyone else gets burned.

I hear you, Andromeda. But how do we know for sure that Alvin wasn't an upstanding citizen? Did I miss something?
I know Calgary/Edmonton intimately, and know for sure that the 'new money' families of the oil patch do not own furniture from the 1980's, or live in homes that have never been remodelled. In Calgary, kids throw away last year's bike when they get a new one. Successful people don't overprice a plant they have had for 20 years, and try to sell it for extra $$(as per the L's Kijiji ad).
The real estate business as well as multi-level marketing, attracts dreamers, ... many entrepreneurs are gamblers, looking ahead and highly motivated to make their simple or financially troubled lives better. They DO tap into their 'centre of influence, or warm market' and that is a huge part of it all of the above mentioned businesses. People are intrigued by the idea of creating wealth in these particular industries. Who has_ever_ heard of someone hitting the jackpot in MLM?
I can't speak for the oil business, but know that people with a lot more financial clout than AL have lost in that particular game, and recently.
I don't believe the L's were walking away wealthy, as much as they may have wanted to give that impression.
I think of them as 'wannabe' entrepreneurs who used the value of their home as leverage, and it just didn't work out.

Erin Lawrence @tvchick13CTV
Searchers trying to beat the heat, and intense stench in #FindNathan search of Spy Hill Landfill.

BsIGcTfCEAExMVS.jpg

https://twitter.com/tvchick13CTV

Are they using dogs at the landfill? I havnt heard anything.
I cannot fathom what they could be looking for that can be found with a 5ft pole? I doubt they are expecting to happen upon a person so what are they looking for/expecting to find?! Are they just ticking boxes by being seen to search here?
Unless, its a diversion...I wonder if there is a larger gathering of LE somewhere else & the '7 officers' searching the landfill are a decoy?

I was thinking back to the first pics of the farm and there was a truck that looked green in those pics. However it looked like it had not moved in ages from the pics , at least that was the impression I got. It looked more like an abandoned truck.
So do we actually know if DG has a/ the green truck in working order and drives it ? Or was the neighbour talking about when he used to drive it ??
Just wondering because if that truck is abandoned / non working then that means we have another green truck out there and possibly another driver.

<rsbm>

IMO, they won't bring in dogs ... too many contaminants, way too dangerous for the furbabes.

Garland was charged with unlawful possession of identification and unlawful possession of a bank card after police took him for questioning Friday about the disappearance June 30 of five-year-old Nathan O’Brien and his grandparents, Alvin and Kathryn Liknes.

The current charges against Garland are in connection with ID in Hartley’s name allegedly found in his possession when police took him into custody Friday.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/alberta/Person+interest+missing+family+case+could+released+Friday/10014971/story.html

Valerie Fortney
@ValFortney
The flurry of the morning has given way to a quiet afternoon at Airdrie acreage. pic.twitter.com/M6LufWFjvD
1:38 p.m. Wed, Jul 9

Twitter
By: Valerie Fortney @ValFortney

I cannot fathom what they could be looking for that can be found with a 5ft pole? I doubt they are expecting to happen upon a person so what are they looking for/expecting to find?! Are they just ticking boxes by being seen to search here?
Unless, its a diversion...I wonder if there is a larger gathering of LE somewhere else & the '7 officers' searching the landfill are a decoy?

7 cops on a decoy mission? I want my taxes back

In theory, given that they wanted to know what was taken from the home by purchasers at the estate sale, one could speculate that they wanted to decipher what was taken from the home by non-purchasers. Shower curtains and carpets are things that can be found by scraping through garbage with a 5' pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298