Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this was already mentioned but why did LE focus on this one truck as being suspicious? Where was the camera located? Was it a well traveled road or a quiet side street? I know I often drive up the same road several times a day, running errands, dropping kids off at school, etc. So I'm sure my car is seen on camera somewhere along the way.

So why question about this truck in particular?

I wonder if there were tire tracks somewhere in the yard that matched a pickup truck kinda like 'My Cousin Vinny' and the tread analysis.

I also find it puzzling to drop a 5 year old off at 10pm for a sleepover. And why not the other kid?

The truck was seen many times through out the day/night. I think they would check any car seen multiple times to follow up.

Also NO was not dropped off , they were there all day and JO decided to let him stay for a sleep over.

Originally Posted by KMouse
I'm not a forensics expert. However, to see if the blood is XX or XY I would think that would come with the DNA analysis. I assume that is being done and they took swabs from the family so they can match up what they have.

I wonder of DG consented to be swabbed.
BBM ~ I doubt it. He seems to be the type to have lawyered up, and I would too. JMO

I would hope they removed something from his home that would have his DNA...toothbrush, hair brush, utensils in the sink, used soda can, etc...

Interesting. I wonder if DG had someone make his fake ID or if he made it himself? Total speculation...if DG was good at forging documents and someone paid him for new identity documentation..perhaps he would have to drive around while waiting for estate sale buyers or JO to leave in order to hand over the docs.

I believe he didn't forge them but simply applied for a birth certificate and SIN card in MH name and then got his drivers licence from that. This was years ago before it was hard to do.

Meghan Grant ‏@CBCMeg
Douglas Garland to face new charge Wed for unlawfully possessing a bank card. Unrelated to #AmberAlert - related to stolen ID charge #cbc

https://twitter.com/CBCMeg

Meghan Grant ‏@CBCMeg
Douglas Garland to face new charge Wed for unlawfully possessing a bank card. Unrelated to #AmberAlert - related to stolen ID charge #cbc

That is so strange that after that many years and being caught using someone else identity that he would still use it.

did we know this about the 3rd search area?

Brad MacLeod ‏@CTVBradMacLeod
Search moves West.Search concluded at a property owners say has been a hiding spot for past petty crimes #AmberAlert pic.twitter.com/hKvF1oiWFW

https://twitter.com/CTVBradMacLeod

Meghan Grant ‏@CBCMeg

It's almost like they are throwing spaghetti at a wall to see what will stick. My God, is that all they have?

I have faith in our LE, but......

Meghan Grant ‏@CBCMeg

Wonder who's bank card it is?

Here's some info. on fraud crimes in the criminal code of Canada.

MKH died October 30, 1980 and is buried Cardston, Alberta. So DG could have just gone to the cemetery and seen the grave, and chosen the identity at random.

I'm sorry if this was already mentioned but why did LE focus on this one truck as being suspicious? Where was the camera located? Was it a well traveled road or a quiet side street? I know I often drive up the same road several times a day, running errands, dropping kids off at school, etc. So I'm sure my car is seen on camera somewhere along the way.

So why question about this truck in particular?

I wonder if there were tire tracks somewhere in the yard that matched a pickup truck kinda like 'My Cousin Vinny' and the tread analysis.

I also find it puzzling to drop a 5 year old off at 10pm for a sleepover. And why not the other kid?

There's a camera at the end of the street on a house that is under construction. The truck was seen in the area several times between 10PM and 10AM on the night in question. On that basis, police published the vehicle description and requested the public to provide any information they had about the truck. Tips led to the property that is currently being searched.

The 5 year old and his almost 2 year old brother were with their mom (or parents) at the house. At 10PM mom and 2 year old went home, 5 year old stayed for a sleepover. We don't know if he had fallen asleep, or if he was simply going to enjoy a bit more time with his grandparents.

MKH died October 30, 1980 and is buried Cardston, Alberta. So DG could have just gone to the cemetery and seen the grave, and chosen the identity at random.

People used to read obituaries and do what DG did.

I wonder if there has been any activity at their condo in Mexico....

I'm a newbie too. The Liknes family disappearance has brought me to this site today.
This site is a specialized little think-tank ... so many critical thinkers in one place. I'm impressed by the dedication and the resolve to help shown by posters.
'Thinking only positive thoughts for all those involved.

About the truck, the truck "was seen in the area the night of the incident driving in the area several times" and "was spotted during the course of the evening and the course of when we [LE] believe the incident occurred"

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...algary-30-June-2014-4&p=10720186#post10720186

This is the location of the truck on the night of the murder

The camera would be on the house on the left ... the large house that is under construction

This is the relationship between the house, truck, camera, and T-intersection. The one way actually ends one block South and is not in effect where it is marked on this map

JMO but the oil and gas business is a mainstay regarding the economy of Alberta, many large companies buy the smaller junior companies out if they have something to offer. I have relatives in Calgary involved within this industry. and I can't figure this bankruptcy out.

Wow, it's really difficult to keep up when you have to step away from the computer for any amount of time!

Regarding dispute...someone posted on the very first thread (Sunday?) that they discovered that AL had a lot of sticks in the fire re buying/selling, being associated with oil companies/exploration/ventures. They (he?) speculated also that AL might have had a secret bank account and future plans didn't include KL. On July 2 police were handing out 'missing handout photos' ONLY depicting AL and NO. LE has been forthcoming that at least one of them were in medical distress (so maybe LE knew right off the bat that KL was the hurt one, but she was removed from the house to make it look like a home invasion and all three were victims). Some are speculating that the silver pick-up was used to transport the three of them and then a second vehicle was used to return the pick-up (Maybe the F150?). The first press conference where the parents pleaded to whomever had Nathan to let him go, they were firm about Nathan not suppose to have been there and just as firm about the fact that they "knew" he was out there somewhere and that they would see him again. Maybe they know that whomever has him wouldn't hurt him? Watching LE speak the next day, the PR officer said they learned a lot since the day before (press conference?) i.e., Nathan alive? Interesting that they didn't ask the parents to identify the F150 and went to the public to have them tell them where the truck, caught on CCTV, might be. Maybe LE hasn't been getting straight answers from the family and that's why it happened that way?

I think the previous poster was bang on. I think LE was a little too fast out of the gate with the first handout photo depicting only AL and NO. That they suspect it was KL who is gravely (?) hurt and that AL is in hiding with NO and using an underground means to flee (Canada?) which may be why LE is working with authorities in the US and other agencies (in Edmonton?), etc. The Amber Alert is a 'given', but still. It could be that AL used Garland ($= IOU?) to flee the house after that who knows..

People may not be talking much about the O and L family because the oil business/north is pretty 'tough'?

jmo

It would not surprise me if LE follow WS for leads and insight. Brilliant minds here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay