Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone had posted there was significant police activity near a gas station the same day/evening the body was found in the reservoir but there was no follow up on that that I recall reading. Maybe something was found at the landfill that came from the area of the gas station... or maybe that incident had nothing to do with the missing three at all.

Was there not any further news report on that body? I thought I had read that it was 'not suspicious'.. but now that I look it up again, I think that 'not suspicious' article was regarding a completely different date in the past?

Quite true. I just checked, and it has been stated that the body in the reservoir was not suspicious.

So Amber Alert cancelled means Nathan was located, correct?

That, or perhaps there is reason to believe that he will not be found alive.

This is the activation criteria:

1.Law enforcement must confirm that an abduction has taken place.
2.The child must be at risk of serious injury or death.
3.There must be sufficient descriptive information of child, captor, or captor's vehicle to issue an alert.
4.The child must be under 18 years of age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMBER_Alert

SO.... Amber Alert cancelled 'for NO', but no mention of the other 2 also included in the AA.
Cancellation can only mean, no longer missing.
If found alive, I'm sure it would be all over the news, because that would be a happy event.
DG under arrest in connection with THIS case this time.
Now a person is being referred to as a 'suspect' in this missing persons case, as opposed to a POI.
Ugh.

There was never an Amber Alert in place for the grandparents. The Amber Alert was only for the child.

Why would the AA be cancelled so fast? Why would that happen prior to Police issuing a statement?! Please have mercy and give us this family back... Alive!

:thinking: I pray for their families, and loved ones. Also hope LE gives us some crumbs this time.

I'm going to make a pot of coffee. Anyone else want a cup? Was going to take a nap, but I can't now.

Suggestion- Can just one or two people volunteer to post relevant info from the presser so that we aren't reading a large number of posts saying the same thing over and over again?

If the case is solved, kudos to the LE for not taking as long as the McStay family case (4+ years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18