Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I guess it counts as rumor for now. I distinctly remember someone posting a link so if anyone can find it that would be helpful.

I thought it said the parent's lawyer issued a statement that they were shocked and surprised and are doing 'as well as can be expected during this time'.

I know I read that somewhere, I just have to find it.
It was the parents' pastor from the Airdrie United Church and it was a Twitter link ... I'll try to find it later if I can but I'm at work [emoji3]

I agree. It would take a lot of strength to move AL, he must have been alive when he left the house.

I think upon entering the home NO was killed and AL and KL were taken from the home still alive.

That is the only scenario that would explain the 2nd degree charge.

I am assuming AL and KL would have been tied up somehow b/c AL could have easily overpowered DG.

This does not explain the drag marks. NO would have been easy to carry.

This does not explain the drag marks. NO would have been easy to carry.

I hate talking like this about a child but yes, he would have been easy to carry but that would risk DG getting covered in evidence...

KL could have been killed in the home too...

I think AL is a stretch but possible also.

Would it be inconceivable that DG lay on the bench seat of the F150 with a gun trained on an injured AL who was forced to drive; while KL and NO we're deceased or badly injured and either covered over in the truck bed or in the footwell in the cab? There was a post on another forum, mentioned in an earlier thread, of an F150 sighting with the driver closely resembling AL. A bit "out there" I know but I could use some help developing this theory.

This is an unthinkable nightmare and tragedy for all the poor victims as well as DG's elderly parents. To have a child die as the result of an accident, illness etc. must be a parent's worst nightmare but it is also horrible to have a son who has basically lived a life of crime. I read an article awhile ago that I think mentioned that DG's mother was involved with the Airdrie UCW and Airdrie United Church so they aren't Presbyterians. The article about a DG and an Airdrie Presbyterian Church would most likely be another DG. I know that our prayers go out to not only the victims' families but also to DG's parents and family.

Yes, family members of criminals are peripheral victims of the crimes - nowhere near the extent of the actual victims or their families, of course. So my heart does go out to DG's family. But I do hope that they are encouraging DG to make right what he can at this point and tell where the victims are -- that's assuming that there's even a shred of decency within him.

With DG's phone data, LE will know where his phone was at various points in time. Of course, DG could have left his phone at the farm and driven off somewhere without it. But I've wondered if the phone record show that in the days after the disappearance, DG's phone was only in the vicinity of the farm, and that's why the search was so extensive there.

Would this entire thread be better in "in the news" or "up to the minute" instead of missing. The cops did charge DG with murder.

I agree that a murder charge has been laid but IMHO, these poor victims are still missing since their remains have not been found. Should the remains be discovered, then I think that the thread would be moved to the 'located' forum. Please correct me if I'm wrong. TIA

I have a theory. Perhaps DG came to the house, was let in because they knew him, and after a bitter argument, he shot and killed AL. While threatening to harm NO, he forces KL to help him drag AL out of the house in a blood soaked bed cover (hence the drag marks). She would have done anything to protect NO. I think NO and KL were forced to leave the house alive after AL was killed. At this point, they were driven to another location where DG killed the remaining two. I also think there is a decent chance that the 3 bodies are not together. I also would be surprised if they are ever found.

I hate this so much! Another poster said that NO should be spending his week at the spray park and I have not been able to get that out of my head. That's exactly where he should be. :(

MOO

Have we heard about this at all? This is at the foot of the patent info:
LEGAL EVENTS
Date Code Event Description
11 Mar 2011 FPAY Fee payment
Year of fee payment: 8
12 Mar 2007 FPAY Fee payment
Year of fee payment: 4
15 Sep 2003 AS Assignment
Owner name: NORTHEN PRESSURE SYSTEMS INC., ALBERTA
Free format text: ASSIGNMENT OF ASSIGNORS INTEREST;ASSIGNOR:LIKNES, ALVIN;REEL/FRAME:013973/0239
Effective date: 20020605
Owner name: NORTHEN PRESSURE SYSTEMS INC. #1700, 700-6TH AVENUE

Same address as Winter Petroleum.

I was trying so hard to get through all the pages of that newspaper archive (thinking there *might* be an article about the crash), but I didn't see anything, and it only allows a certain amount of PDF views per day. Most of the paper was related to Alberta's 75th year and a bunch of memory-lane articles. If someone searched for the October 31 edition, maybe there is an article there? I was surprised MKH had his obituary published as it was the same day he died that it appeared in the paper (I'm guessing he died in the early hours of the morning). Don't quote me, but I was under the impression his sister died the day of the accident and he the day after. I don't remember where I read that, though.

I am not sure if anyone is near where the crash occurred, but hard copies of old newspapers are often kept at either the public library, the local museum/archive, or sometimes even at the newspaper themselves if it's a small local one. This is good research you're doing, because it can show whether DG was actually involved in MKH's death. Or, whether he was even in the vicinity.

So Cardston Alberta....
Birth: 15 March 1966
Marriage: Not Available
Death: 30 October 1980
Cemetery:
Cardston Cemetery
Cardston County, Alberta, Canada
If you look at "billion graves" online and use the name MKH, a photo of the gravestone is shown along with a map. Having trouble posting from my iPad. Hope this helps.

Yes, for sure something so tragic, two siblings dying in a car crash, would have been reported in the local paper, and possibly even a bigger newspaper. Don't forget, some local newspapers only publish weekly, so it may have taken time for the report to make it into the paper. As I've mentioned before, a local museum/archive may be able to help.

There is also the accident where Garland fell asleep at the wheel...Read it somewhere I think CBC has an updated Garland timeline...

It would be great to have confirmation of this accident. Otherwise, it's just something Garland said. Is there a link to the CBC updated Garland timeline?

I am not sure if anyone is near where the crash occurred, but hard copies of old newspapers are often kept at either the public library, the local museum/archive, or sometimes even at the newspaper themselves if it's a small local one. This is good research you're doing, because it can show whether DG was actually involved in MKH's death. Or, whether he was even in the vicinity.

I believe we covered this off a couple of times. The Hartley children's obituary has been posted on at least two threads one just a page or two back. There is no evidence that DG was in any accident let alone the one that involved the Hartley youngsters (may they rest in peace). I was able to copy the obituary from the Lethbridge Herald archives a couple of weeks ago and also an article about the accident so those have been reposted by another sleuth earlier today. It would appear that 14 year old MKH hit the half ton truck as opposed to someone falling asleep behind the wheel and hitting their vehicle. I imagine this is why the "no fault" driver of the half ton truck remains unnamed.

Good idea. I think that he may be smart enough to find a hiding place which is in no way associated with him. He's a criminal and thinks like one( though looking at all the convictions - not a successful one)

And yet, he always seems to return home to the farm, doesn't he?

Found this:
"Douglas Garland was living in B.C.’s Lower Mainland and working as a chemical mixer at the B.C. Institute of Technology.

He had managed to evade detection by stealing Matthew’s identity.

The teen was at the wheel of a car near his family’s ranch in Cardston, about 3½ hours south of Calgary, when he hit a half-ton truck. His sister, Jill Lorene Hartley, 12, who was riding with him was also killed."

http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...athan-obrien-charged-with-possessing-false-id

So as of yet, no connection to MKH's death and DG. My believe is there is no connection, and that DG simply found the obit in the paper, and used it to get his ID. The 'falling asleep at the wheel' claim is also not proven.

The same paper that the death notices were in, there was mention of the accident. Accident happened on the Wednesday.
http://newspaperarchive.com/ca/albe...ley&rtserp=tags/?pf=matthew&pl=kemper-hartley

View attachment 54962

Right! So now we know that DG did not 'fall asleep at the wheel' (at least here) and kill MKH and steal his identity. DG was merely an opportunist. In 1992 when he went on the lam, he either looked at old obits for an ID he could steal, or went to the graveyard and got the info of the grave marker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramsie101