Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says $$$$ raised in 14 days, so this may have been set up before anyone knew what happened.

Their goal was $100,000, so presumably it was initially set up to raise money for the reward.

The fundraising is intended for costs such as storage of the Parkhill house contents. I don't really understand that ... why would the house contents be put in storage ... is the family assuming that the victims will come back at some time?

The contents of the home have to be moved out, ... murders or not, the home is sold, and the sale has to proceed. It's in the finest of print on purchase contracts.

The contents of the home have to be moved out, ... murders or not, the home is sold, and the sale has to proceed. It's in the finest of print on purchase contracts.
They may have to even pay for repairs ... there will be cleanup as well. The police don't do that.

Sorry if already posted..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ian-search-called-off-over-backlash-1.2708571
"A civilian search effort in Airdrie to help find clues in the suspected killings of Nathan O'Brien and his grandparents, Kathy and Alvin Liknes, has been called off because of what organizers are saying is negative online backlash.

Searchers had been preparing to head out for their second effort since beginning yesterday but now say those plans will not be going ahead.

The Facebook page for the civilian search has now been taken down and organizers say the whole effort just got too big, too fast.

Organizers said they were being targeted online by people questioning their motives for searching and alleging that they were interfering with the police investigation."

They may have to even pay for repairs ... there will be cleanup as well. The police don't do that.

The sale must proceed, and the home is in fact already sold, but now, the house would be devalued from the price that was paid. I guess it is the risk that an owner takes when renting out a home though, could have happened to anyone.

That is so sad, and meanwhile, the convicts get to have their legal bills and incarceration costs all paid for by the working people. Just sickening. Anyway, I just wanted to say that although it is horrible to have to think about going back to work after losing a loved one(s), it is also often good to get back out to 'normalcy' and get your mind focussing on other things.

Absolutely! When my husband died I had to go back to work after 5 weeks because I couldn't afford to take longer. The sad reality is that, though your heart is torn apart, the kids still need to eat .... the bills still need to be paid ....

His parents were purported to be away on a camping trip ztzt

I am SO curious about the parents. Not a peep out of them. They had to have been the ones to give authorization to LE to search their land? How long have they been 'camping', and when are they to return? Are they supportive of their son? Do they have potential evidence (witnesses to any weird activities)? Have they been questioned? I just want to know they're alive! So many unanswered questions?

Their goal was $100,000, so presumably it was initially set up to raise money for the reward.

If the fundraising was for the reward they did a poor job of getting the message out because this is the first that anyone is hearing about the website and the first donations starting rolling in a day ago.

The reason I mentioned it seemed odd to me is that in many cases victims don't really talk to neighbours or friends about things like costs and finances in times like these. From my own personal experience, when my died last year I had various support from friends and lots of communication and what not but no one ever asked about financial support and I never saw fit to mention to them how much funeral costs are or burial costs etc.

Maybe I'm just being overly critical and maybe I'm getting the wrong impression here.

I hate talking like this about a child but yes, he would have been easy to carry but that would risk DG getting covered in evidence...

KL could have been killed in the home too...

I think AL is a stretch but possible also.

What are you basing this on? It's not anywhere near as difficult to move 200 pounds as everyone seems to think, especially if you're just dragging it.

I hope/believe the O'Briens' employer Cenovus is giving them as much time as they need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is the benefits page of Cenovus. It seems like a good package, and I would assume they would still have plenty of paid time-off. http://www.cenovus.com/careers/
Flexible benefits
Vacation time ranging from three to eight weeks
Two earned Fridays off each month for office staff
Annual allowance for whatever matters most to you

Here is the benefits page of Cenovus. It seems like a good package, and I would assume they would still have plenty of paid time-off. http://www.cenovus.com/careers/
Flexible benefits
Vacation time ranging from three to eight weeks
Two earned Fridays off each month for office staff
Annual allowance for whatever matters most to you

Ummm...that's not a good benefits package, that an incredibly great benefits package. That's very unheard of now adays.

What are you basing this on? It's not anywhere near as difficult to move 200 pounds as everyone seems to think, especially if you're just dragging it.

My opinion is that it was AL that was in medical distress at the home. I base this on: 1) Would DG have entered the house and THEN checked all the rooms before going to AL+KL's room? I assume it would be more likely that he went straight to their location, with NO waking upon hearing noise and going to his grandparents. 2) For LE to say it was very likely someone was in medical distress, but they didn't know who, leads me to believe that if anyONE could have been the 1 victim, the quantity of blood would be vast and that of the biggest person. KL+NO were small. AL was quite big. I have no medical training, this is just a guess that a medical distress on KL could be a non-threatening wound on AL. 3) AL appears to have been the target (business transactions). 4) What kind of psycho would hurt a kid first? 5) AL would have been the biggest threat. If DG had started with KL or NO, AL would have had to be controlled (either with major wound, or by threat of gunfire).

Sorry if already posted..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ian-search-called-off-over-backlash-1.2708571
"A civilian search effort in Airdrie to help find clues in the suspected killings of Nathan O'Brien and his grandparents, Kathy and Alvin Liknes, has been called off because of what organizers are saying is negative online backlash.

Searchers had been preparing to head out for their second effort since beginning yesterday but now say those plans will not be going ahead.

The Facebook page for the civilian search has now been taken down and organizers say the whole effort just got too big, too fast.

Organizers said they were being targeted online by people questioning their motives for searching and alleging that they were interfering with the police investigation."

Very happy to hear this. Despite their good intentions, civilian searchers could do more harm than good. I would hate for DG to get off because of some contaminated evidence because of this.

The sale must proceed, and the home is in fact already sold, but now, the house would be devalued from the price that was paid. I guess it is the risk that an owner takes when renting out a home though, could have happened to anyone.

Yes, the home will forever be branded and likely devalued for decades, no matter what upgrades are done. Maybe it will be torn down, as the Bernardo home was, and the Dicastro house. But then again, sadly, I have heard that there are people who want to buy these notorious properties for some sad, sick reason.

Sorry that may be true in some cases - there is no 'normalcy' for a long, long time to come!

My opinion is that it was AL that was in medical distress at the home. I base this on: 1) Would DG have entered the house and THEN checked all the rooms before going to AL+KL's room? I assume it would be more likely that he went straight to their location, with NO waking upon hearing noise and going to his grandparents. 2) For LE to say it was very likely someone was in medical distress, but they didn't know who, leads me to believe that if anyONE could have been the 1 victim, the quantity of blood would be vast and that of the biggest person. KL+NO were small. AL was quite big. I have no medical training, this is just a guess that a medical distress on KL could be a non-threatening wound on AL. 3) AL appears to have been the target (business transactions). 4) What kind of psycho would hurt a kid first? 5) AL would have been the biggest threat. If DG had started with KL or NO, AL would have had to be controlled (either with major wound, or by threat of gunfire).

It wouldn't be that unusual for a 5 year old to crawl into bed with his grandparents, being a little bit afraid of the dark, and not being in his own house. I am thinking they were all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties