Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he felt she took his parents from him so he would take family from her. Kind of two birds one stone as he was angry with AL. JMO

That's interesting. Given that the victims all directly relate to the suspect through both his sister and Alvin, I think that both connections could have influenced his decision to murder his sister's father in law, her nephew, her husband's stepmother, and his former a former business colleague (perhaps related to a patent).

Did the suspect's sister meet Alvin's son, and then Alvin decided to tap her brother's brain in connection with some patent ideas ... only to learn that he was a mentally unstable convict?

I just looked at KL's FB page and those Puzzle posts are making me crazy!! They must auto-post/advertise in her friend's news feed, but why oh why would her friends/family comment on these posts after the recent news? Maybe I would too if I was grieving, but (I think it's her brother) RP just commented on her puzzle:
'Hello
Call me'
It was posted 20 hours ago….kinda weird or maybe I'm reading way too much into this and still having hope myself.

GRAPHIC WARNING

If that is hope that the family is still alive. They are not. The medical examiner attended the scene the day that the victims were reported missing. There were drag marks spanning 24" of concrete. I've been thinking about that ... drag marks might mean blood. I'm thinking that a deceased person doesn't bleed much, and doesn't make 24 feet of drag marks ... so with the drag marks, I'm thinking that there is enough new blood to last 24 feet ... not deceased, but bleeding out ("medical distress") and completely disabled. Very cruel.

I just looked at KL's FB page and those Puzzle posts are making me crazy!! They must auto-post/advertise in her friend's news feed, but why oh why would her friends/family comment on these posts after the recent news? Maybe I would too if I was grieving, but (I think it's her brother) RP just commented on her puzzle:
'Hello
Call me'
It was posted 20 hours ago….kinda weird or maybe I'm reading way too much into this and still having hope myself.

I think he still believes she's alive.

Some of the family members may continue to be in denial until they have the physical proof of finding the bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure, but that doesn't stop people from referring to technicians, technologists (2-3 year college program designations), etc., as 'engineers', 'architects', etc. You know how it goes.

True enough, there are domestic engineers and IT architects, but Engineer and Architect designations require specific qualifications.

GRAPHIC WARNING

If that is hope that the family is still alive. They are not. The medical examiner attended the scene the day that the victims were reported missing. There were drag marks spanning 24" of concrete. I've been thinking about that ... drag marks might mean blood. I'm thinking that a deceased person doesn't bleed much, and doesn't make 24 feet of drag marks ... so with the drag marks, I'm thinking that there is enough new blood to last 24 feet ... not deceased, but bleeding out ("medical distress") and completely disabled. Very cruel.

I was thinking what you said also :( I've always felt (I'm trying not to post morbid/gruesome posts) a wound would have to be pretty big or open to leave those kinds of marks, it takes a lot to stain concrete/pavement in a drag mark form for that distance IMO. Another dreadful thought I had was if let's say the ME did find a certain amount of blood evidence inside the home that morning that LE possibly knew early on or even maybe even just recently confirmed there were no survivors because of the volume of loss, makes me wonder if they were there awhile before being moved for the volume to be large... Okay, no more gruesome posts for me, too sad. BBM. Sorry if I offended anyone, no more gore for me, nothing against other posters to each their own, just too sad for me to type.

Perhaps a memorial bench tribute through Calgary Parks could be made on behalf of Nathan Obrien on the Paskapoo Slopes. It is a perfectly sustained natural environment, ecosystem, and wildlife preserve that is a playground for young children.

Perhaps a memorial bench tribute through Calgary Parks could be made on behalf of Nathan Obrien on the Paskapoo Slopes. It is a perfectly sustained natural environment, ecosystem, and wildlife preserve that is a playground for young children.

Otto, you are a good egg. I love how you have earnestly tried to find a tribute that we can all agree upon. So lovely to come upon these posts.

I was thinking what you said also :( I've always felt (I'm trying not to post morbid/gruesome posts) a wound would have to be pretty big or open to leave those kinds of marks, it takes a lot to stain concrete/pavement in a drag mark form for that distance IMO. Another dreadful thought I had was if let's say the ME did find a certain amount of blood evidence inside the home that morning that LE possibly knew early on or even maybe even just recently confirmed there were no survivors because of the volume of loss, makes me wonder if they were there awhile before being moved for the volume to be large... Okay, no more gruesome posts for me, too sad. BBM. Sorry if I offended anyone, no more gore for me, nothing against other posters to each their own, just too sad for me to type.

GRAPHIC WARNING

What it suggests to me is that a heart was beating for those 24 feet. I can't understand any other way for the blood, if the drag marks are blood, to pour that long. I can't think of any other liquid that would be present over 24 feet and which would indicate death. There is a #15 police marker, after #14; which is close to the side door (assuming that markers go in order of crime analysis), and that #15 marker almost suggests that someone was leaned against the garage door ... in front of Alvin's grey truck. I suppose that Douglas had to move Alvin's truck to put the bodies in the back of his truck, and then he put Alvin's truck back in the driveway?

For sure, but that doesn't stop people from referring to technicians, technologists (2-3 year college program designations), etc., as 'engineers', 'architects', etc. You know how it goes.

Technologists will refer to themselves as engineers, but professional engineers do not refer to technologists as engineers. It's a one way street with people that claim to be engineers when they are not.

Hmm.. bullet holes and the blood trail that followed, that is what I think happened. However I am at a loss as to where he would have disposed of the bodies..and or how he did it.

GRAPHIC WARNING

What it suggests to me is that a heart was beating for those 24 feet. I can't understand any other way for the blood, if the drag marks are blood, to pour that long. I can't think of any other liquid that would be present over 24 feet and which would indicate death. There is a #15 police marker, after #14; which is close to the side door (assuming that markers go in order of crime analysis), and that #15 marker almost suggests that someone was leaned against the garage door ... in front of Alvin's grey truck. I suppose that Douglas had to move Alvin's truck to put the bodies in the back of his truck, and then he put Alvin's truck back in the driveway?

That would certainly possibly explain LE taking AL's truck for forensics. However, could DG (if it was him) not have just backed up his green truck onto the empty side of the driveway, up along AL's truck? It would seem to me that moving trucks would risk someone noticing all that.

ETA: Also, the "stains" on the driveway seem concentrated in that "empty" side of the driveway (next to AL's truck).....even right up to the big garage door.

Hmm.. bullet holes and the blood trail that followed, that is what I think happened. However I am at a loss as to where he would have disposed of the bodies..and or how he did it.

The crown prosecutor used the word "bullets" in his press release. First of all, I think a prosecutor should know better than to mouth off to the media ... big mistake. Doesn't he know how to find the back stairs? Anyway, that aside ... does "bullets" mean bullet points, or is he talking about finding "bullets" at the scene? The prosecutor seems inexperienced if he's posturing for the camera. Someone show him the back stairwell ... and tell him to not read the newspaper.

That would certainly possibly explain LE taking AL's truck for forensics. However, could DG (if it was him) not have just backed up his green truck onto the empty side of the driveway, up along AL's truck? It would seem to me that moving trucks would risk someone noticing all that.

It's a single garage, but there is room for a second vehicle. Did Garland back up his truck beside Alvin's truck? Maybe Douglas moved Alvin's truck to more easily put the bodies in the back of the green truck.

That is a lot of prairie wasteland to be searching, with too many side roads and deserted laneways to mention. Like driving in Montana in many areass. Good God.

actually most of that land is private, in view, or being worked by farmers daily (and early). It's very difficult to just pop onto some land. The Cochrane area has some dense crown land but after the rains around the end of June would make getting in and out of those areas iffy.

DG's truck is old and likely loud. I'm not so sure he would risk being heard and alerting the neighbors to peek out of their windows.

I think he might have used AL's truck for everything, while his truck was parked around the corner somewhere and then returned it to the driveway, walked back to his truck and drove home.

actually most of that land is private, in view, or being worked by farmers daily (and early). It's very difficult to just pop onto some land. The Cochrane area has some dense crown land but after the rains around the end of June would make getting in and out of those areas iffy.

I can't imagine what it would be like for rural people to suddenly have "searchers" asking for permission to search their lands ... 200 combing the district! I'm 100% certain that rural people insisted that it stop. It doesn't matter that people are missing, that is no reason to consent to strangers wandering around the yard ... that's nothing but an invitation for more crime bordering vigilante - ism.

Further to my post attached, I have some thoughts that are troubling, the light in the foyer being on, could it be possible that DG came to the front door that evening after dark and AL turned on the inside lights and answered and unlocked the door and then for either one of two reasons DG was able to enter the home. One scenario could be DG had a cordial greeting of sorts allowing access into the home without commotion the other scenario could be that DG had a weapon and made AL surrender. In either scenario could it be possible that DG had a gun with a silencer. I don't perceive DG with a knife for example causing collateral injury as that takes a great deal of energy and timing. I then continue my thoughts as above post where DG takes AL to the bedroom where NO and KL were likely sleeping. So very sad and unimaginable.

In regards to the lights being on, the only troubling aspect is that here in Calgary at this time of year, it isn't dark until 10:30ish at night. The sun also rises at about 5:45. That's a seriously small window to be taking care of 3 bodies without the risk of being exposed by daylight.

DG's truck is old and likely loud. I'm not so sure he would risk being heard and alerting the neighbors to peek out of their windows.

I think he might have used AL's truck for everything, while his truck was parked around the corner somewhere and then returned it to the driveway, walked back to his truck and drove home.
I had an 89 Ford F150, it was very loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper