Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they be home-made calf hutches? There seems to be a bit of fencing around them and an area where the grass has been cut, chewed off, or trampled.

It looks like there is a crow bar resting on the roof of one of the "hutches", which makes me question the calf hutch idea. A person shouldn't need a crow bar to get into a calf hutch.

Hmmm and no livestock on the farm either.... Just don't know. I have spent a few hours trying to find something similar and came up against a brick wall. I would LOVE to know.

i can't help but think, that many people are giving dg waaaaaay too much credit. He is far from a mastermind.... He used his own vehicle to case and carry-out the homicides, obviously left trace evidence at his home and/or truck, and was apprehended defying a court order, returning to where evidence had been collected. Also, unlike many homicides of this nature, he was arrested after a very short period in the investigation.

Therefore, i can only surmise that the disposal of the victims was more simplistic in nature such as dumping. Imo, that is why le have focused their search where they have. The suspect has failed at everything he ever did.... This time is no exception.

exactly!!!!

I still hold hope that these people are alive. I really think DG has an underground hide out. When I was a kid we lived on an acreage and one of the teenage boys was a true outdoors kid, he was a hunter, a scout, into martial arts, slingshots, dirtbikes, and he had the coolest underground fort that we could walk down into. It was impressive and very hard to find. The entrance was a small hole in the ground covered in brush, remove the brush, climb down and we were in an open space. The ground was clay-like and it was well insulated and it was stable, we played in it for years. This kid who did this grew up to be an engineer and has done amazing things in his life and I bet he still has an underground shelter much more elaborate than the one he created as a boy. I hope DG has the same and it is fully stocked and the missing are in it and are coping and keeping faith that they can be found.

Here's a link obtained from the crime fighters site to give you some idea of a "hobbit hole" as mentioned in a later thread. Depending on how elaborate, it seems like it would still involve a heck of a lot of work to me for someone, who may feel anger and that he's been cheated in some way. I don't picture him building something special for his victims. If he had any kind of secret location underground on the acreage in Airdrie, I feel certain that the search dogs would have sniffed out the scent.

http://ukhobbithole.tumblr.com/

... perhaps DG was hired by other farms in the area...

It frequently come up in MSM that his parents are involved in the community, but that their son is a mystery. Some seemed not to even know they had a son.

That I could live with! I keep trying to get on that site, but am having issues. I sometimes think I am psychic... If only I could prove it! Do you have a link?

This forum won't support that link, but if you type psychic crime fighter and "Google", you should be able to find it :D

I think those 3 little sheds have much to do with this case. It is obvious they were not normally used as there is no worn path to them. The one with what looks like some kind of exhaust or whirly bird has definitely been stomped around recently or had digging happen in front of it. Is it possible the searchers didn't pay much attention to that 'soil' because they knew the helicopter was hovering and most likely recording them? When the one that walked away returns it appears he goes around that area but it's right at the end of the clip so difficult to know for sure.

Yes and thank you! That really hits my "hinky" button and I feel certain those sheds have much to do with the case too.

Here's a link obtained from the crime fighters site to give you some idea of a "hobbit hole" as mentioned in a later thread. Depending on how elaborate, it seems like it would still involve a heck of a lot of work to me for someone, who may feel anger and that he's been cheated in some way. I don't picture him building something special for his victims. If he had any kind of secret location underground on the acreage in Airdrie, I feel certain that the search dogs would have sniffed out the scent.

http://ukhobbithole.tumblr.com/

Thanks, I am going to check this out. I am thinking more along the lines of underground tunnel leading to a hide out. We have lots in BC, usually for drugs and as bunkers for the end-of-world fanatics. I don't think he made it for this specific crime. I think he has one because he has had to escape before.

Okay... I have to add this link now... http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/blog/2013/12/11/man-emerges-from-bunker-14-years-after-y2k-scare/

He may be a genius at some things but he hasn't been smart enough to evade LE when it came to his previous crimes and he hasn't been extremely smart or genius-like when it comes to his current situation.

He may be a book smart genius when it comes to his work background, but he's no genius when it comes to day to day life and that has been his downfall all along.

Call him a genius if you like but I'm not seeing it.

I still hold hope that these people are alive. I really think DG has an underground hide out. When I was a kid we lived on an acreage and one of the teenage boys was a true outdoors kid, he was a hunter, a scout, into martial arts, slingshots, dirtbikes, and he had the coolest underground fort that we could walk down into. It was impressive and very hard to find. The entrance was a small hole in the ground covered in brush, remove the brush, climb down and we were in an open space. The ground was clay-like and it was well insulated and it was stable, we played in it for years. This kid who did this grew up to be an engineer and has done amazing things in his life and I bet he still has an underground shelter much more elaborate than the one he created as a boy. I hope DG has the same and it is fully stocked and the missing are in it and are coping and keeping faith that they can be found.

Sadly, if there was even a molecule of proof that any one of these victims were possibly still alive, the charges would not have been formally laid. For the ME to conclude death, the burden of proof is so high when there is no bodies.

I think those 3 little sheds have much to do with this case. It is obvious they were not normally used as there is no worn path to them. The one with what looks like some kind of exhaust or whirly bird has definitely been stomped around recently or had digging happen in front of it. Is it possible the searchers didn't pay much attention to that 'soil' because they knew the helicopter was hovering and most likely recording them? When the one that walked away returns it appears he goes around that area but it's right at the end of the clip so difficult to know for sure.

So I showed the picture to my hubby just to see what he thought it was. His first reaction was that it was oil field shacks. We could be totally off but the big one that someone thought maybe was a smokehouse (my hubby said it does not look like a smoke house in his opinion) seems like a shack they use in the oil field... Just a thought... He also noted that it didn't look like a farm that much "farming" was going on... so just what was DG working at on this property? (in regards to his working past 9pm)

I can't help but think, that many people are giving DG waaaaaay too much credit. He is far from a mastermind.... He used his own vehicle to case and carry-out the homicides, obviously left trace evidence at his home and/or truck, and was apprehended defying a court order, returning to where evidence had been collected. Also, unlike many homicides of this nature, he was arrested after a very short period in the investigation.

Therefore, I can only surmise that the disposal of the victims was more simplistic in nature such as dumping. IMO, that is why LE have focused their search where they have. The suspect has failed at everything he ever did.... This time is no exception.
ITA. Well said

The soil map of Alberta shows black soil in the Airdrie area. From my experience with this soil it wouldn't support itself. The hole would need to be reinforced. I can't see DG going to that kind of work. (I tried to paste the map but it didn't work:( )

I can't help but think, that many people are giving DG waaaaaay too much credit. He is far from a mastermind.... He used his own vehicle to case and carry-out the homicides, obviously left trace evidence at his home and/or truck, and was apprehended defying a court order, returning to where evidence had been collected. Also, unlike many homicides of this nature, he was arrested after a very short period in the investigation.

Therefore, I can only surmise that the disposal of the victims was more simplistic in nature such as dumping. IMO, that is why LE have focused their search where they have. The suspect has failed at everything he ever did.... This time is no exception.

Agree. However, I think DG thinks HE is able to outsmart police and RCMP. He should know, being a Canadian, "The RCMP always gets their man!"

OK I'm not gonna lie. I'm usually cynical about this type of thing but the psychic site is very interesting!

Back to the little sheds.....vent-turbine videos - YouRepeat
www.yourepeat.com/g/vent-turbine
Lomanco WhirlyBird® Turbine Vent Basic Installation - this is a basic video ... on your shed roof to keep it cool and vent noxious odors if you're storing chemicals.

I am not sure if this has been diuscussed yet but I have thought over and over that DG injected the grandparents, possibly NO with a drug or mixture that either killed them or paralyzed them enough to move them. Maybe it didn't take effect immediately or they woke when it happened, hence a struggle. Once they were out of it he removed them. What I would also speculate is that he takes them somewhere and they come-to or they are dead and he goes on with whatever his plan was.

While there is sufficient evidence for the pre-meditation charges, I have a feeling that this crime was not thought out over a long period of time. He made far too many mistakes that even a casual CSI viewer wouldn't make.

My guess is that it was a bludgening or at most a stabbing. There needed to be significant blood and other human matter present at the crime scene for the death determination. I have a feeling that the deaths were quick but very brutal. I do believe he thought enough of his own intelligence to attempt a clean-up at the scene, but didn't have the time or ability to do a decent job.

Thanks, I am going to check this out. I am thinking more along the lines of underground tunnel leading to a hide out. We have lots in BC, usually for drugs and as bunkers for the end-of-world fanatics. I don't think he made it for this specific crime. I think he has one because he has had to escape before.

Okay... I have to add this link now... http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/blog/2013/12/11/man-emerges-from-bunker-14-years-after-y2k-scare/

We all get that this is a joke right. http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/211...is-y2k-bunker-after-15-years-is-totally-fake/
"...Though the story is obviously fake, it quickly went viral..."

I had a family member who was murdered a few years back and until there were charges none of the life insurance or RRSPs were released to the beneficiary. Here (Alberta) when someones death is deemed a homicide or suspicious....everything is put on hold until solved or all beneficiaries are cleared as suspects or beneficiaries take it to court. Also the death benefit is not paid out immediately. The family is going to have huge expenses :( just my experience

Sorry this was in reply to an earlier post on the thread but I failed when I thought the reply button replied to that specific post...newb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor